other

Is Kim Petras being forced to work with Dr. Luke?

tigerteeth

Featured Posts

Vicixs
52 minutes ago, Lucas said:

She also said Dr Luke was the only producer who accepted to work with her as other producers refused because she is trans... not here to blame or defend anyone though, just saying for her the situation is slightly different

I’m pretty sure Aaron Joseph aired out her dirty laundry stating that Kim’s trans statement was bs and she had HUNDREDS of people offering to sign her and she willingly chose Dr Luke?

Religion is a product to sell.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Teletubby
20 minutes ago, Dayman said:

This quote gets brought up a lot. But it’s important to ask the question - what else was she supposed to say? She was locked in on a publishing deal with him that saw her begin to release songs in 2016. Publishing deals are essentially the same as being signed to a label - although there is no true financial support or development plan from the label. So artists are still “independent” in that sense. So she can’t exactly speak out against a man she has a contract signed with, as well as having to give an on the spot PR answer that downplays severity of the question asked. She clearly was unprepared and didn’t know what to say in the video. 

Ethel Cain signed with his publishing company and says publicly that she regrets it and Luke is not credited on any of her songs.

22 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Nicki was talking negatively about Latto working with him - yet then a few weeks later his name is in the ”Super Freaky Girl” credits - I think she would know at that point if she worked with him herself on the song or not.

she was beefing with Latto months after ”Super Freaky Girl” was out . it was after Grammys have announced the nominations and Nicki's song was moved to pop category and Latto wasn't.
Nicki said, during IG Live,  that her and Latto's songs have the same producers. Latto's songs has only 2 producers:  Dr. Luke, Vaughn Oliver.

Edited by Teletubby
i ❤️ @Julianlittlem
  • YAAAS 1

Naufri

I like some Kim Petras music, but I will not overlook her choices. The girl is EXTREMELY wrong, and she will regret it one day.

• Like 5

tigerteeth
4 hours ago, Dayman said:

This quote gets brought up a lot. But it’s important to ask the question - what else was she supposed to say? She was locked in on a publishing deal with him that saw her begin to release songs in 2016. Publishing deals are essentially the same as being signed to a label - although there is no true financial support or development plan from the label. So artists are still “independent” in that sense. So she can’t exactly speak out against a man she has a contract signed with, as well as having to give an on the spot PR answer that downplays severity of the question asked. She clearly was unprepared and didn’t know what to say in the video. 

You have zero clue what capacity she works with him in and if it’s contractual or willing. Nobody does! But using context of other artists we can make several guesses.

1) Doja is a massive star and even SHE was reprimanded and forced to make retraction statements just for *implying* anything negative about him. An artist of Kim’s level will not be forgiven as easily.

2) Producers signed under him seemingly have some kind of stipulation that requires he be credited as a producer. What that entails we do not know. Doja has implied this heavily that his involvement is non existent. Nicki was talking negatively about Latto working with him - yet then a few weeks later his name is in the ”Super Freaky Girl” credits - I think she would know at that point if she worked with him herself on the song or not. Kims main actual producer has almost always been her (presumed) ex Aaron Joseph, who is signed under him. 

Look up Aaron Joseph’s writing and production credits and look how many have Luke credited. It’s practically 100% of them. Including “Super Freaky Girl”. Vaughn Oliver, Malibu Babie, Roco Did it Again are all others worth looking at their credits. 

There is undeniably something EXTREMELY fishy going on with credits involving Luke. Which should not come as a surprise given the Kesha case. He has been proven to be an exploitive and controlling person in just the business sense alone. His influence runs deep - and situations like this are extremely common in the music industry. Kesha was just the one brave enough to risk everything to fight back.

I’m not saying his camp is all being exploited. There’s definitely a few that are CLEARLY huge supporters and constant defenders of him. But it’s clear that it’s not a surface level situation. And truthfully I’m going to give Kim the benefit of the doubt considering at LATEST her publishing deal with Luke would have had to be signed in 2014-2015 given her timeline of releases. She has been locked into a contract that we don’t know the details of for the better part of the last decade - and we KNOW Luke has some of the WORST contracts imaginable for artists at all levels. It’s like signing your soul to the devil.

Yeah, that’s why I take thought the x thread was interesting and put things into perspective for me!

