Gaga's Tour Demands

Quran

Featured Posts

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Queen Gloria

Someone needs to learn how to spell

I have a dumb question. What does [sic] mean?

It means the article is quoting how it was originally spelled by the person who wrote it, they didn't change the spelling to be proper.

Tommymonster44

I work with people in entertainment all the time (nothing glamorous, just as a production assistant) and this really isn't so out of the ordinary. When your job means you're in the spotlight constantly and have a million things to do every single day, it takes all your time and energy. For people like Gaga especially who are on the road all the time, there's no true "day off" except once in a blue moon. So they have to make their working environment as comfortable as possible to not go insane. Just like we all have our favorite comforts that make us feel at home and at ease (the way we decorate our rooms/apartments/houses, our favorite foods, etc), so do celebrities.

That SPIN Magazine article calling Gaga's rider "obnoxious" is more obnoxious than what they're writing about. People writing for SPIN should have some general concept of the entertainment industry, particularly the music industry and should know better than to think that a tour rider like that is anything ridiculous. Some of her requests are strange, yeah, but so what. Ugh, I don't want to respond to the negativity but it's just getting so tiresome with people constantly bashing on Gaga. :grr:

Thank you for your perspective on the situation, and I totally agree.

The media is making a big deal out of her odd requests. But Gaga is constantly working, doesn't have a home, and is rich. These things definitely aren't that out of the ordinary. I mean we all have our own weird quirks in our processions and schedule just because of preference and the way we do things. For instance, I have to make my bed up properly (with hospital tucks, throw pillows, and everything) in the morning because I can't get comfortable working later without it done like this. For some reason I do a lot of certain types of work on my bed. I also set out certain things like a glass of water, a notebook, a rosary, and sticky notes out on my headboard before I go to bed. If I was rich and always busy, I would pay to have people do these things for me in a heartbeat.

I'm sure all of us have these weird little things we do to make us comfortable.

ChicaSkas

agreed!

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Chamomile tea :legend: to be honest, if I was rich as her, I'd want at least three times more things than her :derpga:

She has very basic, yet specific requests. Just because the list is long doesnt mean she's too high maintenance. I find it reasonable, and it could be worse...way way worse.

this.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived