💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy explains Woman’s World MV: “sarcastic & slapstick”

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

SOON
16 minutes ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

using feminism as an excuse to show her boobs?

Literally her whole branding this era.

and maybe since the beginning :ladyhaha:

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua

Real Panda

Wow so its actually satire, oh now it makes sense.. Dr. Luke on an alleged women's empowerment anthem is satire? Or is it irony? Or maybe just gross? 

doja scat

I fully believe this was her earnest attempt at a feminist message. The problem is, Katy's brand of feminism is that of a corporate commercial with no real meaning. Considering the political climate, this type of feminism is not something real women can latch onto as it's hard to take "it's a woman's world and you're lucky to be living in it" seriously when real-world circumstances are proving the exact opposite to be true. People want subversion and a real message behind what they're hearing nowadays and I don't think Katy understands that. Possibly a result of being insulated from the real world for so long? I knew when she was on Twitter thanking Elon Musk openly, it was over.

don’t get stabbed with the (b)rat tooth

Agunimon

It just truly boggles my mind that someone on her team didn't listen to the song, or watch the video and say "oh that's not" before it made it to the masses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

culturalbaptism

I think she's under some crazy Luke contract, just like Kesha was, not out of this world to think this, the music industry is shady. She's under a NDA as well, so I won't come after Luke's name being in the song, it could mean they actually worked together or she simply can't do anything about him putting his name on the song. Maybe a contract stating all first singles or all her new albums under Capitol Records must have his name on the producer list.

However, this whole thing is tacky. Very 2014. I think it's the same kind of opportunistic **** JNo did with one of her songs I'm not your mommy or something like this. This is screaming Witness low grade again. God, she needs to learn her ****ing lesson. Her last excellent song still is Never Really Over. This is the Katy we need.

Edited by culturalbaptism
Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

Bonkiii
17 hours ago, River said:

I wonder who tf told her that she's funny :poot:

Don't be so hard on her. She's an upcoming artist 

• LMAO 1

Teletubby
44 minutes ago, culturalbaptism said:

I think she's under some crazy Luke contract, just like Kesha was, not out of this world to think this, the music industry is shady. She's under a NDA as well, so I won't come after Luke's name being in the song, it could mean they actually worked together or she simply can't do anything about him putting his name on the song. Maybe a contract stating all first singles or all her new albums under Capitol Records must have his name on the producer list.

Kesha, Doja signed to Luke's label, Katy didn't. she also didn't work with him on her last 2 albums. What kind of contract would allow it?

Cockroach of GGD
  • Like 2

Franch Toast

Here I thought GGD was being too harsh on this song and video, and then I finally watched it today. 

Video aside, this song ain't it :alsemanche:

She/Her/Hers
  • LMAO 1

culturalbaptism
1 hour ago, Teletubby said:

Kesha, Doja signed to Luke's label, Katy didn't. she also didn't work with him on her last 2 albums. What kind of contract would allow it?

We can't be sure. Her silence is either she's working with him and don't give a **** or she's not working with him, he put his name on there for whatever reason we aren't sure and there's nothing she can do about it.

There's a lot of things Gaga don't talk about it because she legally can't. Doesn't mean she support, or is pissed about etc. This is how the industry works.

Teletubby
13 minutes ago, culturalbaptism said:

We can't be sure. Her silence is either she's working with him and don't give a **** or she's not working with him, he put his name on there for whatever reason we aren't sure and there's nothing she can do about it.

There's a lot of things Gaga don't talk about it because she legally can't. Doesn't mean she support, or is pissed about etc. This is how the industry works.

she said during deposition she has no contract with him. all people credited on Woman's World are from Luke's team so he was surely involved and not just added to the credits.

Cockroach of GGD
  • Like 2

culturalbaptism
15 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

she said during deposition she has no contract with him. all people credited on Woman's World are from Luke's team so he was surely involved and not just added to the credits.

Well then, she doesn't give a **** and went after him for the hits. She misses being on top.

• Like 1

Anderson123
4 hours ago, Agunimon said:

It just truly boggles my mind that someone on her team didn't listen to the song, or watch the video and say "oh that's not" before it made it to the masses.

According to an article she was adviced not to work with Dr. Luke in the first place and she did. If I were in her team I’d have been like “yeah let her do this disaster and make her learn her lesson”. These people probably also have a contract to fulfill so they’re just doing this to get over it and maybe drop her. 

• YAAAS 1

culturalbaptism
1 hour ago, Anderson123 said:

According to an article she was adviced not to work with Dr. Luke in the first place and she did. If I were in her team I’d have been like “yeah let her do this disaster and make her learn her lesson”. These people probably also have a contract to fulfill so they’re just doing this to get over it and maybe drop her. 

When you tell your manager this is a big mistake and they do it anyway, you sit comfortably and watch the **** unfold with your cup of tea and a smile of satisfaction. :ohwell:

• Like 1

Wolf Boy

She worked with Dr Luke again because he is responsible for her biggest hits and the 2 albums she didn’t work with him on bombed. She wants a hit, simple. 

Monstermilo

so song produced by a r@pist is supposed to make fun of feminism LMAO

oh katy keep diggin that grave honey