💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Adele announces “Lucky Dip” tickets for her shows

Teletubby

Featured Posts

I still don't understand 1. why Germany 2. why Munich, out of all cities in Germany. But then again Gaga kicked off TCB in Dusseldorf, out of all cities in Germany, so whatever...

Jack2102
19 minutes ago, TAlx said:

I still don't understand 1. why Germany 2. why Munich, out of all cities in Germany. But then again Gaga kicked off TCB in Dusseldorf, out of all cities in Germany, so whatever...

I think it’s quite sophisticated and more environmentally friendly to put together a big stage production. This could be the blueprint for the future if it all goes to plan.

18 minutes ago, Jack2102 said:

I think it’s quite sophisticated and more environmentally friendly to put together a big stage production. This could be the blueprint for the future if it all goes to plan.

I get that, and I agree, but then it could've been put together somewhere else where she would've had more fans? And then if she / her management insisted on Germany, then I don't get why it had to be Munich. The only reason I can think of is that Munich has probably the best connected airport in continental Europe, but besides that, idk. I live in Berlin and I would've guessed she would've been just fine performing at the Mercedes Benz Arena here, with possibly a higher attendance, given it's a capital.

Teletubby
3 minutes ago, TAlx said:

I get that, and I agree, but then it could've been put together somewhere else where she would've had more fans? And then if she / her management insisted on Germany, then I don't get why it had to be Munich. The only reason I can think of is that Munich has probably the best connected airport in continental Europe, but besides that, idk. I live in Berlin and I would've guessed she would've been just fine performing at the Mercedes Benz Arena here, with possibly a higher attendance, given it's a capital.

probably because Munich is closer for fans from Switzerland, Austria, Italy, France than Berlin

Cockroach of GGD
  • Thanks 1

Economy
2 hours ago, TAlx said:

I think people tend to underestimate how complicated this stuff can be logistically.

You have to make ur tour plans and dates based on what venues are available and when. And u wanna try to selected dates that allow u to travel in a general part of the globe in sequence not a constant back and fourth spaguetti route on a plane so that may force some compromises at times.

It may be that Munich or Rosseldorf simply was easier for reasons unknown to us :shrug:

Edited by Economy

Jack2102

Me thinking if there was a bid for the host city like the Olympics :laughga:

1 hour ago, TAlx said:

I guess they were looking for a suitable piece of land to do something outside of the box. Mercedes Benz arena wouldn't be able to build a stage that size. 

Speaking of her stage, I feel it will be ‘too big’. :messga: This is not something I normally complain about, but it is very questionable for Adele. 

Schizophonic
1 hour ago, TAlx said:

i dont think that this is how it worked.... the location was the starting point of that project. some company wanted to "build" an concert location custumized for certain events on that free ground in munich. then they offered some artists the possibility to do a residency for a period of time there. 

it will be impossible to book a location like mercedes benz arena for a full month (unless u book 10 years ahead) and its extremly expensive not to use it everyday then. 

if you play only 10 shows in a month, you would have to pay the arena for the other 20 days of the month as well because nobody else could use/rent it. or build and deconstruct the stage for every off day, wich would be pretty expensive to. 

so they rent a free area and build a location there insead of renting a arena. 

and munich is a pretty good spot because its easy to get there from south europe and all the other countries big artists usually dont play in (for example hungary) but also reachable from london and berlin easy as well.. 

i think it was rumors about depeche mode or u2 or some band like that to have this residency in munich first but now its adele