OUT NOW!
music news

Katy Perry on the set of new music video

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Davidsdaze
4 hours ago, qoqo said:

I feel like being katy perry is the most embarrassing thing that can happen to someone

It’s like the opposite of being so Julia

• LMAO 8
  • YAAAS 2

Killa

God the hips that model has:kry:

Thanks God for american hypersenxualisation

altern8version
4 hours ago, River said:

queerbaiting again?

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

but is it really queerbating tho to have an undressed guy in the video making out with the female singer? straight guys are allowed to be sexual too 

• Thanks 2

monstertoronto
4 hours ago, River said:

queerbaiting again?

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Honestly “queerbaiting”? I know everyone hates Katy right now but dragging someone for putting a shirtless male model in a video is insane. It’s so incredibly common. Are you also dragging Alejandro or Express Yourseld and every Gaga or Madonna video that has a shirtless men in it? And “queeebaiting” is a term that is intended to criticize men who pretend to be gay to falsely make gay men think they are one of them for support. It’s not meant to be a catch all drag for anyone that does anything they might appeal to a gay man. Are we really so pearl clutching we don’t want any content of shirtless men that we actually might enjoy. And this on a forum that has an entire category to objectify hot men called Haus of Taste. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

Red

lol I thought the blond guy was Tom Felton for a sec

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

steven

Why does she look so annoyed lmao at least that guy is cute and can save this era jk

Edited by steven

StrawberryBlond

Damn, I thought that was Orlando for a second and he was pulling out all the stops to help his fiancée get a hit! :bear:The public went crazy for his naked paddle boarding pics with her and I thought this was part 2! 

That chastity belt-looking thing is going to take some explaining. She really is going all out to over sexualise herself again, after pulling back on that for her last 2 albums (Bon Appetit notwithstanding :bon: ) because her team probably think that "sex sells" is the only thing that'll work now she's been struggling for chart success for going on 8 years now. I don't know if she's really into this or she desperately wants to get back to her acoustic ballads. Either way, I think it's sad.

Edited by StrawberryBlond
  • Like 4

River
1 hour ago, monstertoronto said:

Honestly “queerbaiting”? I know everyone hates Katy right now but dragging someone for putting a shirtless male model in a video is insane. It’s so incredibly common. Are you also dragging Alejandro or Express Yourseld and every Gaga or Madonna video that has a shirtless men in it? And “queeebaiting” is a term that is intended to criticize men who pretend to be gay to falsely make gay men think they are one of them for support. It’s not meant to be a catch all drag for anyone that does anything they might appeal to a gay man. Are we really so pearl clutching we don’t want any content of shirtless men that we actually might enjoy. And this on a forum that has an entire category to objectify hot men called Haus of Taste. 

why should I drag express yourself or alejandro? Gaga and madonna didn't make a modest version and removed all the gay scenes there.

(the rest is also for you)

1 hour ago, altern8version said:

but is it really queerbating tho to have an undressed guy in the video making out with the female singer? straight guys are allowed to be sexual too 

The gay kiss in WW was queerbaiting and it was the only scene that she removed, because we're easy to be tossed away when a cis person wants to appeal to more conservative and religious people, and now she's going on with the winking to the gays with a guy in underwear.

Katy's album is house music, it's queer culture, the whole era is "gay" but we were the only ones she removed from the WW, it's erasure and appropriation by any mean.

So yes, a shirtless guy in underwear, which is obviously to catch the gays eyes, is queerbaiting.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 2

BULATIO

Was it Orlando who put the lock on her vagina?  :icant:

fighting buryat
  • LMAO 1

ThisGuyTony

Is it gonna be another “funny, slapstick, sarcastic” MV :cheeky:

• LMAO 5

altern8version
4 hours ago, River said:

So yes, a shirtless guy in underwear, which is obviously to catch the gays eyes, is queerbaiting.

Hard disagree. A shirtless guy just existing in a video is not queerbating. 

Also the two guys kissing in the previous video, while tacky and transparent, is also NOT queerbating. Queerbating is (by definition) when art hints at, but does not explicitly depict, a same sex romantic/sexual relationship or interaction. It’s bad because it’s trying to appeal to queer folks by having them semi-reflected in the story, without actually giving them representation, so they have plausible deniability for folks who would be against queer rep. So I don’t even think you’re using the term correctly. 

Words like this become meaningless when we try to fit everything under its umbrella. 

It’s like when people were saying “oh Charlie Puth is queerbating by posting photos in his underwear”. Straight guys are allowed to do that!! It’s not their fault if you’re a gay guy and you’re drawn to it.

Edited by altern8version
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 4

altern8version
2 hours ago, monstertoronto said:

Right? A shirtless model making out with a woman being called “queerbating” is so ridiculous to me. That’s literally not even close to what queerbating means. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2

GregJA

Looks… trashy 

Mr. No Award Winner 2020

rinasawachanta

As Madonna said in the song I Love New York: Baby, you can keep (it :cheeky:)

Edited by rinasawachanta