Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

15 years on and Gaga still generating hype over 10 second snippets.

Starmie25

Featured Posts

Starmie25

It's kind of wild that Gaga is still able to achieve this type of excitement with her music 15 years on. Keep in mind this all went down within an hour after that story post at a random hotel too. 🤫

Fans joke about her status in the game (FAD, HAGGA) sadly, but this really does prove she's going to be around in way or another for decades - Joker2, Chromatica Ball, LG7, Olympics, Vegas, Bloody Mary, Space maybe etc

Put some respect on Gaga aka the chameleon from Chromatica Street! 

crimson lightning GIF

Edited by Starmie25
  • YAAAS 12
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

Onlygaga

It’s time to face the facts, Gaga is legendary like MJ, Prince, Madonna, etc. I guarantee years after we’re all gone her status will remain the same if not even more elevated! 

• Like 12
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5

Didymus
2 hours ago, Onlygaga said:

It’s time to face the facts, Gaga is legendary like MJ, Prince, Madonna, etc.

Why do so many LMs seem unable to enjoy Gaga's career without these unnecessary delusions of grandeur? :icant: It was cool to hope for this in 2010 but now it's just embarrassing. Not even Beyoncé will be respected on that level.

• Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 2

A Very Gaga Holida
2 hours ago, Didymus said:

Why do so many LMs seem unable to enjoy Gaga's career without these unnecessary delusions of grandeur? :icant: It was cool to hope for this in 2010 but now it's just embarrassing. Not even Beyoncé will be respected on that level.

True and not true at the same time, I mean, career wise MJ and Madonna were extremely lucky to live in their time, it’s always easy to say sh*t like this about new artists when they debut decades after the golden age, and that’s true for many things actually, not just music

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sneaky Oliver
3 hours ago, Didymus said:

I think both of them will be appreciated at that level but it just feels different now because of the time we’re living in. They are some of the biggest stars from past and current generation, so it’s not too far fetched or delusional imo, the Madonna or MJ level of fame and worship just doesn’t exist anymore 

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden
  • Thanks 1

OliviaRodrigoStan

I don't think it's wild at all. If you were around during her peak, you know she worked like NO ONE ELSE, to create this fanbase. 

When GaGaDaily started, it was mostly a fashion blog, and it was updated daily, because she was giving us DAILY content. If it wasn't an interview, it was a new single, if it wasn't a new single, it was a live performance, if it wasn't a performance it was a crazy tweet, if it wasn't a tweet, it was an outlandish look for the paparazzis, etc. 

We would get daily updates in a literal way, because she would not stop crafting her public persona. She worked EXTREMELY hard, every single day, for years, non stop, during her peak, to cultivate the fanbase she currectly has. 

Is not just talent. She worked her ass off into legend status. She will be remembered in the same way Michael Jackson is, rest assure, but none of it is accidental. 

She worked like nobody else to get there. That's why I'm ok with her taking longer breaks from music. What she was doing secured her legacy as a legend, but was not sustainable, it was driving her crazy. 

But, is not surprising at all to me. She worked very, very hard, to have an audience that would still be there, 15 years after her debut. 

HEART OF EVER-FROST
  • Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 2

A Very Gaga Holida
20 minutes ago, Jigglygoth said:

I don't think it's wild at all. If you were around during her peak, you know she worked like NO ONE ELSE, to create this fanbase. 

When GaGaDaily started, it was mostly a fashion blog, and it was updated daily, because she was giving us DAILY content. If it wasn't an interview, it was a new single, if it wasn't a new single, it was a live performance, if it wasn't a performance it was a crazy tweet, if it wasn't a tweet, it was an outlandish look for the paparazzis, etc. 

We would get daily updates in a literal way, because she would not stop crafting her public persona. She worked EXTREMELY hard, every single day, for years, non stop, during her peak, to cultivate the fanbase she currectly has. 

Is not just talent. She worked her ass off into legend status. She will be remembered in the same way Michael Jackson is, rest assure, but none of it is accidental. 

She worked like nobody else to get there. That's why I'm ok with her taking longer breaks from music. What she was doing secured her legacy as a legend, but was not sustainable, it was driving her crazy. 

But, is not surprising at all to me. She worked very, very hard, to have an audience that would still be there, 15 years after her debut. 

