💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Charli xcx becomes the 1st British artist to reach #1 in the UK this year

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Today, Charli xcx and Billie Eilish debut at Number 1 on the Official Singles Chart with their Guess remix. 

Guess becomes Charli’s second UK Number 1 single, and first as a lead artist. She originally topped the charts in 2012 as the feature on Icona Pop’s I Love It, the track that helped kickstart her career. Charli also becomes the first British artist to reach Number 1 in 2024. 

Cockroach of GGD
  • YAAAS 6
  • Love 6
  • Shook 1

thatfoxyfeeling

That's wild considering it's August, the payola on Spotify is really noticeable now meaning it's harder for local artists in their countries to chart. US artists have labels that can afford to push them on playlists etc. Australia chart is literally just overseas artists. 

• Like 6

Kelly Atlantic

Guess remix made me wanna get w Billie sooo badddd and Brat is the second coming :kiss:

SlaeUrAnus

Personally, I think it’s ridiculous it took half a year for a British artist to top their own chart :triggered:

In my messy era.
  • Thanks 1

RAMROD

Bumpin that :music:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ sausage so good! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1

KevinWright
9 minutes ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

That's wild considering it's August, the payola on Spotify is really noticeable now meaning it's harder for local artists in their countries to chart. US artists have labels that can afford to push them on playlists etc. Australia chart is literally just overseas artists. 

Streaming on the one side it helps small artists to achive success cause they don't need a major label to promote them, but on the other side it it was you said... it's getting harder for local artist to be #1. And it's not happening only in Britain but in many other places as well for example Australia

Teletubby
26 minutes ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

That's wild considering it's August, the payola on Spotify is really noticeable now meaning it's harder for local artists in their countries to chart. US artists have labels that can afford to push them on playlists etc.

Dua Lipa had payola, physical copies, etc. and still couldn't reach #1 in the UK. payola won't turn a song into a hit, GP still has to want to listen to it.

Cockroach of GGD

Bronco
16 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Dua Lipa had payola, physical copies, etc. and still couldn't reach #1 in the UK. payola won't turn a song into a hit, GP still has to want to listen to it.

And besides Dua I can't think of a single big british act that's released this year

King of the Fall

Brat has been such a great era for Charli, seems like it has really increased her profile and she has not needed to compromise her sound to achieve it

He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 2

DopeEnigma
4 hours ago, Teletubby said:

Today, Charli xcx and Billie Eilish debut at Number 1 on the Official Singles Chart with their Guess remix. 

Guess becomes Charli’s second UK Number 1 single, and first as a lead artist. She originally topped the charts in 2012 as the feature on Icona Pop’s I Love It, the track that helped kickstart her career. Charli also becomes the first British artist to reach Number 1 in 2024. 

I’m thrilled for her, she’s been working so hard for years and the music has been fantastic, she deserves the recognition, happy for her ❤️