Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Is Kim Petras being forced to work with Dr. Luke?

tigerteeth

Featured Posts

tigerteeth

I just saw this thread on X - it shed some light on why Kim Petras is working with Dr. Luke and also that she’s being published by his laben and stuck in a contract with him.

What are your thoughts?

https://x.com/onepieceoftape/status/1780700071312658664?s=46&t=gkHAXRJVcr85fGny9sxa2w

edit: seems compelling to me. As far as I knew Kesha and Kim never had any beef or threw each other under the bus - so this would be in line

Edited by tigerteeth

monketsharona

Kinda think she has a contract to fullfil. She tried with other producers on Feed the beast but released some old  content with Luke then with Problematic and Slut Pop 2.0. And most of Luke's songs on Feed The Beast are some old stuff as well.

Edited by monketsharona
  • Like 4

SOON

Didnt she say she has nothing to be ashamed to be working with him?

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 7

tigerteeth
26 minutes ago, SOON said:

Didnt she say she has nothing to be ashamed to be working with him?

Source?

ARTPOPKISS

No 

Hope this helps :holdmyhand:

F@ggotry at its finest
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

River

She works with him willingly, like katy, nicki and others.

only doja expressed her dislike of working with him and in the last album he's not even a producer. she kinda hinted that he forced her to take the pop route in previous albums and actually didn't really produce or write any song and took credit not his.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Lucas

She also said Dr Luke was the only producer who accepted to work with her as other producers refused because she is trans... not here to blame or defend anyone though, just saying for her the situation is slightly different

• Like 5
  • LMAO 3
  • Thanks 5

Teletubby
46 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Kinda think she has a contract to fullfil. She tried with other producers on Feed the beast but released some old  content with Luke then with Problematic and Slut Pop 2.0. And most of Luke's songs on Feed The Beast are some old stuff as well.

she signed to Luke's label Amigo Records (subdivision of Republic Records) in 2021.
she signed to his publishing company, Prescription Songs, in 2016 (she had publishing deal with BMG before source)

Cockroach of GGD
  • Like 1

weed
18 minutes ago, Lucas said:

She also said Dr Luke was the only producer who accepted to work with her as other producers refused because she is trans... not here to blame or defend anyone though, just saying for her the situation is slightly different

I will always have more grace for ha, she's a trailblazer for the dolls and it'll be chapters in ha book. Is there any other trans performer even close to her (medium) success? Arca has a fanbase but very underground still.

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 5

River
27 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

she signed to Luke's label Amigo Records (subdivision of Republic Records) in 2021.

somehow her didn't seem to care about that, with all her power.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Oriane
26 minutes ago, Lucas said:

That's bs. There are millions of producers out there, many of them are open-minded or even trans themselves, and many of them a lot more talented than Dr Luke. That's just a choice.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 12

Joshie S

Now that Kesha is free, if Kim is happy to work with an abuser than she is more than welcome. I do worry about if she is experiencing the same thing Kesha did by not having a voice and control over her music, but I guess that's the price you pay when you decide to sign to an abuser.

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥
  • Like 1

tigerteeth
16 minutes ago, weed said:

I will always have more grace for ha, she's a trailblazer for the dolls and it'll be chapters in ha book. Is there any other trans performer even close to her (medium) success? Arca has a fanbase but very underground still.

It’s would definitely be so much easier for Katy Perry to decline working with Puke - she has the resources and connections - than an unknown artist like Kim

• Thanks 2

Dayman
46 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

she also said she wouldn’t work with somebody she believes to be an abuser
https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-radar/kim-petras-interview-2300441-2300441

D8zSOBTWkAAMt5Q?format=jpg&name=large

This quote gets brought up a lot. But it’s important to ask the question - what else was she supposed to say? She was locked in on a publishing deal with him that saw her begin to release songs in 2016. Publishing deals are essentially the same as being signed to a label - although there is no true financial support or development plan from the label. So artists are still “independent” in that sense. So she can’t exactly speak out against a man she has a contract signed with, as well as having to give an on the spot PR answer that downplays severity of the question asked. She clearly was unprepared and didn’t know what to say in the video. 

29 minutes ago, River said:

She works with him willingly, like katy, nicki and others.

only doja expressed her dislike of working with him and in the last album he's not even a producer. she kinda hinted that he forced her to take the pop route in previous albums and actually didn't really produce or write any song and took credit not his.

You have zero clue what capacity she works with him in and if it’s contractual or willing. Nobody does! But using context of other artists we can make several guesses.

1) Doja is a massive star and even SHE was reprimanded and forced to make retraction statements just for *implying* anything negative about him. An artist of Kim’s level will not be forgiven as easily.

2) Producers signed under him seemingly have some kind of stipulation that requires he be credited as a producer. What that entails we do not know. Doja has implied this heavily that his involvement is non existent. Nicki was talking negatively about Latto working with him - yet then a few weeks later his name is in the ”Super Freaky Girl” credits - I think she would know at that point if she worked with him herself on the song or not. Kims main actual producer has almost always been her (presumed) ex Aaron Joseph, who is signed under him. 

Look up Aaron Joseph’s writing and production credits and look how many have Luke credited. It’s practically 100% of them. Including “Super Freaky Girl”. Vaughn Oliver, Malibu Babie, Roco Did it Again are all others worth looking at their credits. 

There is undeniably something EXTREMELY fishy going on with credits involving Luke. Which should not come as a surprise given the Kesha case. He has been proven to be an exploitive and controlling person in just the business sense alone. His influence runs deep - and situations like this are extremely common in the music industry. Kesha was just the one brave enough to risk everything to fight back.

I’m not saying his camp is all being exploited. There’s definitely a few that are CLEARLY huge supporters and constant defenders of him. But it’s clear that it’s not a surface level situation. And truthfully I’m going to give Kim the benefit of the doubt considering at LATEST her publishing deal with Luke would have had to be signed in 2014-2015 given her timeline of releases. She has been locked into a contract that we don’t know the details of for the better part of the last decade - and we KNOW Luke has some of the WORST contracts imaginable for artists at all levels. It’s like signing your soul to the devil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7