💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

DWAS: why now?

Nycboy

Featured Posts

A Very Gaga Holida
1 minute ago, Naufri said:

Why sing half of the song with a cig in her mouth? , why dance like that during the instrumental break?

Because she should. She took this great piece of music and made it iconic

Naufri
1 minute ago, Schizophonic said:

because she can

and she can because she´s Lady Gaga

Edited by Naufri
  • Shook 1

NATAH
52 minutes ago, jackweller said:

Most likely scenario LG7 is finished and was supposed to be coming out now but due to Joker being released in a little over a month and promo starting in Venice in 2 weeks, it’s been delayed. Can’t have cake and eat it but my guess is Gaga wanted to compensate us for not getting LG7 this year and released DWAS

but that doesn't make any sense cus joker's release date has been known for years so Gaga and her team would have planned around that, it hasn't been delayed by joker

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 2

AnglerfishbraBENUS
7 minutes ago, A Very Gaga Holida said:

It’s definitely I Don’t Know What Love Is oriented though

why? because it’s a duet?

julz

The fact that this is eligible for next year's Grammys make me think that the timing is bec of it...end of Aug is the deadline. There are so many great songs this year that the next year's Grammys will be super exciting, and this duet made it astronomically anticipated now.

Actually...they dont need the Grammys, the Grammys need them :queenga:

• Like 1

Bronco

Honestly I feel like people are expecting way too much in regards to singles from the upcoming album. 

Singles are a dead game these days for big artists. Big name artists push their biggest track first, pump out some physical variants to boost the debut position then sit back and let the album pre-orders rack up. Streaming has made the charts so stagnant that the only thing record labels are interested in are massive preorder numbers on physical album copies & a big **** off tour schedule. 

LG7 will hopefully be a massive critical & commercial success - but it ain't going to be a long era like Born This Way was. We'll get like 2 videos. 

Bronco
2 minutes ago, julz said:

The fact that this is eligible for next year's Grammys make me think that the timing is bec of it...end of Aug is the deadline. There are so many great songs this year that the next year's Grammys will be super exciting, and this duet made it astronomically anticipated now.

Actually...they dont need the Grammys, the Grammys need them :queenga:

Honestly, it would be such an amazing duet moment for the Grammys so it's basically guaranteed a nom on that reason alone

SHALLOW

You're overthinking. People don't care as long as they like the music (and it trends on TikTok ) :huntyga:

Edited by SHALLOW
  • LMAO 1

A Very Gaga Holida
26 minutes ago, AnglerfishbraBENUS said:

why? because it’s a duet?

It’s a love song with a similar tempo (I don’t know the tempooooooo:traumatica:) sang in a similar style, inspired by the same years, with most instruments in common and the share of the voices is basically the same

Edited by A Very Gaga Holida

4SeasonsInADay

Bruno was opening the Intuit Dome which was kind of a big deal. His album wasn't ready and needed something to promote.

Gaga knew she had the Olympics and then into Joker press cycle. Not convinced the Joker soundtrack is going to have any breakout singles. The talk of original songs has died down and its more about covers.

Seems like something that was mutually beneficial, for present promotion and as mentioned above Grammy nominations. Plus, the two had wanted to work together for years.

• Like 1

AnglerfishbraBENUS
7 minutes ago, A Very Gaga Holida said:

It’s a love song with a similar tempo (I don’t know the tempooooooo:traumatica:) sang in a similar style, inspired by the same years, with most instruments in common and the share of the voices is basically the same

well,

DWAS is in 6/8 vs IDKWLI being 4/4 time signature wise.

i don’t think they are a similar style either just because they use real instruments. Either way i totally get it - just always interesting what people think of music 

• Love 1

A Very Gaga Holida
1 minute ago, AnglerfishbraBENUS said:

well,

DWAS is in 6/8 vs IDKWLI being 4/4 time signature wise.

i don’t think they are a similar style either just because they use real instruments. Either way i totally get it - just always interesting what people think of music 

It’s alright! But I don’t find them similar “just because they use real instruments”, they do in Shallow too and I think it sounds nothing like Shallow. If anything, Shallow actually reminds me of Judas with that chorus :deadbanana:

Edonis

probably to keep her in music listeners minds as JFAD starts promo.

as for LG7, you can have multiple songs be successful on a chart, so there is no reason NOT to release something like this right before her movie era and new album. long gone is the age of chasing radio updates (**** z100 or whatever that fad station is called) and, if anything, taking too many breaks in between can kill the momentum :enigma:, so DWAS smashing, even if it is a completely different genre than LG7, can only be a good thing. 

Edited by Edonis
  • Thanks 3

AnglerfishbraBENUS

my favorite thing about Gaga is that you can guarantee she will do the unexpected and somehow her fans forget this each time lol. we’ve literally never been able to guess what she’ll do next unless there’s some type of very clear leak

• Like 5

madmagical6

So many people don't have faith in LG7 here being commercially successful :air:

This is Gaga we're on about and people from what I've seen outside twitter really want balls to the wall, pure Gaga weirdness back! 

I have faith that she'll smash with LG7. Even like songs like Abracadabra. We've only heard a small snippet of it, but I think this is the 'Bad Romance' type of hit everyone has missed. 

• Like 3