'DWAS' MUSIC VIDEO OUT NOW
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

DWAS: why now?

Nycboy

Featured Posts

Robo Ga

Also another thought I had is that Joker will have a TON of new people searching up Gaga on streaming so it makes sense to have a recent release out. Or else they’d have to stream sweet sounds of heaven lol

🤖⚡️
  • LMAO 5

Schizophonic
16 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

This is a standalone era.

DWAS will end. Joker will ramp up and play out until the end of the year. There will likely be a relatively quiet period while we go through awards season Jan / Feb and then I bet she will roll out LG7 in spring and tour in the summer. DWAS will feel like it was a long time ago at that point; however the song itself is being super well received and hopefully has longevity to not only keep Gaga on the charts but also warm up audiences for new solo music! Not to mention getting streaming audiences warmed up for new releases as well. Joker will also do major things for her exposure pre LG7. I think they are playing the long game and that she’s set up for one of her biggest eras ever.

I highly doubt DWAS leaves top 15 this year....(well, before xmas songs)

and lets see the cold facts: she teased lg7 in may, august and even last friday. there is no reason to think she hast postponed it... she even had the assumed lg7 look last week on her socials... 

Edited by Schizophonic
  • Like 5

BULATIO

October 31st is Halloween, which is Thursday. We could get the album the next day, Friday, November 1st. How about that? Imagine crazy streaming during the holidays!

Sexy Witch Trial GIF

fighting buryat
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

BULATIO
6 minutes ago, Starmie25 said:

We live in the streaming age. The more the merrier.

THIS :pawsup: 

fighting buryat

Robo Ga
20 minutes ago, Schizophonic said:

I highly doubt DWAS leaves top 15 this year....(well, before xmas songs)

and lets see the cold facts: she teased lg7 in may, august and even last friday. there is no reason to think she hast postponed it... she even had the assumed lg7 look last week on her socials... 

I don’t think she postponed it; I think that this has maybe always been the plan. I just highly doubt there will be crossover between joker and lg7

🤖⚡️
  • Like 1

Yaaaas Gaga

I actually think it’s a brilliant move. DWAS subtly reintroduces her to the GP in time for the Joker 2 hype. She can then ride the wave of success of the back of the film and enjoy a successful award season for both music and film. By this point she will be firmly back in the limelight and can kill us all with the rumoured darker themes of LG7. 

And let’s be real, DWAS is a really good song and will hopefully have sustained success on the charts through Autumn and into the Winter.

A Very Gaga Holida

I think people said it all:

Because LG7 and its singles are late,

and because LG7’s singles might have little to no commercial success. Chromatica’s “only” did fine despite being really safe and released after the historic A Star Is Born.

Daring dance music doesn’t work right now, and from what we’ve heard LG7 is sonic vomit. The GP probably won’t like that a lot, BUT who knows, Gen Z might do wonders through TikTok

Die With A Smash might be the huge hit Insterscope wants to make sure everything will be okay. Every album cycle has been okay anyway, except for her actual last album, or should I say Tony’s last album but there was no budget so it’s not like they lost anything (and wasn’t it Columbus or something and not Interscope? Or was it both?)

Edited by A Very Gaga Holida

HIMe
52 minutes ago, Leoj305 said:

Because it’s a perfect song to promote Joker 

Why would you promote a musical movie with a song that's not part of the soundtrack ?

It doesn't make any sense marketing wise. 

• Like 1

Naufri

Because she fell in love with the song Bruno was writing and probably wasn´t going to fit in the next album of her or Bruno, so better to release it than simply discard the idea. Sometimes things are as simple as that. 

I mean this is the woman who was vomited in a doritos festival while screaming f pop music, and then released a jazz standards cover album with Tony Bennet and sang a medley of The Hills are Alive in the oscars. Expect the unexpected I guess.

• Like 6

AnglerfishbraBENUS
57 minutes ago, Leoj305 said:

Because it’s a perfect song to promote Joker and it’s super GP friendly, and Shallow is one of her and the biggest hits ever, so why not release a shallow like song with one of the biggest male pop stars ever before she drops a whole movie and a new era months later? It’s a genius move. 

why are people saying this song sounds anything like Shallow though lol

• Like 1

Naufri

Why sing half of the song with a cig in her mouth? , why dance like that during the instrumental break?

Schizophonic
37 minutes ago, BULATIO said:

October 31st is Halloween, which is Thursday. We could get the album the next day, Friday, November 1st. How about that? Imagine crazy streaming during the holidays!

Sexy Witch Trial GIF

well it would make a lot more sense to release it before that so people can play it halloween. 

like you dont release christmas songs on december 25.

Schizophonic
1 minute ago, Naufri said:

Why sing half of the song with a cig in her mouth? , why dance like that during the instrumental break?

because she can

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A Very Gaga Holida
1 minute ago, AnglerfishbraBENUS said:

why are people saying this song sounds anything like Shallow though lol

It’s definitely I Don’t Know What Love Is oriented though

• Like 1