💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

DJWS sued over Pitbull’s “I Feel Good”

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

A new lawsuit claims that Pitbull’s 2021 dance hit “I Feel Good” was copied from an earlier track that was created more than 15 years earlier.

In a case filed Thursday in Manhattan federal court, a company called All Surface Publishing alleged that Pitbull’s song – which spent 27 weeks on Billboard’s Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart — infringed the copyright to a 2006 song called “Samir’s Theme” by featuring “significant similarities.”

The case doesn’t name Pitbull personally as a defendant but instead targets his record label Mr. 305 Inc., as well as DJ White Shadow (Paul Edward Blair), who produced the track and was also featured on it as an artist.

A key part of most copyright lawsuits is proving that the accused infringer had enough “access” to the original that they had a chance to copy it. In the case of “I Feel Good,” the lawsuit claims All Surface owner Aaron LaCanfora sent “Samir’s Theme” directly to DJ White Shadow in 2011.

“I love this song,” the DJ allegedly responded, according to the lawsuit.

Reps for both Mr. 305 and DJ White Shadow did not return requests for comment.

The lawsuit contains detail on the alleged similarities between the two works. Both are around 125 beats per minutes, for example, and both allegedly contain “substantially similar and distinctive melodic lines.” For example, after the introductory passage, the complaint alleges, “the respective instrumental melodies of both songs begin with a melodic line that features two notes that descend stepwise before landing on the tonic (principal melodic tone or note), which completes the three-note introductory phrase of the melodies.” Similarities also appear in the rhythmic structures of both works, the complaint alleges. For example, “at 17 seconds into both compositions, an ostinato figure begins and lasts throughout both songs.” The works also allegedly contain similar instrumentation, timing elements, and percussion tracks. source

Edited by Teletubby
Cockroach of GGD
  • LMAO 2
  • Shook 1

weed

maybe the experts know but to me i don't really see a case... 

• Like 3

FATCAT

This will probably get thrown out, its just a monotone horn and probably from similar stem packs.

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 2

hieronymus

That horn style is extremely popular in dance music, especially early 2000s. This carries no weight.

• Like 4

NATAH

i mean this guy sent DJWS a generic dance beat in 2011 and he really thinks he copied it 10 years later? :air:

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 3

weed

I will say tho Samir's Theme is a bop :hor: in my library now mama it's giving Runescape EDM

• LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

A Very Gaga Holida

Lmaooooooo girl, you’re not getting one dollar from this trial :lmao:

Noah

they should sue new jeans instead i think

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡
  • Love 1

hieronymus
1 hour ago, Teletubby said:

A new lawsuit claims that Pitbull’s 2021 dance hit “I Feel Good” was copied from an earlier track that was created more than 15 years earlier.

In a case filed Thursday in Manhattan federal court, a company called All Surface Publishing alleged that Pitbull’s song – which spent 27 weeks on Billboard’s Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart — infringed the copyright to a 2006 song called “Samir’s Theme” by featuring “significant similarities.”

The case doesn’t name Pitbull personally as a defendant but instead targets his record label Mr. 305 Inc., as well as DJ White Shadow (Paul Edward Blair), who produced the track and was also featured on it as an artist.

A key part of most copyright lawsuits is proving that the accused infringer had enough “access” to the original that they had a chance to copy it. In the case of “I Feel Good,” the lawsuit claims All Surface owner Aaron LaCanfora sent “Samir’s Theme” directly to DJ White Shadow in 2011.

“I love this song,” the DJ allegedly responded, according to the lawsuit.

Reps for both Mr. 305 and DJ White Shadow did not return requests for comment.

The lawsuit contains detail on the alleged similarities between the two works. Both are around 125 beats per minutes, for example, and both allegedly contain “substantially similar and distinctive melodic lines.” For example, after the introductory passage, the complaint alleges, “the respective instrumental melodies of both songs begin with a melodic line that features two notes that descend stepwise before landing on the tonic (principal melodic tone or note), which completes the three-note introductory phrase of the melodies.” Similarities also appear in the rhythmic structures of both works, the complaint alleges. For example, “at 17 seconds into both compositions, an ostinato figure begins and lasts throughout both songs.” The works also allegedly contain similar instrumentation, timing elements, and percussion tracks. source

I just :koons:

Edited by hieronymus

Controversiaga

He should be sued for depriving us of unreleased Gaga songs too !!

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • LMAO 1

NATAH
6 minutes ago, Controversiaga said:

He should be sued for depriving us of unreleased Gaga songs too !!

he did try but the law blocked him and lets face it, that my little pony soundtrack ain't gunna cover the legal fees and fines he'd suffer :traumatica:

mother, what must i do?