Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy cancels Woman’s World Stationhead listen party

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

Tyler1992
34 minutes ago, Arcanum said:

Imagine how bad the situation is with Katy, when in a thread about her single floppàge, people start discussing about a retired chanteuse's last album which was released a decade ago.

It’s Glitter [pre re-evaluation] bad. 

• Like 1

Elohim

Maybe she should just cancel “women’s world” instead of canceling “women’s world” stationhead listening party.

anyways it’s just about time that she will tell everyone this single is only promo single that gives you a glimpse into the world of “143” and that the 1st single is arriving very soon.

Ants From Up There
1 minute ago, Elohim said:

Maybe she should just cancel “women’s world” instead of canceling “women’s world” stationhead listening party.

anyways it’s just about time that she will tell everyone this single is only promo single that gives you a glimpse into the world of “143” and that the 1st single is arriving very soon.

Reminds me of when Monsters said that Perfect Illusion was a buzz single after it tanked :icant:

I'm of the opinion that this era should just be totally scrapped because she's not going to come back from the Puke credits that are likely on multiple album tracks, pulling what Ariana did with Focus and scrapping just the lead probably wouldn't be enough. It's unfortunate because Nirvana and Lifetimes don't sound half bad, but her only hope at pulling more than Cyndi Lauper numbers in the future is hoping that society decays to the point where this debacle will be easily forgotten and releasing mindless sex bops without Puke credited in 5 years :icant:

Divine

I honestly was rooting for her this era. She had one chance and she blew it all over again. :smh: Imagine people wanting you back, being nostalgic for your past releases. She gained the right momentum but then she made poor choices all over again. It's such a waste. :fail:

"And I still love you even if I can't see you anymore."
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1

Divine

Also, I seriously can remember how she was a force way back Prism era (the Roar to Dark Horse releases are so lethal). I remember how sad this site was because Katy is literally slaying every ARTPOP roll out releases. 2013 will never be repeated because Katy never learns her lesson. I am pretty sure Gaga will be well acclaimed for the next album. 

I love her, but this era is another mess. I don't know if she'll bounce back with a new single for this era. :selena: 

AndiGaga
2 hours ago, Tyler1992 said:

Comparing to a similar situation with Rihanna.. She was releasing singles (FourFiveSeconds, American Oxygen, Bitch Better Have My Money), until a song (Work) stuck

Work really was a massive hit, but all of the other three songs are well known hits too. Crazy to think that their success was not enough for Rihanna

Divine
4 minutes ago, AndiGaga said:

Work really was a massive hit, but all of the other three songs are well known hits too. Crazy to think that their success was not enough for Rihanna

American Oxygen kinda tanked 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BUtterfield 8

op’s tweet isn’t working so is it real or not?

AnnTakamaki
1 hour ago, Elohim said:

the vinyl already pressing at this point so i dont think it will happen

AndiGaga
1 hour ago, Divine said:

American Oxygen kinda tanked 

Okay yes. But the other two are hits

Elohim
56 minutes ago, AnnTakamaki said:

the vinyl already pressing at this point so i dont think it will happen

Don’t we love a vinyl for a promo single? Her mind! She is the future of music :applause:  

Edited by Elohim
  • LMAO 1

Elohim
1 hour ago, Ants From Up There said:

Reminds me of when Monsters said that Perfect Illusion was a buzz single after it tanked :icant:

I'm of the opinion that this era should just be totally scrapped because she's not going to come back from the Puke credits that are likely on multiple album tracks, pulling what Ariana did with Focus and scrapping just the lead probably wouldn't be enough. It's unfortunate because Nirvana and Lifetimes don't sound half bad, but her only hope at pulling more than Cyndi Lauper numbers in the future is hoping that society decays to the point where this debacle will be easily forgotten and releasing mindless sex bops without Puke credited in 5 years :icant:

Yeah I really don’t get it, it looks like her label put on aloooot of money on this rollout, everything looks very polished, but non of the people on her label stopped for a minute and said “that’s not it, try something else” or is it because that she’s so hig she has some-kind of freedom to do whatever she wants?

HelloHangoverz
8 minutes ago, Elohim said:

Yeah I really don’t get it, it looks like her label put on aloooot of money on this rollout, everything looks very polished, but non of the people on her label stopped for a minute and said “that’s not it, try something else” or is it because that she’s so hig she has some-kind of freedom to do whatever she wants?

This is what baffles me. Many many people probably acted against their bigger judgement, why? Just to prop up Dr Luke? That's wild

sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place

Guillaume Hamon

Perry was the longest gimmick in pop music and it eventually revealed itself. Meanwhile Gaga was treated as such and relentlessly proved them wrong.

Edited by Guillaume Hamon
  • Like 9
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1

Ants From Up There
8 minutes ago, Elohim said:

Yeah, the whole thing is pretty confounding. She obviously has a team that tracks social media pretty closely and likely saw gays posting on Twitter craving a comeback in the vein of Teenage Dream and tried to go in that direction, and I guess they were hoping that Puke would fly under the radar given that he did for Nicki, Doja, and Lil Durk recently? I think it's justified to fund a rollout given that she made them a lot of money in the past, but ultimately it seems like Capitol is a pretty poor label overall. They don't have many consistently successful artists signed anymore (in fact, Katy is arguably the biggest despite all of this,) and they seem to invest in promo methods that are outdated, evidenced by the fact that they didn't invest in playlisting but instead spent the promo funds on radio and traditional marketing such as billboards etc.

Overall, her poor decision making over the past decade points to the fact that she has a lot of yes men on her team who want to chase her previous notoriety without being able to translate it to a younger audience.

• Like 1