'DWAS' ON SPOTIFY
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Venice Film Fest Director: Joker 2 is much darker

Sorcerer

Featured Posts

Sorcerer

Alberto Barbera reveals how he made the Italian festival the hottest spot to debut a film—and how it will juggle having both Brad and Angelina on the carpet.

Every year, there are headline-grabbing moments in Venice like Lady Gaga on a boat. Do you have a favorite moment like that from the last couple of years?

Well, you mentioned Lady Gaga. I think that is a perfect example of a very special moment. Do you remember the red carpet of A Star Is Born? It was magic, because she was on the red carpet with this beautiful white dress with feathers and so on, and then it started to rain, but she didn't want to leave the red carpet. She stayed on the red carpet taking photos, signing autographs and so on. And then she was completely wet. So she came to my office, trying to dry herself and gown. And Bradley Cooper was outside with me, discussing the film and the expectation around the film. And then she came out of the office, and she was trembling, and he said, "Oh, I don't understand why. You should be used to this, being in concerts with hundreds of thousands of people waiting for you."

She told me, "Yeah, of course, but this is my first time in a film." So she was shaking, but then of course the response of the critics and the audience to the film was so fantastic. It was a beautiful evening for everybody.

She’ll be back with Joker: Folie À Deux this year. The first film was a bit polarizing when it premiered at Venice. Do you anticipate the sequel to get a similar reaction?

Yes, I think so. If you expect just a second part of the previous one, exactly the same kind of narrative and situation and so on, you are wrong, because the theme is much darker. It is much more inventive from every point of view. It's completely unexpected. I think it is very bold, and brave, and creative, and an incredibly original film.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/story/venice-film-festivals-artistic-director-interview-awards-insider

Edited by Sorcerer
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 7
  • Love 6
  • Shook 1

• Sorcerer changed the title to Venice Film Fest Director: Joker 2 is much darker
River

Toad Fillip better deliver!!!

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Bradley
50 minutes ago, weed said:

I am so ready to be fed by Father Todd Phillips

This sounds so wrong. :partysick: I've been watching too much of MormonBoyz and SayUncle.

Edited by Bradley
  • LMAO 5
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1

badfaith
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

This sounds so wrong. :partysick: I've been watching too much of MormonBoyz and SayUncle.

Taste honestly :glamourpuss:

• LMAO 1
  • Love 1