Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Critic’s Opinions: Woman's World

palma

Featured Posts

Ants From Up There

This debacle revealing some truths about Chromatica is one of the best outcomes I could have hoped for :ally:

For some reason, it seems to have been normalized on other pop forums that Chromatica and Stupid Love were critically panned, which is absolutely not true. It wasn't necessarily met with abject raves à la Brat, but critics were overall warm towards the era and it made several year-end lists. And despite the recurrent streams being kind of tragic, I think it was more a case of the sound of the album not completely clicking with the general public in the moment and being ultimately forgotten as opposed to an atomic bomb (like 143, likely lol) that drew active derision from anyone outside of stan spaces. 

I have my minor quibbles with the album, and I think the production could have been a lot punchier and amped up to sell the 90's Eurohouse vibe, but it's a solid album that showed a lot of songwriting growth. I think it sets up LG7 quite well to be a more mature expansion of the electro-rock sound that BTW flirted with, and I hope the era continues to be reevaluated in the future.

• Like 3

ALGAYDO
22 minutes ago, actorol said:

apparently hes a background vocalist on the song aswell? https://genius.com/albums/Katy-perry/Womans-world-single (it was on the youtube release video credits aswell but i cant view it anymore because its not available in my country? and i cant put the screenshot here)

I just checked and yeah, Puke is credited as a background vocalist :saladga:

• Like 2