💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

‘143’ is mix-of Dark Horse, Hot n Cold, California Gurls

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

WhiteWitch
1 hour ago, Delulu Rogers said:

I'm so confused. Since forever people have been telling her to change her look and sound and when she did some change (witness era) people lost it and begged her to go back to her old look and "one of the Boys"'s sound. She seems to be trying to do that with KP6 and already people are dragging her for not evolving enough. Male artists are never asked to evolve nor are many female artists. I don't get it. 

There is a LOT of truth in what you’re saying, but I would not agree that 143 is any form of “evolution”. I agree with the criticism that Katy has not really evolved since Teenage Dream. She’s stuck to a very predictable image and sound that isn’t exactly the sound of now. I also don’t know how anyone gets “One of the Boys” out of the one song we do have. That album’s singles are barely reflective of the album itself, and those singles became the tone of Teenage Dream. Woman’s World doesn’t sound at all like either the album or singles. 

For most of what I have seen, this is about her launching a second comeback attempt that a decent number of people feel is completely devoid of substance. I’m sure some folks enjoy it and that’s fine. I just wish WW would have at least be bad enough make me as mad as some seem to be. I had zero emotional reaction to it, and received zero energy from her vocal performance. I also lost any interest or excitement in hearing any of the follow up songs, though I will still give the album a spin. I appreciate that it got me to revisit Closer To The Truth though, I missed that record lol. 

I also do think female artists should be expected to evolve… and I think all performers should be. I also do think there are clear examples of even male artists being held to this, such as Nickelback. Let’s be real, they were extremely popular…. And the reason they aren’t now is because everything sounded the same and folks got tired of hearing them. Any artists expecting to maintain any meaningful presence in entertainment for the longterm should be diversifying their sound and image at a bare minimum, if not the type of content they release.

Criticism about “evolution” has also grown hypocritical outside of misogyny too. It’s become something we exclusively hold non-faves to while then pining for long lost days of our own faves and the fact they did evolve. So I don’t know that it’s even worth discussing with merit given the extreme nuances and double standards there are on the topic. We obviously need to agree on a definition before we can reasonably hold anyone to it equitably. 

Ultimecia
50 minutes ago, Gangie said:

Bookmarked this so I can go back to this comment in 2026 when the album comes out to tell you that's exactly the same what she did before

:triggered:

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...

itsandrewtbh

In all honesty she could salvage the era and pass woman's world off as a promo or kick starter then Nirvana could be released as lead then Lifetime or Sexual with Kim.

Nirvana does sound great and would do well in gay clubs and it goes without saying she could get a somewhat viral hit with Sexual with Kim.

Lifetime sounds like something Jess glynne would produce but that would do so well with fiat 500 twitter. 

However if she releases gimme gimme with 21 savage I do think the era would be a write off it sounds horrendous.

The last mosquito that bit me had to book into the Betty ford clinic x

VTV

They better include the slut pop inspired tracks

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

NATAH
15 minutes ago, itsandrewtbh said:

or Sexual with Kim.

one of the reasons the era has kicked off to a horrid start is because of dr puke, putting another puke track in the limelight will just burn it back down to the ground :messga:

Spoiler

also puke or no puke, she needs an actual hit and a song named Sexual is NOT going to be the radio hit she needs :messga:

mother, what must i do?