Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Robert Downey Jr will star as Doctor Doom in ‘AVENGERS: DOOMSDAY’

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

gagzus

For people who don’t know the 2015 comic this is gonna be based off of, most of Doom’s followers (his advisors, his army etc) were all variants of characters who are famous in the MCU- his right hand advisor was a Dr Strange variant, his army was made up of an entire army of Thor variants… it makes perfect sense since EVERYONE is gonna be practically a variant in Secret Wars/Doomsday to have RDJ play him as an Ironman variant. He’s basically what would’ve happened had Tony got his suit of armour around the world (Doom bots) and had he stayed for Pro Registration and an egotist. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Reality

4 hours ago, killme89 said:

Bringing in same directors has nothing to do with the conversation

You don't have to lecture me about comic book movies and stories. Trust me, I've been a long-time comic book fan for most of my life.

This is simply untrue. Marvel's bringing the Russo brothers back because they're not in a strong place right now. Since Endgame, the MCU's been very hit or miss. Personally, I've loved most of the content, but many people haven't. They're bringing them, McFeely, and RDJ back because they're some of the most successful creatives in the MCU's hayday.

We had the same director for all doctor strange , we had the same directors for all spider man films.

Sam Raimi directed Multiverse of Madness and Scott Derrickson directed the first Doctor Strange movie. But yes, Jon Watts directed all 3 Tom Holland/Spider-Man films, but that's because it was a trilogy. It makes sense to have the same director do all 3 movies. Btw, I'm not mad about the Russo brothers or McFeely returning. I think that's great. I have a problem with RDJ's casting specifically.

And besides what’s this obsession with what is safe and what is risky, this is marvel Disney not A24 or NEON. Besides if argue that phase 4 was the most experimental out of all the phases and everyone hated it so. Eternals was so good and look how under appreciated it is. 

I loved Eternals. I liked Marvel's more "experimental" stuff in general, but I'm afraid that Marvel's learning the wrong lessons from everyone who just wants to revert to stuff from Phases 1-3. I would rather the MCU evolve, but some people don't want that. This feels like pandering to fans who have been mad at Marvel for the past couple of years, so they're just like "Ok, we'll give you RDJ because we know you love him and we'll make him Doom because he's one of the most anticipated Marvel characters." And that's not, in my opinion, what the MCU should do. I don't want to regress and bring back old actors just because some new things aren't working.

All that being said, I'm reserving my full judgment until we know more about the film. This is all just how I feel at this current moment in time. My opinions might change as we get closer to Doomsday's release date.

Edited by Reality
🃏🖤👹
  • Like 1

River

Phase 4 was messy because disney wanted content for d+ as fast as possible.

There was no quality control in many productions, deadlines were crazy especially for the FX studios.

It’s shocking that the mcu even survived it..

anywya I just want Children's Crusade adaption and wanda saying no more mutants 😭

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

RAMROD
1 minute ago, Sunny said:

chop-stan-twitter.gif

People still watch these movies...?

gurll, the new MCU addition ,Deadpool & Wolverine, just hits $420+Millions on opening week, aka becoming the highest grossing R-rated movies ever. Superhero flicks won't go anytime soon :icant:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ WUMBOLOGY! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Emigrante

Wasn’t he an Iron Man? How does it work exactly? The same actor playing different character or is it different universe?

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Sunny
8 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

gurll, the new MCU addition ,Deadpool & Wolverine, just hits $420+Millions on opening week, aka becoming the highest grossing R-rated movies ever. Superhero flicks won't go anytime soon :icant:

Sadly.... The millennials love those movies too much

I like dancin', and ponies....