• Like 1

Dayman
5 hours ago, Teletubby said:

Ethel Cain signed with his publishing company and says publicly that she regrets it and Luke is not credited on any of her songs.

she was beefing with Latto months after ”Super Freaky Girl” was out . it was after Grammys have announced the nominations and Nicki's song was moved to pop category and Latto wasn't.
Nicki said, during IG Live,  that her and Latto's songs have the same producers. Latto's songs has only 2 producers:  Dr. Luke, Vaughn Oliver.

My points still stand? The time frame on the Nicki Latto is irrelevant. The point was Nicki had a Dr Luke credit in that same window and from the way she spoke about it - she seemingly had no clue he was credited since she used Dr Luke as ammunition against Latto.

Most importantly, every contract is different. Kim maybe didn’t sign a contract saying Luke gets credit regardless. But Kim pretty much exclusively worked with Aaron Joseph - who has a Luke credit attached to almost every single last song of his.

Based around what Doja has said and looking at how his credits have been in recent years. Luke is minimally involved in production work - if involved at all. But it does seem that producers that were signed under him are in a position where they are required to credit Luke regardless under most circumstances. It could be something in the contract that stipulates usage of his existing studio library, or even usage of his studio spaces. But it’s glaringly obvious - no producer has an output like that and it’s the kind is scummy thing he’d do to receive royalties on songs.

Kim and Ethel do not have the same contract. No two artists two. The contracts will always be in favor of the one higher in the dynamic in the industry. Truthfully unless there’s major leaks or another lawsuit by someone else - we will never know details like that. 

Dr Luke has proven to be greedy, manipulative, and predatory in every sense. I don’t think 100% of the people in his camp are victims. However, I do think there’s far more than people realize. Kesha took a stand that cost her a massive mainstream career. Most artists that are up and coming can’t take the risk to stand like that or they may never work again. And others that are big already have seen first hand what happened to Kesha. The music industry is horrible to artists at just a baseline, but they take all the blame and public responsibility for the actions of those above them, solely because they are the public face. 

Bonkiii

Everytime Kim Petras comes on as a topic on GagaDaily it's hard for me to retain myself... 

Edited by Bonkiii

tigerteeth
2 minutes ago, Bonkiii said:

Everytime Kim Petras comes on as a topic on GagaDaily it's hard for me to retain myself... because I know her when she used to live near Cologne... 

oh, schlechte Erfahrungen mit ihr gemacht?

Juanlittlem
3 minutes ago, Bonkiii said:

Everytime Kim Petras comes on as a topic on GagaDaily it's hard for me to retain myself... because I know her when she used to live near Cologne... 

Spill :flower:

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Bonkiii

I won't say anything specific. Let's just say to me it makes sense that she's working with Dr. Luke because he kind of made Katy Perry and Kesha a star. Working with a hit song maker despite ethical problematic behavior comes from the superficial desire to become famous, rich and have a hit song.

Tbh she's a bad singer (if you consider live vocals with extrem autotune as great singing then her "live" shows are perfect for you) :bon:

Edited by Bonkiii
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 3

ajmsamuel

Let her do Turn off the light 3 with him and then we took him to Katy Perrys basement (with Katy new álbum there)

kindest regards

Louvre
7 hours ago, River said:

She works with him willingly, like katy, nicki and others.

only doja expressed her dislike of working with him and in the last album he's not even a producer. she kinda hinted that he forced her to take the pop route in previous albums and actually didn't really produce or write any song and took credit not his.

imo doja is the only one that defended herself well against working with him. Like you could tell she was pissed, I respect her for that

• Like 2

Louvre
7 hours ago, Lucas said:

She also said Dr Luke was the only producer who accepted to work with her as other producers refused because she is trans... not here to blame or defend anyone though, just saying for her the situation is slightly different

She needs to find herself an indie producer a-la charli with a.g. cooke or shygirl with sega bodega. Smaller producers are usually super aligned/supportive with queer culture (which would make the music sound better lol). Luke's sound is washed up anyways, kim's song with sophie was the coolest thing she's been on for years. 

Also... she recently worked with David Guetta on one of her most popular songs. 

• Like 1

lavender blonde

Tbh I’m shocked how many Gaga fans stan Kim too. Let’s not forget that she and dr Puke wrote a song with “this throat Lady Gaga” lyrics. Let’s not forget that Gaga had psychotic break after giving her testimony during Kesha-Puke trial.

If you want support trans artists, support Ethel Cain. She’s unbelievably talented.

• Like 3