Even her time in a wheelchair was more entertaining then today’s pop eras :wtfga:

• Like 4
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

Onlygaga
9 hours ago, Didymus said:

Girl, I would enjoy Gaga’s career if she only sold one album worldwide. I’m stating facts literally no current main pop girly is doing what she did, nor will they ever. The meat dress happened 14 years ago and people still bring it up. People who dress up as Gaga for halloween still use the hair bow, disco stick, long platinum hair, etc. I could not care less if she is successful, she’s an icon. Shallow is the most awarded song in history that’s definitely going live on longer than any of us including Gaga. Only thing embarrassing here is stanning someone and not acknowledging their accolades, icon status, and overall success. :madge:

Edited by Onlygaga
  • Like 4

Controversiaga

I feel like the hype around this particular moment lasted 20 mins - one day max , and after the small number of us monsters who heard it r like “ok cool idk exactly what i just heard but stop playing around and make an official announcement already . Give us a release date” and then we all went back to sleep idk 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

Didymus
54 minutes ago, Onlygaga said:

Girl, I would enjoy Gaga’s career if she only sold one album worldwide. I’m stating facts literally no current main pop girly is doing what she did, nor will they ever. The meat dress happened 14 years ago and people still bring it up. People who dress up as Gaga for halloween still use the hair bow, disco stick, long platinum hair, etc. I could not care less if she is successful, she’s an icon. Shallow is the most awarded song in history that’s definitely going live on longer than any of us including Gaga. Only thing embarrassing here is stanning someone and not acknowledging their accolades, icon status, and overall success. :madge:

So we went from "MJ/Prince/Madonna level icon" to "people mention the meat dress and dress up as her for Halloween". Says it all, doesn't it?

I'll celebrate and acknowledge her actual accolades, not unnecessarily inflated ones.

• LMAO 1

Onlygaga
15 minutes ago, Didymus said:

So we went from "MJ/Prince/Madonna level icon" to "people mention the meat dress and dress up as her for Halloween". Says it all, doesn't it?

I'll celebrate and acknowledge her actual accolades, not unnecessarily inflated ones.

So the people that know Michael from his glove, Madonna for her blonde hair and mole, prince for his symbol and association with the color purple, don’t count? All those things are iconic and very recognizable. If you would ask any person the question “who wore a dress made of raw meat?”  they would instantly be able to tell you that it was Lady Gaga. Legend is defined as: “an extremely famous or notorious person, especially in a particular field.“ is Gaga extremely popular? Yes. Is Gaga popular in a particular field? Also, yes. Quite a few, actually. My point is, Gaga will be remembered just as well as the other legends before her. I don’t know why that struck a nerve for you, but it’s facts. 

Edited by Onlygaga
  • Like 1

OliviaRodrigoStan
11 hours ago, Didymus said:

What you are underestimating is how impressive her career is, and how massive the height of her peak was. Lady Gaga changed culture, on a global scale. 

In the same way Madonna made it cool and acceptable to be an openly sexual woman in the 80s, and changed the narrative around how women are allowed to present themselves in media, Lady Gaga made it cool to be weird, and different. Her music videos were cultural events, they were discussed IN THE NEWS, around the globe. 

Her work ignited political discourse, and changed the way in which queerness was perceived in mainstream media. There was an actual, noticeable cultural shift after her debut, and each and every single pop star, took notice. 

She had a cultural impact, on a global scale, that nobody else, after Madonna, had. If you were to make a movie about her life, you wouldn't have enough time to include most of the highlights in her career. 

Dominating the Pop landscape in the '10s with a retro, drag-queen inspired aesthetic and a predominantly queer audience, and then performing the national anthem at the Superbowl for a much more conservative crowd, to later perform a critically acclaimed halftime show at that same event the next year. Leading a successful Horror TV show for an alternative audience, and then starring on a romantic film that will bring her an Oscar, for a feminine demographic. 

Her critically acclaimed Oscar performance, her jaw-dropping MTV "Paparazzi" interpretation, her unexpected success in the Jazz world, her incredibly successful world tours, number 1 hits, acting awards, grammys, etc, I'm sorry, but it is too much to reduce it to "fan-delusions of grandeur". Lady Gaga is not even my favorite artist, Tarja Turunen is. 

But objectively, nobody else, besides Madonna and Michael Jackson, has the career that Lady Gaga has. There is no other pop star besides those two, who had the same level of consistent commercial and critical success, with the cultural impact that she had. 

And she is, 15 years into her career, about to release a film for a completely different demographic, and it is, once again, aiming to become another highlight in her career, early critics for "Follie A Deux" are very positive. It isn't delusion, or "stan blindness". 

Objectively, the rest of her peers would need another life to catch up. And she's working on a new album, which is likely to debut at #1, again. Her actual accolades are too many, and her peaks are too high, for the rest to even compare. 

She is on a different level. And I'm not even the kind of "stan" that blindly praises everything she does. 

I didn't like "Joanne", never bothered watching "A Star Is Born" because I don't like romantic films, and streamed very little of "Chromatica", as I don't like Bloodpop's style. I am most likely to hate "Follie A Deux", because I hated the first "Joker" film. 

But to deny her status as a legend is naivety. She is on a different league. 

EDIT: @Didymus babes, you can just say that you're mad because your actual fave is not that girl and move on :ladyhaha:. Your favorite pop girlie doesn't have it, she probably doesn't write her own music, she'll never get an oscar, she'll never be cast for a serious role on a dramatic film, she's just not it, and that's ok, there's no need to fume :kara:. 

I bet she does have a couple bops, so you have that :ororomunroe:

Edited by Jigglygoth
HEART OF EVER-FROST
  • LMAO 1