💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

Meltdown over ‘Yoü and I’ as a single

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

Lucas

I didn't like the Born This Way album at all and first and when You & I was released as a single, I fell in love with the song and only listened to this for like an entire month... Then I gave another chance to Born This Way and fell in love with the album and it's now my favorite album of all time. Maybe if Gaga didn't release You & I as a single I would've never been a Gaga fan :ohno:

• Love 2

Oriane
9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I didn't like the Born This Way album at all and first and when You & I was released as a single, I fell in love with the song and only listened to this for like an entire month... Then I gave another chance to Born This Way and fell in love with the album and it's now my favorite album of all time. Maybe if Gaga didn't release You & I as a single I would've never been a Gaga fan :ohno:

Same with Paparazzi, I didn't care much for her before listening to this song, then I fell in love and listened to it on repeat, and it pushed me to discover the rest of her music.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • YAAAS 2

Axl Jax
2 hours ago, LG7 time now said:

Technically it didn’t do too well commercially, it was quite a flop for her at the time, but people were getting tired and no song would have been major imo.

That video is fabulous. I remember being between life and death watching it for the first time, my migraine was so terrible… but Gaga gave me a solution for that :cheeky:

It was Judas that sealed her fate IMO. That was the downfall

• Like 1

Charmz

It’s one of my favorite Gaga videos 🧜‍♀️ 

Always & Forever, 🧚🏻‍♂️🦉CHARMZ🦉🧚🏻‍♂️
  • Love 2

Anderson123
40 minutes ago, NATAH said:

you mean there was a poll before the ARTPOP one?!

Yes I can't remember if it was her website or here but I remember there being like 4 options and Scheiße won by a lot. You and I wasn't even close.

Edonis

literally one of her best videos, top 5 for me honestly. I kind of wish she went with that theme of Americana fantasy (Big Fish 2003 teas) during Joanne. It's such a unique feeling that you don't quite see much of. 

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

ThisGuyTony
3 hours ago, Axl Jax said:

It was Judas that sealed her fate IMO. That was the downfall

And now Judas is her 2nd most streamed song daily and is beloved by Gen Z. :icant: 

• Like 2

crazygato

It just goes to show how mishandled the era was. YAI is a GREAT track, top 3 for me, but her team was literally scrambling at that point when it was released.  It deserved to be a US single only, or if she wanted it worldwide, release it last. She had the 1-2-3 punch of BTW- MTN- TEOG- right THERE!!! But her team was like "let's create more controversy (Judas)!!! or lets copy Adele (YAI)!!!" They messed it up cuz they got greedy. I feel for Gaga at that time, they tried to Milk everything she was worth. I know some say downfall was ARTPOP, but looking closely it was BTW era. Im not saying Judas/ YAI shouldnt have been singles, they deserved to be, but they sounded like 5th/6th single material/territorial. Anyways, BTW continúes to be her best album for me, just thought the visión for it was messed up by greedy SOBs. 

• Thanks 2

killme89

No but I remember being upset because I remember how when she preformed this song at the Monster ball , she would never put it on an album or sell the song. The first Gaga betrayal lmao 

RochestrMonstr
49 minutes ago, crazygato said:

I know some say downfall was ARTPOP, but looking closely it was BTW era.

I have always said this! 

Edit: although not necessarily because of the single choices, though it surely played a part. 

Edited by RochestrMonstr

Ouranos
11 hours ago, ThisGuyTony said:

During this time I had a friend on there who posted she was filming the Government Hooker video and would debut a controversial performance of it at the VMA’s and I believed every word :rip: 

To be fair the vma tease did have government hooker even I thought she was going to perform it