music news

#22 One Direction: Billboard's The 25 Greatest Pop Stars of the 21st Century

Teletubby

Featured Posts

salty like sodium
7 hours ago, Teletubby said:

Why Not Top 25? Formidable as the Cult of Lana has become over the past decade-plus, it is still mostly a cult – her actual top 40 presence has been more minimal than you’d think, with her only two Hot 100 top 10 appearances coming via an uncharacteristic EDM remix and a chill sesh alongside the world’s biggest artist.  

ok but she's influenced everyone from billie eilish to taylor swift to olivia rodrigo - and everyone else who is influenced by those artists as a result. she's definitely a huge force in the industry, because even though the gp doesn't listen to her, the industry itself is captivated by her music (as well as the artists in it)

Monstermilo

is it me or has peoples' taste in music and vocals really diminished the last 30 years...

so tired of mediocrity being praised :( 

im just hoping Gaga, beyonce and ari are high cuz they have the actual vocal talent to back up their fame. 

• Like 1

Zaskar

I understand Billie, Dua, Cardi, Lorde and Lana being left out.:huntyga:

But Kelly Clarkson and P!nk and Avril not being there makes me mad. Where is that pop-rock representation at? :saladga:

NATAH
4 hours ago, salty like sodium said:

ok but she's influenced everyone from billie eilish to taylor swift to olivia rodrigo - and everyone else who is influenced by those artists as a result. she's definitely a huge force in the industry, because even though the gp doesn't listen to her, the industry itself is captivated by her music (as well as the artists in it)

yes but this list is based on chart runs which lana doesn't have lol

mother, what must i do?

gumzy3000

The only people that got snubbed were Lana and Lorde. They actually changed the trajectory for pop music and made it different and exciting. Lana especially is a legend and I'm not even a huge fan 

trolly troll troll

Teletubby

#25 Katy Perry
25_Katy_embed_2-billboard-1240.jpg25_Katy_embed_3-billboard-1240.jpg

My red fur tastes like Coca~Cola My eyes are wide like 🍒 pies I gots a taste for men who are married
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 3
  • Shook 1

NATAH
3 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

#25 Katy Perry
25_Katy_embed_2-billboard-1240.jpg25_Katy_embed_3-billboard-1240.jpg

her final accolade :icant:

mother, what must i do?

StarstruckIllusion
1 minute ago, buzzkill said:

Its chart based not cultural impact.

Well… dont tell me Khia Perry has outdone Gaga atp…

darkgaga
1 minute ago, buzzkill said:

Its chart based not cultural impact.

It clearly said in the first article that charts do count, but other aspects as well

• Like 2

buzzkill
5 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Well… dont tell me Khia Perry has outdone Gaga atp…

Lana del rey not be included is the most for me. 

buzzkill
5 minutes ago, darkgaga said:

It clearly said in the first article that charts do count, but other aspects as well

So how come Katy perry be in the 25 position? What relevence does she have on culture besides a 5 #1 songs album from almost 15 years ago?

• Like 1

jackweller

Surprised Katy placed #25 considering she’s #9 on top digital singles artists, and was #8 top artist of 2010s. Do we know what they base this chart on exactly? Sales? charts appearance?

• Teletubby changed the title to #22 One Direction: Billboard's The 25 Greatest Pop Stars of the 21st Century