💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Business Insider: Can Katy Perry make a comeback after 2 flop singles?

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Katy Perry released "Lifetimes," the second single from her new album "143."

The song isn't good enough to erase the tragic memory of "Woman's World."  Lifetimes" is essentially the same five lines repeated ad nauseam for three minutes and 12 seconds.

Outside Perry's core fan base, the general reaction has been akin to a shrug. While "Woman's World" dominated social-media discourse during its launch week, "Lifetimes" has failed to inspire much interest at all.

However, a PR expert said Perry's comeback is salvageable if her album sounds authentic and modern. 

As a crisis PR expert, Schiffer said he would advise Perry to evolve, reinvent her sound, and try to attract new, younger fans — instead of just trying to nostalgia-bait her millennial base. "It feels like she's still stuck in the past and she's got to modernize."

Schiffer said he'd also advise Perry to arrange a sit-down interview in order to "give context to some of her choices," particularly her decision to reunite with Dr. Luke. To win a Gen Z audience, he said, transparency and authenticity are key.

"There's work she's got to do, and it requires a greater level of emotional intelligence than has been applied to date," he said.

Despite the dire state of Perry's reputation, her career is not yet a lost cause. After all, we've seen artists like Ye and Morgan Wallen top the Billboard charts.

Cockroach of GGD
  • Like 2

HelloHangoverz
9 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Schiffer said he'd also advise Perry to arrange a sit-down interview in order to "give context to some of her choices," particularly her decision to reunite with Dr. Luke. To win a Gen Z audience, he said, transparency and authenticity are key.

omfg this would be historic and likely for all the wrong reasons. i hope it happens

sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place
  • LMAO 7
  • YAAAS 1

3 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

omfg this would be historic and likely for all the wrong reasons. i hope it happens

I mean, what she could say beside the truth (aka I don't give a f if he's a rapist as long as he can give me money and success)? That she hit her head and forgot all the tribunal events and thought Dr Puke was a cute person to collaborate with? That her daughter is starving and she had to made terrible choices just to give her some food? Or will she support the fake news that she had contracts obligation with him?😶‍🌫️

HelloHangoverz
1 minute ago, Scri said:

I mean, what she could say beside the truth (aka I don't give a f if he's a rapist as long as he can give me money and success)? That she hit her head and forgot all the tribunal events and thought Dr Puke was a cute person to collaborate with? That her daughter is starving and she had to made terrible choices just to give her some food? Or will she support the fake news that she had contracts obligation with him?😶‍🌫️

She will do neither, she'll just bury her head in the sand and fade into irrelevance.

1 minute ago, HelloHangoverz said:

She will do neither, she'll just bury her head in the sand and fade into irrelevance.

Yeah, I can't imagine a good way to get out from this situation, besides releasing some good new music in the future, cause people forget easily 

• Love 1

Plastic Flower
3 minutes ago, Scri said:

It's a lose-lose situation for her. She better let this era die quickly and clean her image next year. 

Drop it

Anderson123

I don't think Gen Z cares about Dr. Luke at all. The songs are just bad and generic and people have moved on from Katy Perry. What does she have to explain ? Lol

• Like 2

HelloHangoverz
Just now, Scri said:

Yeah, I can't imagine a good way to get out from this situation, besides releasing some good new music in the future, cause people forget easily 

She's really backed herself into a corner. I mean, in the court depo documents she literally says "I believe in innocent until proven guilty" or it was something like that. You can't do a sit down interview for Gen-Z and say that....they believe women. She's between a rock and a hard place

palma
24 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

"There's work she's got to do, and it requires a greater level of emotional intelligence than has been applied to date," he said.

Drag the sexy confident, so intelligent chanteuse :giveup:

Is there some reason my LG7 isn't here? Has she died or something?

jacs vs looser
9 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I don't think Gen Z cares about Dr. Luke at all. The songs are just bad and generic and people have moved on from Katy Perry. What does she have to explain ? Lol

Same. If I had to name all the reasons why her music is doing  so bad lately, Dr. Luke's involvement wouldn't be in my top 3.

• Like 3

Whigney Houstan

The GP doesn't care about Dr. Luke.  The tracks sound dated.

KevinWright

The 143 era will flop. That's for sure. She needs to release another album ASAP! In 2025 or early 2026. If she takes another long break she will be forgotten for sure.

Plastic Flower
26 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I'd agree but we grew up with her music + Kesha as well, so anyone of us following pop music knows. If what you mean is Gen Alpha, sure, they don't even know who she is, they're too busy with K-Pop.

Edited by Plastic Flower
Drop it