Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy Perry is reportedly freaking out over Woman's World flop

Teletubby

Featured Posts

stevana229

Honestly... she should do something NOBODY has done before and release a single from one her old albums like Legendary Lovers or Circle the Drain and promote TF out of it with performances and a video. It would set her apart from the rest tbh 

• LMAO 1

Rosalina

Oof... Woman's World has debuted outside the top 40 in the UK at 47 - that is catastrophic for a supposed 'comeback single'.

• Like 2

holy scheisse
4 hours ago, VTV said:

Pay Luke to terminate her contract and pay Max Martin to save this era. 

For the millionth time there is no contract lol she chose this life, hun 

• Like 5

JohnnyVersace

Putting the Dr. Luke of it all aside, the song sucks lol. It's dated, the message is almost offensive, it's exclusionary, and it's boring. And the snippet of Lifetimes proves the rest of the album is going down the same path. The thing with Katy is that she's just not a high-brow, smart artist with a message. She relies on camp and cheekiness but it's so tired at this point.

I honestly think she's toast when it comes to music. She tried to be edgy w Witness and it flopped, no one moved during Smile, and here we are again. I truly think she should just stick to being a tv personality and shoemaker :trollga:

• Like 3

Alfonso

I don't know but how couldn't they have seen something like this coming before planning the roll out? Like, I'm sure they do lots of marketing tests and previews to see the appeal and feedback.

I'm not really going to give an opinion on the music until the album is released but it just doesn't click that she/her team didn't know about this. 

We also don't know what happens behind the scenes but it seems like the point of the article is to try to make Katy look even worse (which is the usual with the media). But yeah, you would think that after so much time since her last album, they would've avoided something like this from happening.

Edited by Alfonso

vitoburrrito

I think her team thinks that she is "mother" and that every moment needs to be a pander to the LGBT community or TikTok. And because you can tell there is no substance or purpose behind it, it keeps falling flat. 

I'm not the biggest Katy Stan but I am not a hater either. I think she is a talented singer and songwriter. I earnestly think it would resonate with people more if she went back to the perspectives of her first two albums, which were more about her personal relationships and feelings. 

Instead, she is trying to force every moment to be either campy-sexual or inspirational, and despite her past success with that shtick, it just is just not selling anymore. Everything she does seems to aspire to be a joke or an inspirational moment, but ultimately just ends up being cringe. Whereas, if she created an era that was about her honest and personal take on becoming a mother, getting older, her relationship with her loved ones, etc. without the seemingly desperate attempts to be overtly "feminist", tritely inspirational, or to go viral on TikTok, people might actually want to listen. 

The weirdest thing about all of this is that she keeps trying. This will be her third flop because she keeps trying to do the same thing over and over again. It is truly astonishing that ten years ago she was the biggest of pop stars and seemingly didn't have to try to be successful. With Witness and ever since, whatever secret sauce she had, is just completely dried up and I find it fascinating. Honestly, someone should write a book about the rise and fall of Katy Perry. 

Edited by vitoburrrito
  • Like 1

Boris2

She needs to release Woman’s World (Non Dr.Luke Version) 

or. Re-release Deja Vu as the lead single and go into her darker era. :cheeky:

• Like 1

elijahfan

It's probably too late now, she shouldn't try to salvage anything and just stick to what she went for. If it's not connecting with people, at least have some artistic integrity and own up to your choices :oops:

Real Panda
49 minutes ago, stevana229 said:

Honestly... she should do something NOBODY has done before and release a single from one her old albums like Legendary Lovers or Circle the Drain and promote TF out of it with performances and a video. It would set her apart from the rest tbh 

All Too Well from 2013, all those Taylor Versions even Cruel Summer was on a 2019 album and it went number 1 recently.

• Like 3

NATAH
1 hour ago, stevana229 said:

that would be a waste of time and money for everybody involved :rip:

mother, what must i do?
  • LMAO 1

Bronco
25 minutes ago, Real Panda said:

All Too Well from 2013, all those Taylor Versions even Cruel Summer was on a 2019 album and it went number 1 recently.

I mean Cruel Summer went up the charts naturally due to Eras tour hype (and should have been the lead single for the album), All Too Well had the hype of the fan famous 10 min version coming out. So both had momentum behind them.
If Katy tried to get some random old deep cut moving up the chart it'd be harder than getting new music into the chart tbh because does anyone care?

• Like 1

Real Panda
3 minutes ago, Bronco said:

I mean Cruel Summer went up the charts naturally due to Eras tour hype (and should have been the lead single for the album), All Too Well had the hype of the fan famous 10 min version coming out. So both had momentum behind them.
If Katy tried to get some random old deep cut moving up the chart it'd be harder than getting new music into the chart tbh because does anyone care?

Yeah I agree with you. I'm just sayin'to the person I quoted, since they said Katy could release an older song and make it a hit, they said "NOBODY has done it".. Taylor has done it.

• Like 1

FreedomInTheMusic
1 hour ago, Alfonso said:

I don't know but how couldn't they have seen something like this coming before planning the roll out? Like, I'm sure they do lots of marketing tests and previews to see the appeal and feedback.

I keep on coming back to this. We can fault “Woman’s World” for being artistically shallow and just an overall lackluster comeback for Katy. But at the end of the day, I can’t understand how the label and her team didn’t foresee some of these issues and try to cut them off at the root. It’s a catastrophic business and marketing failure, and I would assume her label will think long and hard about investing in her significantly in the near future. On her end, she’d be insane to not think about turning her team over. A failure like this necessitates a hard reset. Let’s see if she has the guts to do it. 

• Like 1

HookerDotGov

The industry is wild cause who listened to Women's World and thought it'd be a hit...???

• Like 1