Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
news

Die With A Smile - Song and Video OUT NOW

LastNight

Featured Posts

Tyler1992

I think it’s officially standalone- but it complements Joker really well, the cross promotion is pretty brilliant.

It’s very Lady-esque, which is more in line with glitz and glamour movie star Gaga, which she will be focused on in the upcoming months. 

It also is a nice stepping stone to LG7-the pressure is less knowing she can potentially unleash the album with a recent hit. It disintegrates the “comeback” narrative most artists have after a long break. 

Noir

I imagine it’s a stand alone single, similar to The Cure / Hold My Hand.

clearly it’s a placeholder until Joker 2 arrives and LG7 is announced. Plus it’s eligible for the Grammys so that’s a small win, if they push for it. It’s bound to receive a Pop Duo Performance nomination at least. 

Anderson123

IF THE WORLD WAS ENDING I'D WANNA BE NEXT.............................

Spoiler

to you your opinion GIF

It's stuck in my head all day.

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 2

ceminay

I like the song, I don’t love it, but because it’s not my style, it may grow on me more. I remember so many fans didn’t like Shallow until it became a hit, but then loved it. Personally, Shallow never grew on me that much, but ARUTW is one of my favorite songs.

I like that she released this song by itself, releasing music with when you want without overthinking why is what music should be about. I’m very excited for LG7, as she doesn’t disappoint when she’s feeling herself and combines that passion with other genres like pop and rock.

• Love 1

codymonster

I’m so happy people love it so much. I can’t even compare shallow and this, personally. Shallow was so dynamic and unique.

But again, very glad that this is being well received. It’s just for some reason not clicking with me :cryga:

Edited by codymonster
  • Like 4

Just A Holy Fool

It will be a cute hit I think, but Shallow was a slow build with major longevity. Let’s check this thread again in 6 months. 

• Like 5

TylerMedeiros
1 hour ago, MOT said:

Not a good choice imo. It doesn't fit. She can expect a strongly-worded letter.

I disagree. Although I don’t support smoking cigarettes, it felt to me like she did that as an acting point. Like the OP mentioned how it was a nod to old TV 60s/70s.

I think she did it to look more mature in some way as to where it was equally his song as it was hers. To show it was a duet and that she wasn’t just a feature or woman playing with him. I’m just saying what I felt and believe to be the case. I’m open to being wrong. And once again, I’m not endorsing or celebrating her for smoking a cigarette- or anyone. 

do what you want. She did what she wanted. And that’s all I know.

YEET
  • Like 3

Heygirl22

I honestly love the cigarette lol

Back then people smoked so casually even on tv so I totally understand the vibe and she is Gaga I thought she was still glamorous and absolutely beautiful yet still has the edge we all love about her 

oprah GIF

• Like 3

weed

It has a Joker vibe but I think it's just an artistic and commercial collaboration between 2 MGM icons :vegas:

• Like 1

Hennycomb
4 minutes ago, Just A Holy Fool said:

It will be a cute hit I think, but Shallow was a slow build with major longevity. Let’s check this thread again in 6 months. 

I think shallow's longevity is due to the movie. It was being slowly watched by more people at home after it was out. For example, I as a Gaga fan watched it on the movie theater, my mom watched it some years later and saved/listened to the song after watching it. I think that was the case for a lot of people, they got interested and watched the movie on streaming and then the song kept going. It's gonna be hard to do that with DWAS.

Edited by Hennycomb
  • Thanks 3

weed

I highly doubt it but would be amazing for sure lol, would be very beneficial with a surprise VMA performance. The Oscars performance of Shallow is really what made it so iconic... more views than most of her music videos, everyone LOVED it, a cultural moment. 

• Like 1

Real Panda

Die With A Smile is #1 on Apple Music Brazil.

iTunes #1 in 36 countries:

US, UK, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Combia, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, Peru, Poland, Taiwan, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Belize, Bulgaria, Cayman Islands, Chile, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Finland, Greece, Ireland, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, New Zealand, Norway, Paraguay, Romania, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland

Its also #2 in a lot of countries, only after that new Lisa song. 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 3

Anderson123

The title “Die With A Smile” makes it look like it’s Joker related but the moment you see Bruno there it’s confusing because Joker soundtrack has to be mostly Joaquin and Gaga songs.

So now that we have the song, the video and the story about Bruno calling Gaga it’s pretty obvious this is not for Joker and most likely standalone single or for Bruno’s upcoming album. 

• Like 1

• Jase unpinned this topic