• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Borisapillar

• River

• Bradley

• Reality

Popular Days

River

Ryan Gaslighting was the lead in Barbie but was submitted to supporting because the studio determined that he has more chances to win this category than the lead one.

Same for Robert Downey Jr. who actually won the award.

Sometimes it's about the chances to win and not really about the screen time or if the actor is billed as the lead actor.

She most likely not gonna beat the monster actresses in Best Actress..

For ASIB if they submitted her for Supporting, she probably had 2 Oscar's that night.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 1

YourEvilTwin

Clayton Davis is a ****ing joke. Never believe a word that clown says.

• Like 1

Reality

I don't get why some of y'all are so angry about this. First of all, the movie isn't even out yet. She's obviously the female lead of the film, but if the story is mostly told from Arthur's point of view, an argument could be made that she's "supporting." Also, this wouldn't be the first time studios and actors have campaigned to be in a different category. It's happened dozens of times. Is it weird? Sometimes. But nothing to write home about.

It's very much a strategic decision and if she does it, ok. It probably does increase her chances of getting the Oscar tbh. But some of y'all acting like this discredits her artistic integrity are wild. Oscar campaigns are campaigns. It's about playing politics with awards shows and voters. 

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 1

YourEvilTwin
3 minutes ago, Reality said:

I don't get why some of y'all are so angry about this. First of all, the movie isn't even out yet. She's obviously the female lead of the film, but if the story is mostly told from Arthur's point of view, an argument could be made that she's "supporting." Also, this wouldn't be the first time studios and actors have campaigned to be in a different category. It's happened dozens of times. Is it weird? Sometimes. But nothing to write home about.

It's very much a strategic decision and if she does it, ok. It probably does increase her chances of getting the Oscar tbh. But some of y'all acting like this discredits her artistic integrity are wild. Oscar campaigns are campaigns. It's about playing politics with awards shows and voters. 

15 minutes ago, River said:

Ryan Gaslighting was the lead in Barbie but was submitted to supporting because the studio determined that he has more chances to win this category than the lead one.

Same for Robert Downey Jr. who actually won the award.

Sometimes it's about the chances to win and not really about the screen time or if the actor is billed as the lead actor.

She most likely not gonna beat the monster actresses in Best Actress..

For ASIB if they submitted her for Supporting, she probably had 2 Oscar's that night.

Y'all are taking this way too seriously. Clayton Davis is NOT a credible source by any stretch of the imagination and I can guarantee y'all he pulled this out of his fat ass. Gaga is NOT going supporting.

• Thanks 1

Reality
7 minutes ago, YourEvilTwin said:

Y'all are taking this way too seriously. Clayton Davis is NOT a credible source by any stretch of the imagination and I can guarantee y'all he pulled this out of his fat ass. Gaga is NOT going supporting.

I wasn't speaking like it was fact.

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 1

River
11 minutes ago, YourEvilTwin said:

I think you’re the one who takes it a bit too seriously.

It’s a possible outcome, supporting or lead, any oscar’s nomination is amazing.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 1

Jack3257

Two things to remember about voter psychology.  First, since Phoenix is playing the title character, she will automatically be the second thought for most people who watch the film.  Second, there need to be enough scenes with Gaga where Phoenix isn’t present for her to be a solid leading actress contender.  Phoenix was a working on the film for a while before Gaga started, so chances are he’s in more of the final cut.

Quentin

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought that it was "Gaga might campaign for President" :wtfga::volantis:

Follow every rainbow till you find your dream

Controversiaga

Oh who cares abt these awards anymore 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

RochestrMonstr

This award doesn’t always seem to be consistent with how big/small the parts are. 

Catherine Zeta-Jones won Best Supporting Actress for Chicago, and I would definitely think of that as a co-lead. 

A really old one, but Meryl herself won this back in 1979 for one of the title roles in Kramer vs Kramer. 

But then you have smaller roles like the lady who played the older Rose in Titanic being nominated. 

But if her screen time is comparatively less than Joaquin’s, this could be a legitimate thing