Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
politics

Harris' VP pick is a sitting governor


LateToCult

Featured Posts

LibraLove
Just now, phantasmas said:

ok and for those who dont? 

Look up his/their platform? They ran together on the same platform and have been legislating on the same platform. Her campaign is based around the successes the administration has seen and building off of that while also distancing herself from the failures/negatives.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ronk

@LibraLove  I understand the reasoning, but I still think he would have given Harris the best chance of winning.  I know it's a terrible trade-off, but the most important thing to stop Trump.

I live outside the space time continuum.
Link to post
Share on other sites

phantasmas
Just now, LibraLove said:

Look up his/their platform? They ran together on the same platform and have been legislating on the same platform. Her campaign is based around the successes the administration has seen and building off of that while also distancing herself from the failures/negatives.

i literally just did and all i could find are mugs and stickers :selena:

i edited my previous comment btw to clarify i was coming from a communications and accessibility standpoint 

maybe theyre waiting for the DNC next week to update the website idk but seems like that shouldve been taken care of sooner

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bronco
46 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

It’s Shapiro. Idk why I let myself fall into the “who could it be?” trap. It’s always been Shapiro. PA is the most important state in the electoral college this election cycle. Plus a rally in Philly? I’m Boo Boo the Fool yet again. :flop:

Its Beshear, he's the only one with increased security provision. 

Now we know the pick is a governor, that 100% confirms the additional secret service protection is because he's the pick

The gays know how to party
Link to post
Share on other sites

SpadesToStart

I don’t know that this is an indication the decision has been made. It’s probably just a smart warning considering most of the options are sitting governors, and the decision is coming very soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

LibraLove
8 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

Newsom is also a governor 

Constitution says that a Pres and VP nominee/elected can not be from the same state. He'll be a frontrunner for 2028 if this all goes south.

Link to post
Share on other sites

LibraLove
6 minutes ago, Ronk said:

@LibraLove  I understand the reasoning, but I still think he would have given Harris the best chance of winning.  I know it's a terrible trade-off, but the most important thing to stop Trump.

I think they looked at the risk associated with him vacating the seat and it outweighed the benefits that others could bring to the ticket. The Republicans would absolutely use that possible race as "retribution" if Harris wins and pour money into the race to stop any Democratic agenda items.

Link to post
Share on other sites

LibraLove
8 minutes ago, phantasmas said:

i literally just did and all i could find are mugs and stickers :selena:

i edited my previous comment btw to clarify i was coming from a communications and accessibility standpoint 

maybe theyre waiting for the DNC next week to update the website idk but seems like that shouldve been taken care of sooner

 

The campaign just started. Typically they don't roll out policy for a couple of weeks. But, it should be expected that she will continue much of the Biden Admin's policy with minor tweaks.

You can also look at the DNC website for the platform. This will also be tweaked at the convention, because that is where they vote on the platform issues and certify it. So, yes, it will not really be firmed up until after the convention, but I do not expect it to drastically change.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ronk
10 minutes ago, LibraLove said:

I think they looked at the risk associated with him vacating the seat and it outweighed the benefits that others could bring to the ticket. The Republicans would absolutely use that possible race as "retribution" if Harris wins and pour money into the race to stop any Democratic agenda items.

I guess I'm just overly worried. 

I live outside the space time continuum.
Link to post
Share on other sites

LibraLove
11 minutes ago, hieronymus said:

"Most important state in the electorate" isn't going to matter if a giant chunk of the country who's anti-zionist loses interest in her.

If Shapiro is her running-mate she just started away most of her momentum, and now we're fúcking clamoring to make it right again.

I agree with this. I am 90% sure it's Beshear as a reliable friend in DC has said it is plus he has received additional security in the recent days. In the chance it is not, I don't see Shapiro being the second option. He has not caught on in the media like someone like Gov Walz has who has a very approachable and agreeable message and hits hard on the Republicans, and I think they are very aware of his positions on Israel and Gaza and previous statements on protests and they know it will dampen the energy they are receiving from 18-35 year olds.

Beshear is a safe pick. He is young and popular in Democratic circles. He is term limited. His Lt Gov is a Democrat who will take over for him. He has that Southern/Appalachian background and appeal that can rival the bs Vance tries to put on while also having proximity to the Rust Belt. He is also a Democrat who has been elected several times in a Red, Southern state.

Link to post
Share on other sites

StarstruckIllusion

Thank god

the idiotic “ooooh he’s an astronaut” discourse can end 😭 

1 hour ago, atemybrain said:

It’s going to be Shapiro because they want to secure PA. 

I think they ALL can secure PA

ibv05w8jou141.jpg

1 hour ago, AnglerfishbraBENUS said:

i mean it better be. That’s a pretty handsome and fabulous addition to any ticket let alone hers. ESPECIALLY compared to … the other option. 

Gays stop voting w their ****: impossįblé :messga:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Edonis

doesn't shapiro have assault allegations? :air:

that he settled out of court for? :air:

Link to post
Share on other sites

REALITY

Please be Beshear or Walz.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔞𝔴𝔞𝔶 𝔦𝔱𝔰 𝔪𝔞𝔰𝔨 𝔞𝔫𝔡...𝔦𝔱𝔰 𝔣𝔞𝔠𝔢 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔢.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...