Is she?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. title.

• Yassss!
    • Nooo..

Featured Posts

TMM90
1 minute ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

If you get out of the GDD millennial gay bubble she is objectively is the main force.

Deal with it and I'm not even a swiftie, just looking at numbers. 😆 

Numbers don’t make anyone the Queen of Pop. Queen of numbers, maybe but not the Queen of Pop.

• LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Guillaume Hamon
4 minutes ago, TMM90 said:

Numbers don’t make anyone the Queen of Pop. Queen of numbers, maybe but not the Queen of Pop.

Oh come on...

Nearly each time Gaga gets praised here it's for the records she broke etc so it absolutely is number related...

Edited by Guillaume Hamon

doja scat

that would be madison beer :poot:

don’t get stabbed with the (b)rat tooth

Togekiss

I voted no because we really just need to retire this conversation.

Pop music is not a monarchy. It’s actually not ANY form of government! The more you know.

360 > 143
  • Thanks 3

Togekiss
8 hours ago, Economy said:

Depends how u measure it.

In terms of pure commercial success Taylor Swift has surpassed her tbh. Shes surpassed most of her major records with the exeption of albums sold

In terms of total actual impact I say its still Madonna

Taylor may be huge commercially but she is the definition of sell out and cheap tactics to inflate sales not to mention super generic

In terms of total impact, it’s Mozart. I’m kind of joking but also kind of not.

360 > 143

Dutch

No one will remember numbers, everybody will remember cultural impact. Whitney, Cher, Tina, Madonna, Britney, Beyoncé and also Gaga are artists that had global impact in more fields than just doing numbers. 

Is Madonna THE queen? She used to be. But there are more people that deserve the credit that became before her and people that took it to the next level after her. Nevertheless for now the biggest female artist ever. 

Economy
8 minutes ago, Togekiss said:

In terms of total impact, it’s Mozart. I’m kind of joking but also kind of not.

I mean were talking specifically Queen of Pop... not King of all music so :enigma:

MANiCURE 6

She's literally the OG version of the popstar as we know today.

• Like 1

King of the Fall

This should not even be a question, Madonna's impact on pop music is so widespread that the very template of what it means to be a female pop star was created by her. She was inspired by the theatrics of her idol David Bowie and brought his sense of theatre to pop, she basically redefined what a pop concert could be

This is not even taking into account other ways she has influenced culture, such as her fearless advocacy for the lgbtq community at a time of massive prejudice in the midst of the aids epidemic and sexual expression for women in music

Edited by King of the Fall
He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite
  • Like 1

Kirby Ghosty

Like her or not, yes. She is the original queen of pop. She had had peaks and lows but I don’t think any other pop girly managed to “return” and be on top of the charts (IN HER LATE 40s!!!!) like she did during her Confessions era.  Hot Sauce Dancing GIF by Madonna

• YAAAS 1

Togekiss
1 hour ago, Economy said:

I mean were talking specifically Queen of Pop... not King of all music so :enigma:

I know but like when exactly does “pop music” begin? :trollga:

360 > 143

RAMROD

Are we stuck in 2005? :ororomunroe:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ...𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒹𝒾𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒶 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒 (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Economy
23 minutes ago, Togekiss said:

I know but like when exactly does “pop music” begin? :trollga:

Well its well established that given how long ago Mozart was that music is well established as "classical" now not pop so im pretty sure the point stands

Plus we have no evidence that Mozart was not a he so not gonna crown him "Queen" either way unless some evidence suggests otherwise :air:

phantasmas

i used to be a huge Madonna hater (and of any entertainer who wasnt Gaga) but i would never deny her that title, its undisputed at this point