💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Love. Angel. Music. Baby. Appreciation Thread

27monster27

Featured Posts

27monster27

My No Doubt/Gwen Stefani discography reaction continued this week with Love. Angel. Music. Baby. This album is amazing. From beginning to end it is a diverse array of bangers that you can tell influenced music in the 2000's. This and In The Zone were definitely at the top of most influential albums of the mid-2000's, among others. Gwen Stefani's experimentation with Electro-Pop, Electro-clash, Rock, R&B, etc. really made a fantastic record.

Here is my top five (this was NOT easy since I love so many tracks):

"What You Waiting For?" (Amazing):

"Bubble Pop Electric" (Virality spoiled the surprise of this song for me, but it hasn't lost its charm at all)

"Crash" (Choosing between this and "Serious" wasn't easy lol)

"The Real Thing" (This Euro-Pop/Disco banger took me off guard)

"Danger Zone" (UH SHE ATEEEEE)

----

I already had a feeling this album would be good from the "Bubble Pop Electric" viral moment, but I was honestly blown away, especially by the second half of the album. Also I can definitely see how 2006 - 2007 Lady Gaga was inspired by Gwen Stefani from this.

he/him/his
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 3

Guillaume Hamon
40 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

Also I can definitely see how 2006 - 2007 Lady Gaga was inspired by Gwen Stefani from this.

I remember thinking even the weird voice she later made on the "bluffing with my muffin" part in Poker Face was quite Gwen-like back then.

River

Long Way To Go is a masterpiece, the sample of Martin Luther King is just mind blowing

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

skaxboy

This is one of my favorite albums ever. The era was so fun and campy. 

I remember her saying she was inspired by Debbie Deb’s “Lookout Weekend” and was ever supposed to sing it for the Harajuku Lovers tour. 

“Harajuku Girls” is one of my favorites because of how gaudy it is. I became obsessed with finding a Hysteric Glamour shirt and I did. The song also made me more open to checking out thrift stores because of the “Is it Comme Des Garcons, A Vivienne Westwood can't go wrong, Mixed up with second-hand clothes.” 

“Danger Zone” is such a good song and I related so much to it when things weren’t going to well with a previous relationship when we were in “the danger zone, what will happen next, we never know.” Gavin did her so wrong. 

Oddly enough, the song “Cool” was so helpful when getting over the same guy. Just seeing how much she loved Tony in the past but now they can be good friends. 

“The Real Thing” is so good! She would sing a toned down version as an encore for the Sweet Escape tour and at one show said she would sing it to baby Kingston as a lullaby. 

Try and check out the Harajuku Lovers Live tour. You can see how fun she is and how humbled she was that the album did as good as it did.

There are definitely some stand outs on Sweet Escape plus a few good songs on This Is What The Truth Feels Like, but Love.Angel.Music.Baby is her best solo album hands down. 

• Love 1

Reject False Icons

Do you do reactions on youtube or here? 

That album is an absolute pop delight :iamfair: it made me romanticize the year 2004 to an insane level, I really hope Gwen does something for it's 20th anniversary 

I only listened the singles but I read here that this album was a precursor for The Fame, since then I listened to it and started to grow a great obsession for it

What you waiting for is a timeless banger, Serious NEEDS to have its music video released, I miss this Gwen