💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Teenage Dream the only good album from Katy?

Blackout19

Featured Posts

SimonBaetens

No, Prism is also good and so is One of the Boys. Witness and Smile have some good moments as well.

when you're lonely, I'll be lonely too

Didymus
31 minutes ago, plane jane said:

wait, i thought you liked her music... are you being sarcastic? :madge:

I like Katy as an act, especially live. She puts on a darn good show and she has a great discography in terms of fun, varied bops. But imo she never put an album together in a compelling way. It always sounds like a compromise between 5 producers who all mixed their tracks separately and just vomited them all out onto a random tracklist. Not my jam.

• Like 2

Kitana

I can listen to OOTB without a single skip. its my fave of hers

You will learn respect!
  • Like 1

plane jane
3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I like Katy as an act, especially live. She puts on a darn good show and she has a great discography in terms of fun, varied bops. But imo she never put an album together in a compelling way. It always sounds like a compromise between 5 producers who all mixed their tracks separately and just vomited them all out onto a random tracklist. Not my jam.

oh, I completely agree with you. to me, her albums always felt like those greatest hits/best of compilation records. there's no clear vision or cohesive theme to an album, even with Teenage Dream imo. I think you're as good (as an artist) as your deep cuts are, so when it comes to Katy, most of her non-singles are straight up unlistenable or just plain boring! 

that being said, I think Witness is her strongest attempt at crafting a decent body of work so far. 

• Like 2

SS77

Katy as a songwriter with her guitar is top tier perfection (“Thinking of You” / “Lost” / “I’m Still Breathing”), and it’s a sound/songwriting style I wish she would revisit one day. 

Instead of constantly chasing for a pop banger.

Edited by SS77
  • Like 2

NATAH
40 minutes ago, Didymus said:

But imo she never put an album together in a compelling way. It always sounds like a compromise between 5 producers who all mixed their tracks separately and just vomited them all out onto a random tracklist. Not my jam.

31 minutes ago, plane jane said:

oh, I completely agree with you. to me, her albums always felt like those greatest hits/best of compilation records. there's no clear vision or cohesive theme to an album, even with Teenage Dream imo. I think you're as good (as an artist) as your deep cuts are, so when it comes to Katy, most of her non-singles are straight up unlistenable or just plain boring! 

that being said, I think Witness is her strongest attempt at crafting a decent body of work so far. 

this is exactly how i feel about her albums too! like the put all the effort in crafting a good song for the singles and then just filled the albums with whatever they had leftover!

mother, what must i do?

Smother Em Eh

No, half of Prism is solid if it was cut in half it would be perfect. Also OOTB was a wonderful debut and Witness has some great tracks like the title track, Chained To The Rhythm and Roulette. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

HelloHangoverz
1 hour ago, plane jane said:

hummingbird heartbeat is a bop though

sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Bronco

OotB is great, Teenage Dream is her absolute best, Prism has a mix of smashes and passes. And then its a pretty steep downward curve

ActualPatient

There's some good content on her first three albums. After those three, I only really liked Chained to the Rhythm. 

Waking Up In Vegas >>>>