Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy Perry announces new single, “Lifetimes,” out August 9th

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Just A Holy Fool

Why does the cover literally look like her hand is dripping in sea-men? 

• LMAO 2

Lara Croft
7 minutes ago, Just A Holy Fool said:

Why does the cover literally look like her hand is dripping in sea-men? 

That’s not even the worst of it, there’s a promo photo of her covered in slime and it genuinely looks like a straight guys wet dream :sick:

Edited by Lara Croft
  • LMAO 2

HelloHangoverz
1 minute ago, Lara Croft said:

That’s not even the worst of it, there’s a promo photo of her covered in slime and it genuinely looks like a straight guys wet dream :sick:

I think it's supposed to be giving the primordial ooze out of which she's rebirthing back into "katy perry" but it's giving "college dorm pre-cum" lmao

sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place
  • LMAO 3

Lara Croft
Just now, HelloHangoverz said:

I think it's supposed to be giving the primordial ooze out of which she's rebirthing back into "katy perry" but it's giving "college dorm pre-cum" lmao

Omg :air:

• LMAO 1

Just A Holy Fool
10 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

music video GIF by Katy PerryShe is just One of the Boys…

• LMAO 1

FreedomInTheMusic
5 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I predicted it, she was filming that video just after WW in order to put out the new single asap. Putting it out so soon after an embarrassing flop might actually worsen its case. Crazy how, after how her last 2 albums turned out that she was allowed to announce the album name, cover, release date, several track titles and the pre-order. The first single should've just been released, see how it goes and proceed according to the reception of it (pushing on with an album roll-out if successful, degrade it to a buzz single, announce a new lead and re-work the album if not). I don't know where the confidence to roll this out like she was as big as Taylor, Ariana, Gaga, Adele or Beyonce was a huge lapse of judgement.

In this day and age, it’s hard to have a long promo cycle. Everything moves so much faster than it did even 10 years ago. It’s really hard to build momentum and sustain it for a long time, so you’re seeing albums go from announced and released in a roughly 6 week timeframe. Combine that with the fact that vinyl production, MV production, and press cycle scheduling are fairly intensive and lengthy processes, it’s actually very hard to pivot an era based on the feedback from an initial single. Unfortunately, there simply is no time to fix the fundamental errors in judgement that are baked into this era.

Even so, I do think it’s probably catching her label and her by surprise that the backlash has been so severe. While the Dr. Luke backlash should have been seen ahead of time (and truly is a fatal mistake), I’d argue that Katy has always been somewhat basic. Woman’s World isn’t all that different than a lot of her other music, and I’m sure everyone in her camp assumed that she would be able to at least ride out the era with the support of her fans that have been willing to happily listen to this sort of music for a while. The fact that almost everyone is abandoning her is shocking, even if you think it’s deserved. I can only imagine her team is hoping for a tiktok dance hit to pull this era out of the dumpster, but based on what they’ve made for Lifetimes already, that ship has sailed. This is already seeming like a staggering failure for Katy, her team, and her label

Brizel

Even if it’s a slight bop, it’s not a nice move to do a whole album with someone who your fellow pop star has serious sexual allegations against. Very icky and doesn’t deserve to be a hit for these reasons. 

BULATIO
11 hours ago, Bronco said:

If this single flops I'll be surprised if they even invest in a tour for her.

she'll definitely have problems with ticket sales... :fatcat:

It looks like holding album logo on palm and dripping pleghm on album cover are the thing now 👀

artwork-440x440.jpg

FB-IMG-1722324219928.jpg

image-2-for-editorial-pics-24-10-2011-ga

ᴸᵒᵒᵏ, ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ ˢᵗᵃʳᵗˢ ᵗᵒ ᵈⁱˢᵃᵖᵖᵉᵃʳ “ᶠⁱⁿᵈ ᵐᵉ”, ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒⁿᵉ ˢᶜʳᵉᵃᵐˢ ᵒᵘᵗ.