86 members have voted

1. 1. title.

• Yassss!
    • Nooo..

Featured Posts

pachinko
5 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

The title comes and goes.

Madonna is probably the one who hold it for the longest time ever but it's been Taylor for years now if we're honestly look at her achievements.

Pls never compare Madonna to Taylor ever again. Madonna’s cultural impact destroys Taylor’s achievements. 

• Thanks 2

Lucas

People saying no just have no idea about her discography, who she is and what she has done

• Thanks 1

Economy

Depends how u measure it.

In terms of pure commercial success Taylor Swift has surpassed her tbh. Shes surpassed most of her major records with the exeption of albums sold

In terms of total actual impact I say its still Madonna

Taylor may be huge commercially but she is the definition of sell out and cheap tactics to inflate sales not to mention super generic

• Like 1

Guillaume Hamon
13 minutes ago, pachinko said:

Pls never compare Madonna to Taylor ever again. Madonna’s cultural impact destroys Taylor’s achievements. 

Is it that much of a topic? Many seem tensed when it's just a light discussion to me. 😆 

I was talking in term of success for this generation cause it's what would give one the title atm imo. Not talking about cultural impact

• Like 1

FreedomInTheMusic

A lot of pop fans give themselves heartburn trying to define a singular Queen or King of Pop. I prefer to think of tiers and echelons. Madonna certainly is a top tier Pop Icon, but she doesn’t sit in that category alone, and thank god she doesn’t. The world is too big and humans are too creative to allow one person to solely define what excellence looks like. 

crazygato

I admire Madonna in that she still makes pop music and doesnt give up making it. She doesnt abandon it and keeps on trying. Shes not scared to make it, it runs in her blood. Some are mixed results (MX, MDNA) but you cant deny that if Taylor Swift, Rihanna, or Ellie Goulding released songs like Ghosttown, Never Let You Go, Crave, Back That Up, Hold Tight, Devil Pray, Beat Goes On etc they would b HUGE hits for them and all over radio, heck theyre even better/catchier than some of their popular songs! Rebel Heart especially is the best album Madonna has done in the past 15 years, including unreleased tracks/ demos.

And yes, she is still the queen of pop. Although I can see Gaga being the next in line (if she stops caring so much about critics and how everyone views her, I want her to say "Pop music will never be low-brow" again). 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

TMM90
5 hours ago, Helxig said:

How about like with real monarchies there are many queens who oversee their individual kingdoms. Sometimes start war with each other.. and their people fight

After Madonna dies. Until then she is the Queen of Pop. The title started with her and it will end with her.

never thought I would say this is in 2012 :oops:

• Thanks 1

TMM90
10 minutes ago, crazygato said:

I admire Madonna in that she still makes pop music and doesnt give up making it. She doesnt abandon it and keeps on trying. Shes not scared to make it, it runs in her blood. Some are mixed results (MX, MDNA) but you cant deny that if Taylor Swift, Rihanna, or Ellie Goulding released songs like Ghosttown, Never Let You Go, Crave, Back That Up, Hold Tight, Devil Pray, Beat Goes On etc they would b HUGE hits for them and all over radio, heck theyre even better/catchier than some of their popular songs! Rebel Heart especially is the best album Madonna has done in the past 15 years, including unreleased tracks/ demos.

And yes, she is still the queen of pop. Although I can see Gaga being the next in line (if she stops caring so much about critics and how everyone views her, I want her to say "Pop music will never be low-brow" again). 

I love ‘Rebel Heart’, its is very underrated. 

She will always be the Queen of Pop. I believe the title will end where it started, with her.

Bronco
43 minutes ago, Economy said:

Depends how u measure it.

In terms of pure commercial success Taylor Swift has surpassed her tbh. Shes surpassed most of her major records with the exeption of albums sold

In terms of total actual impact I say its still Madonna

Taylor may be huge commercially but she is the definition of sell out and cheap tactics to inflate sales not to mention super generic

Generally agree.

But I think the Eras tour has the potential to impact touring by Pop girls in a similar manner to the Blonde Ambition tour. 

And by that I mean the scale of production. Its by no means a unique stadium show, but its cultural impact as a stadium show is significantly more visible than The Weeknd's was & Renaissance which were both visually amazing and undoubtedly a brilliant production. They just haven't made the same level of media impact across traditional medias, print medias, social media etc. 

I genuinely get the feeling all future pop girl stadium productions will be compared to the Eras tour. 

HelloHangoverz
2 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Generally agree.

But I think the Eras tour has the potential to impact touring by Pop girls in a similar manner to the Blonde Ambition tour. 

And by that I mean the scale of production. Its by no means a unique stadium show, but its cultural impact as a stadium show is significantly more visible than The Weeknd's was & Renaissance which were both visually amazing and undoubtedly a brilliant production. They just haven't made the same level of media impact across traditional medias, print medias, social media etc. 

I genuinely get the feeling all future pop girl stadium productions will be compared to the Eras tour. 

I think its success might also make future artists more willing to be jukeboxes for their previous eras too. Remember when ARTPOP ACT II was floated, the main counterargument was "that's in the past, she's moved on, she's not a jukebox". Taylor embraces being a jukebox of sorts and I think most future artists will, now.

Edited by HelloHangoverz
If you suck d!ck like me you not buckin on me neither and that’s just that!
  • Like 1

Bronco
6 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

I think its success might also make future artists more willing to be jukeboxes for their previous eras too. Remember when ARTPOP ACT II was floated, the main counterargument was "that's in the past, she's moved on, she's not a jukebox". Taylor embraces being a jukebox of sorts and I think most future artists will, now.

Honestly I hope it becomes a springboard for pop artists being more willing to bring album cuts out. 

Obvs the Eras tour is a weird hybrid greatest hits tour combined with an album tour for Folklore/Evermore/Midnights/TTPD. But I really hope artists become more willing to embrace nostalgia at the same time as their new material. 

Rock/metal etc has been doing it for years.