💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Critic’s Opinions: Woman's World

palma

Featured Posts

RenegAde
2 minutes ago, gemein3 said:

I think some of what we’re seeing is just how tired people have become of rich elites, with all of their influence, trying to monetize off of disparaged groups in society — groups they will never relate to and clearly, don’t care to. 

I know some of you are not happy with some of the reviews being harsh, and yeah — most of them are irrelevant writers and wildly unnecessary or meander, but at the core of it all is that she truly don’t give a f*** about any of this, and people respond. Just because a review doesn’t mention Luke, doesn’t mean the entire “amoral hypocrisy” isn’t having a factor in all of this. She’s a denialist conservative pretending to be an ally.

She’s triggering to people, and tbh that’s how I’ve felt since she started promoting this. The video alone is such an assault on women’s advancements in society. 

Stream Joy Ride! Kesha is the foil to all of this — an evolving artists who, as a woman, had her world stripped from her and unlike Katy, she has to work her ass of to get back. 

The promo and final product are definitely meh but are we saying the video is an antithesis of women empowerment solely because she's dressed in a bikini and booty shorts ? If so, Isn't that a bit of a contradiction?

Geniunly asking cuz maybe i missed some details in the video.

Just now, RenegAde said:

The promo and final product are definitely meh but are we saying the video is an antithesis of women empowerment solely because she's dressed in a bikini and booty shorts ? If so, Isn't that a bit of a contradiction?

Geniunly asking cuz maybe i missed some details in the video.

I mean its less that she's in a bikini and daisy dukes.

More the fact she's taken a famous feminist figure of Rosie the Riveter & almost made a parody of that figure? 

I think its just Katy Perry's odd brand of cringe, desperate viral chasing humour makes everything supposed to be pro-woman in the video look like its going "haha aren't feminists funny" instead of "haha I'm a feminist laughing at myself"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I laughed at the reviews from p4k and guardian, but now feeling sorry for her… for a fan who experienced the ARTPOP era, I hope she is taking these lightly.. 

malzejar
5 minutes ago, Locke said:

I laughed at the reviews from p4k and guardian, but now feeling sorry for her… for a fan who experienced the ARTPOP era, I hope she is taking these lightly.. 

my thoughts exactly, I won't be streaming because of that man but I hope she is fine 

• Like 5

lastpopicon
5 minutes ago, Nessun Dorma said:

I was wondering the same thing. She has made some very stupid choices, but they’re smashing her and her music so bad I kinda feel sorry for her at this point.

This is kinda wild, it's not like they are slapping her on the wrist, every single review is literally destroying her pop star image and dragging it through the mud. I'm far from a Katy lover, but this brings back some ARTPOP flashbacks.

Having said that, the writing was on the wall, I mean, the lead single is about women empowerment and she chooses to work with Dr. Puke because she wanted a hit, it backfired terribly. Turns out people actually care, especially if the song is not amazing. 

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Didymus said:

It deserves to be bashed but so does SL :rip: It is literally just as basic and unimaginative. It's just getting the benefit of the doubt now because it's more familiar.

Lbr, if Katy released SL this forum would've also annihilated her. Justifiably. And that actually goes for a lot of Chromatica.

Debatable. For me Stupid Love like a lot of Chromatica is trauma covered in glitter, the lyrics on the surface are camp but in hindsight Gaga is describing the psychotic breakdown she had, so in a sense, its ambiguity is a thousand miles more intringuing and thought provoking that whatever Katy Perry released today.

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Ngl I am shocked how much of a gleeful bashing she is taking from the industry. 

Like she's the most made for industry by industry pop act of the last decade and was one of the main pop girls of the last truly dominant pop era on the charts. I'm amazed they aren't trying to gaslight us into this new era

like if there was ever an era where her team should have paid for good reviews, it was this one :selena:

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 1

SpadesToStart

I just listened to it for the first time. The lyrics are so bad and the message is utterly ham-fisted. It’s like if you took Beyonce’s Run The World and dropped its IQ by about 50 points. The chorus is the best part, but it’s only sung twice and there’s no bridge. 
FLOP.

chathonnete

It's so unfortunate because if she decided to stop working with dickter luke and worked on a more elaborate song, it would have worked better. Her decisions really make me question her as a person sometimes..

Edited by chathonnete

• SharkmanthaC changed the title to Critic’s Opinions: Woman's World