💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy Perry announces new single, “Lifetimes,” out August 9th

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby
4 minutes ago, King of the Fall said:

I disagree that working with him is the worst problem, he had some success collaborating with other artists recently.

his last no. 1  was 2 years ago with Nicki Minaj but she is a rapper. He hasn't had any hits with pop artists in years. his last no. 1 with pop singer was Katy's "Dark Horse". he even moved away from working with pop singers, because he knew that pop audience won't give him a pass and that's why he started working with female rappers (Doja, Latto, Nicki, Saweetie...).

Cockroach of GGD

Anderson123
1 hour ago, NATAH said:

god, hearing the snippet of this song after the LG7 stuff just highlights how artisticly dry and stale she is... no boldness, no nerve, no edge, no risk, just flatlined dance pop on life support

She has always been the most basic of the popstars. I don't understand the gays' obsession with Teenage Dream calling it a pop bible just because of the #1s. They were able to achieve that but it's still a very generic pop album.

As for her new album, Woman's World was floating around A MONTH before the release date, can't believe she still went ahead with plans as lead single. Or maybe she did learn and quickly recorded a new video for Lifetime instead of waiting a closer date to the album in Sept. There's probably gonna be a third one around that time I guess.

• Like 4

plane jane
5 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

She has always been the most basic of the popstars. I don't understand the gays' obsession with Teenage Dream calling it a pop bible just because of the #1s. They were able to achieve that but it's still a very generic pop album.

spill… 

• Love 1

robotvoiceinalice
11 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

As for her new album, Woman's World was floating around A MONTH before the release date, can't believe she still went ahead with plans as lead single. Or maybe she did learn and quickly recorded a new video for Lifetime instead of waiting a closer date to the album in Sept. There's probably gonna be a third one around that time I guess.

No because lets not disrespect her. It was full of timeless classics that sound really good and still slaps to this day. It might not be the most experimental thing out there but you can't deny how good the music she made back then was 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

gemein3

LIFETIMES before she acknowledges her partnership with Dr. Luke. 

If you’re going to work with him Katherine, then explain to us WHY? 

Like wtf, that would get more press than rushing these try-hard, been there done that, please make me relevant, songs. 

NATAH
16 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

honestly, her albums have always been very mediocre, i never understood the TD hype either!

mother, what must i do?

NATAH
3 minutes ago, robotvoiceinalice said:

No because lets not disrespect her. It was full of timeless classics that sound really good and still slaps to this day. It might not be the most experimental thing out there but you can't deny how good the music she made back then was 

some of the singles might but the album as a whole is... not good

mother, what must i do?

Dawson
1 minute ago, NATAH said:

some of the singles might but the album as a whole is... not good

Most pop albums are held together by their singles though with bits of filler. I can’t stand Kathryn but TD was a great package with a lot of heavy hitter singles 

Bronco
2 hours ago, Edu said:

but kuddos to her for not giving up

many mpgs would literally cancel an entire era after such a disastrous reception to the lead single

Not sure she has a choice given the physical media seems to have been pre-ordered prior to the first single release. They definitely had signifcantly higher expectations. 

If this single flops I'll be surprised if they even invest in a tour for her.

• Thanks 1

Lucas

August 9th is my birthday and there's always a tragedy happening on this date, I guess this is the first one

Edited by Lucas
  • LMAO 4