Featured Posts

julz
5 minutes ago, Real Panda said:

I wish this was Gaga's slot and she performed a new song. :kry:

Same...and in a stadium

• Thanks 2

alsemanche
34 minutes ago, Sorcerer said:

She'll perform along with Snoop Dogg and Red Hot Chili Peppers during the LA 2028 segment. Understandable since they're all from LA.

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/billie-eilish-snoop-dogg-red-hot-chili-peppers-olympics-closing-ceremony-1236101153/

Snoop Dogg more invovled in these Olympics than Macron himself :ladyhaha:

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • LMAO 2

Teletubby

All three artists will be seen from Los Angeles in a mix of pre-taped and live performances variety

Cockroach of GGD
  • Like 1

Aussie

So much for French pride! No major French acts to do the honours? Or is Billie there because LA is next for Olympics?

CautiousLurker

She's obviously performing Alors on danse, the frenchest song that ever frenched :vegas:

• YAAAS 1

Sorcerer
57 minutes ago, Aussie said:

So much for French pride! No major French acts to do the honours? Or is Billie there because LA is next for Olympics?

There's always a segment for the next host in every Closing Ceremony. Billie is from LA so it makes sense.

I'm sure there will be a lot of French musicians in the main program.

SimonBaetens
2 hours ago, CautiousLurker said:

She's obviously performing Alors on danse, the frenchest song that ever frenched :vegas:

It’s Belgian

when you're lonely, I'll be lonely too

RAMROD

It is exciting for Billie and more LA based artists & bands that I've heard will be performing there, but also dissatisfying how France doesn't have much to offer with their ceremonies, so deficit of globally popular local talents they had to give it to American artistes. Like, look how many iconic pop culture things London had presented from old to new. :franminervini:

Can't France even attempt at persuading Daft Punk to reunite for this event? :littlepotter:

Them and Guetta alone will be enough honestly.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ sausage so good! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Thanks 1

alsemanche
17 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

It is exciting for Billie and more LA based artists & bands that I've heard will be performing there, but also dissatisfying how France doesn't have much to offer with their ceremonies, so deficit of globally popular local talents they had to give it to American artistes. Like, look how many iconic pop culture things London had presented from old to new. :franminervini:

Can't France even attempt at persuading Daft Punk to reunite for this event? :littlepotter:

Them and Guetta alone will be enough honestly.

They're gonna be part of the handover section of the closing ceremony because the next Olympics are taking place in LA. The opening ceremony had plenty of french artists and french culture showcased (Gaga being an exception, Celine Dion is very french adjacent so doesn't really count). They're not 'giving it' to anyone, they showcased Aya Nakamura and Gojira and big French drag queens among others and we have no idea what they have planned for the closing. 

Edited by alsemanche
Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 1

Mother of Puppies

Will she perform „Guess“? :poot:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