'DWAS' ON SPOTIFY
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billboard's Greatest Pop Stars: Katy Perry

Real Panda

Featured Posts

DesertWolf

They have artists like Billie Eilish, Kendrick Lamar, Dua Lipa, Post Malone, Sza, Alicia Keys or Christina Aguilera below Katy... yeah ladies and gentleman Billboard 

Monkey-typing.jpg

Here's the list for "honorable mentions" :flop: https://www.billboard.com/lists/best-pop-stars-21st-century-honorable-mentions/

Edited by DesertWolf
JOYRIDE
  • Shook 1

ARTPOPKISS

Can't believe Katy was chosen over LANA DEL REY :iamfair:

Edited by ARTPOPKISS
F@ggotry at its finest
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Real Panda
2 minutes ago, DesertWolf said:

They have artists like Billie Eilish, Kendrick Lamar, Dua Lipa, Post Malone, Sza, Alicia Keys or Christina Aguilera below Katy... yeah ladies and gentleman Billboard 

Monkey-typing.jpg

Maybe because a lot of them like Billie, Sza, Post, Dua are kinda new. I hope Gaga is on this list though. :fan:

DesertWolf
5 minutes ago, Real Panda said:

Maybe because a lot of them like Billie, Sza, Post, Dua are kinda new. I hope Gaga is on this list though. :fan:

but for example here's their argument for Alicia Keys: 
Why Not Top 25? Rarely totally absent from the mainstream over the past 20 years, Keys’ time as a pop superstar was nonetheless mostly limited to her first three albums, and she hasn’t had a real hit single since 2012.

Literally the same could be applied for Kety, make it make sense... 

and this for Kendrick???
Why Not Top 25? Even with those No. 1s, Kendrick Lamar just never really cared about making pop stardom the main thing, and (2024 aside) has largely shrunk from the spotlight when he didn’t absolutely have to be in it – during his most center-staged moment of the century, he was still sneering at Drake, “Only you like being famous.” 

And having in mind Post Malone has 9 diamond certified songs in USA...
Why Not Top 25? Though he feels like he’s already been with us forever at this point, Post Malone has really only been a star for eight years now – and about half of those years were looking kind of dicey, as Posty tried to figure out his place in a post-pandemic world, until he got some help in 2024 from Beyoncé, Taylor Swift and (of course) Morgan Wallen.

They just added her to promote even more her newest flop era :ororomunroe: Capaytol doing their thing as usual 

JOYRIDE
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1

Mr S

I can't believe they are gonna drag out this list for so long

Edited by Mr S
  • Thanks 1

A Very Gaga Holida
20 minutes ago, DesertWolf said:

Monkey-typing.jpg

Here's the list for "honorable mentions" :flop: https://www.billboard.com/lists/best-pop-stars-21st-century-honorable-mentions/

There was no way an artist like Dua would surpass Katy, come on:ladyhaha:

• Thanks 2

Real Panda
2 minutes ago, DesertWolf said:

And having in mind Post Malone has 9 diamond certified songs in USA...

I'm sorry, what?! 9 DIAMOND singles in the US?? I feel like I've been living under a rock. I only know Circles and Sunflower.

Wow, I just looked it up. He holds the record too for the most diamond singles. Wow

• Like 1

Real Panda
14 minutes ago, ManMan said:

i scare to see No.24 Lady Gaga

Freak Out Lol GIF by Jenny Lorenzo

I expect Gaga to be Top 20

• Love 1

Lucas

She is extremely manufactured though. Her team was the reason for her sucess in the early 10's, not Katy herself

• Like 7

NATAH

in loving memory of pop mediocrity :pray:

stream Die With A Smile btw

mother, what must i do?
  • YAAAS 1

Togekiss

I’m thinking they’re sticking to the archetypical “pop star”, which is why indie leaning artists probably wouldn’t be included.

It’s all meaningless bait anyway

360 > 143
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1

Real Panda
8 minutes ago, Togekiss said:

I’m thinking they’re sticking to the archetypical “pop star”, which is why indie leaning artists probably wouldn’t be included.

It’s all meaningless bait anyway

Yes but they said they would factor chart success as well (#1 songs, #1albums, Top 10s, more weeks on the chart)

Nycboy

It’s crazy that they drag her in the second half of the article LOL. You’d expect for them to maybe just not mention her recent failures…