Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
music news

#18 The Weeknd: Billboard's The 25 Greatest Pop Stars of the 21st Century

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Real Panda

Hahahahaha! Greatest Pop Stars of the 21st Century?????? Are you joking? What in the ass-kissing nonsense is this! Lipsyncing live performances and concerts and everyone in that group gets 1 or 2 lines per song.

BTS above Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran, One Direction, Bad Bunny???

• Like 3

GagaGame
On 8/27/2024 at 6:58 PM, Teletubby said:

#23 Bad Bunny 
25_Bad_Bunny_embed_1-greatest-pop-stars-

MANANA :ladyhaha:

I could be your mustang for the weekend
  • LMAO 1

TortureMeOnReplay
1 hour ago, Real Panda said:

Hahahahaha! Greatest Pop Stars of the 21st Century?????? Are you joking? What in the ass-kissing nonsense is this! Lipsyncing live performances and concerts and everyone in that group gets 1 or 2 lines per song.

BTS above Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran, One Direction, Bad Bunny???

BTS trailblazed kpop in the Western world whether you like it or not. I don't even like their music but I can acknowledge they're hugely influential. 

• Like 5

Real Panda
23 minutes ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

BTS trailblazed kpop in the Western world whether you like it or not. I don't even like their music but I can acknowledge they're hugely influential. 

Yeah but chartwise even worldwide chartwise Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran, One Direction, Bad Bunny has done better in the 21st century. I mean this is all based on people who work for Billboard anyway so its not based on who trailblazed what. 

BTS - 6 #1s, 10 Top10s, 27 entries

Bruno Mars - 8 #1, 19 T10s, 33 ents.

Katy - 9 #1s, 14 Top 10s, 36 entries

Ed Sheeran has 55 songs entering the charts, Bad Bunny has 94 songs entering the Hot 100.

This is clearly not charts-based

Edited by Real Panda

• Teletubby changed the title to #18 The Weeknd: Billboard's The 25 Greatest Pop Stars of the 21st Century
King of the Fall

Solid placement but still a bit low for him in my opinion considering how much success he has achieved and the massive influence on R&B that trilogy had

He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite
  • Like 9

LateToCult

I have no idea where this list is going anymore. I think top 5 will still be Taylor, Drake, Adele, Rihanna, and Beyonce. Who tf will make up the rest of the top 10?

Maybe Kanye, Usher, and Justin Bieber?

I’m confused on the requirements. Do acts that debuted before 2000 count if they were influential in the 21st century? If so then Britney, Jay Z, and Eminem could also be top 10 contenders. Heck, even top 5.

• Thanks 1

The Weeknd at 18???? Ow gurl we in danger, I swear if Billboard disrespects Gaga like this and doesn’t make her top 5 when we know damn well she’s one of the most if not the most influential and culturally relevant artist of the past 25 years….

• Like 1

Catnikko
55 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Taylor, Drake, Adele, Rihanna, and Beyonce. Who tf will make up the rest of the top 10?

Yeah def Kanye and Justin

surely not usher though there's no way on earth he would place higher than the weeknd :air: 

I thought the weeknd would be in the top 10 honestly, I think Gaga is almost guaranteed to be in the top 10 at this point

Selena gomez must be somewhere too? 

it's a mess though because how tf didn't billie even make the list

Dance in the shadow of the meow

LateToCult
36 minutes ago, Catnikko said:

Yeah def Kanye and Justin

surely not usher though there's no way on earth he would place higher than the weeknd :air: 

I thought the weeknd would be in the top 10 honestly, I think Gaga is almost guaranteed to be in the top 10 at this point

Selena gomez must be somewhere too? 

it's a mess though because how tf didn't billie even make the list

Usher had a pretty good run in the 00s. He had 9 #1s and is one of the most awarded artists by Billboard. I think he has a decent shot at getting placed in the top 10. Who knows though. This list isn’t making too much sense. :chica:

• YAAAS 1

Anderson123
3 hours ago, LateToCult said:

I’m confused on the requirements. Do acts that debuted before 2000 count if they were influential in the 21st century? If so then Britney, Jay Z, and Eminem could also be top 10 contenders. Heck, even top 5.

That'd mean Michael Jackson, Madonna, Prince, Elton etc would have to make it in there and just from what I've seen (BTS, Lil Wayne), probably not.

• Like 1

Controversiaga

I have a QUESTION !!!!!!!

by “last 25 years”

do they mean just pop stars who slayed over the last 25 years ? Meaning if Madonna slayed over the last 25 years she’s eligible to be consistent for this list- even tho her career began in the 80s

is Beyoncé eligible even tho her career began in the 90s? Same with Britney? 

Xtina is on the didn’t make it list and she of course began her career in the 90s

so do they not mean pop stars who developed and established themselves over the last 25 years .. or just anybody who slayed the last 25 years…Cher or Mariah could be included 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

Controversiaga
3 hours ago, LateToCult said:

I have no idea where this list is going anymore. I think top 5 will still be Taylor, Drake, Adele, Rihanna, and Beyonce. Who tf will make up the rest of the top 10?

Thank you I’m askinf the same question 

cause they put Christina Aguilera in that didn’t make it list and she debuted in the 90s. Same with missy elliot who is on that list too  

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”