music news

Katy Perry to receive the Vanguard Award at VMAs, according to Trisha Paytas

Teletubby

Featured Posts

IllusionLover
4 hours ago, SOON said:

Well it's an award mainly focusing on Music Videos so it's kinda fair. Wish the music in the videos were good enough too, which is the part that bugs me :enigma:

Well yes, although her videos are mostly green screen ****. I can't believe she's getting it before Gaga (ik she has the tricon but that's not focused on her videos) or Taylor which both have waaaay better music videos

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes
  • Like 2

warhol killer
1 hour ago, lastpopicon said:

She refused it and demanded a custom award aka the Tricon award

Fresh from Popjustice:

1.png

2.png

Damn I feel like it would have been iconic if she accepted the award in 2018 aka her 10th year, that would have been such a celebration.

warhol killer ✮ GAGAÂč⁔
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

monstertoronto
2 hours ago, lastpopicon said:

Fresh from Popjustice:

1.png

2.png

Thanks for this info. Is this person a legit source? It seems weird she would keep turning it down. 

lastpopicon
3 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

Thanks for this info. Is this person a legit source? It seems weird she would keep turning it down. 

Yes, he is an old insider.

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TheOriginalOne
8 hours ago, Economy said:

Im so proud to receive this honour:

katy perry 61st grammys GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

audience:

Lonely Euro Cup GIF by UEFA

Why did I think that was Paquita La Del Barrio :air:

Paquita GIF

TortureMeOnReplay
5 hours ago, lastpopicon said:

Fresh from Popjustice:

1.png

2.png

What did they do to her in 2013?

lastpopicon
Just now, TortureMeOnReplay said:

What did they do to her in 2013?

I'd guess because of the change of plans of the Applause performance at the VMA's.

She had a much more daring and complex performance in mind, but they reportedly refused her, and we got the performance we have today, still a great and iconic performance, she killed it, but it wasn't what she originally wanted. 

You can read the original concept in detail here:

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/85190950.html

• Like 5
  • Shook 1

Real Panda
3 hours ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

I could’ve sworn Katy already received it :enigma:

I think that was the 2018 Kids Choice Award. Katy and The Backpack Kid won for Favorite Dance Trend. This is the most recent televised award Katy won.

• LMAO 4

lastpopicon
2 minutes ago, Real Panda said:

I think that was the 2018 Kids Choice Award. Katy and The Backpack Kid won for Favorite Dance Trend. This is the most recent televised award Katy won.

I can't decide how to react because this is both accurate and hilarious :brat:

• LMAO 1

StupidLoveBis

Well, she deserves it, her videography is pretty good.
But the fact that she just happens to receive this award a few days before the release of her album.....
It's just a deal between mtv and Katy Perry's label/team to give her this award that year to boost her promotion.

I'm not a big fan of the signal given by mtv to reward an artist the year we learn she's working again with a problematic man (even if the prize rewards the clips and not the music).

Edited by StupidLoveBis

Real Panda
3 minutes ago, lastpopicon said:

I can't decide how to react because this is both accurate and hilarious :brat:

Its actually on her awards page on Wiki but her latest non-televised award was 3 years ago. Katy won for Best Female Artist of 2021 by the Pop Awards with no hit song or no new album she managed to win it. 

If Katy was the Best Female Artist of 2021, then I am the next monarch of Genovia.

naomi campbell laugh GIF

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

NATAH
3 hours ago, lastpopicon said:

I'd guess because of the change of plans of the Applause performance at the VMA's.

She had a much more daring and complex performance in mind, but they reportedly refused her, and we got the performance we have today, still a great and iconic performance, she killed it, but it wasn't what she originally wanted. 

You can read the original concept in detail here:

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/85190950.html

didn't MTV also ask her to change it because they didn't want her taking attention away from miley or something?

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 3

lastpopicon
5 minutes ago, NATAH said:

didn't MTV also ask her to change it because they didn't want her taking attention away from miley or something?

Yes, it was something about Miley, but Miley herself didn't have any say in the matter afaik 

And it's so crazy to me, in what world you refuse Gaga to give the spotlight to Miley, I love her, but in 2013 Gaga deserved it... To think about all she did for the VMA's to be snubbed like that, I can understand why she carries a grudge about it.

We could have gotten another 2009 level performance, I feel we were robbed from something very special in 2013. I still love the 2013 performance we did got though, Gaga killed it, and it was the highlight of the ceremony.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1