💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Eminem - The Death Of Slim Shady

RAMROD

Featured Posts

lastpopicon

I personally can't support Eminem, the amount of women he dissed over the years under the guise of satire is staggering, not to mention the homophobic rants he often has under the same guise.

And my problem isn't exactly him saying the stuff, I don't actually believe he's homophobic or hates women but his lyrics empower bigoted people, I already saw many comments of how Eminem "Owned the libs" and "Owned the wokes" with his latest album... I honestly ask, is it that bad? Because those people don't care about his artistry, they just focus on the bits that reinforce their worldview.

Can't deny his talent but can't blame people that have an issue with him. :heart:

Edited by lastpopicon
The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Like 2

TheSine
8 hours ago, Aren said:

Not people on GGD supporting a homophobic sexist 

Aren't you the Jeffree Star fan?

"👁 Hate U" 💜🩷🩵
  • Like 1

Bronco
10 hours ago, lastpopicon said:

I personally can't support Eminem, the amount of women he dissed over the years under the guise of satire is staggering, not to mention the homophobic rants he often has under the same guise.

And my problem isn't exactly him saying the stuff, I don't actually believe he's homophobic or hates women but his lyrics empower bigoted people, I already saw many comments of how Eminem "Owned the libs" and "Owned the wokes" with his latest album... I honestly ask, is it that bad? Because those people don't care about his artistry, they just focus on the bits that reinforce their worldview.

Can't deny his talent but can't blame people that have an issue with him. :heart:

I mean I'm never going to blame people who take the stance you take. 

And Eminem could definitely do more to take shots at the asshats, he's taken some but clearly finds it easier to take shots at the gen z crowd. 

But the anti woke crowd are incredibly stupid and think everyone who isn't politically correct or pro-government in the music industry is on their side. Like until recently the idiots thought Green Day agreed with them 😅 so taking shots at them doesn't always clue em in anyway 

lastpopicon
50 minutes ago, Bronco said:

I mean I'm never going to blame people who take the stance you take. 

And Eminem could definitely do more to take shots at the asshats, he's taken some but clearly finds it easier to take shots at the gen z crowd. 

But the anti woke crowd are incredibly stupid and think everyone who isn't politically correct or pro-government in the music industry is on their side. Like until recently the idiots thought Green Day agreed with them 😅 so taking shots at them doesn't always clue em in anyway 

At the end of the day it's just music, I suppose I shouldn't have strong feelings about it, but I'd be lying if some of his lyrics don't irk me the wrong way.

Plus, under the current politic climate giving the bigots "ammo" is not ideal, I know it's satire, I know he's not actually anti LGTB (hell, he has a non binary son) and I know he's actually a very liberal guy, but I just hoped he used his "powers" differently this time. 

But I guess shock value sells, and I shouldn't be surprised about Eminem using it, like he did his whole career. A small part of me just wish he took another path this time.

Regardless, he is undeniable, that's why I get a bit worked up, the man has talent :triggered:

Bronco
47 minutes ago, lastpopicon said:

At the end of the day it's just music, I suppose I shouldn't have strong feelings about it, but I'd be lying if some of his lyrics don't irk me the wrong way.

Plus, under the current politic climate giving the bigots "ammo" is not ideal, I know it's satire, I know he's not actually anti LGTB (hell, he has a non binary son) and I know he's actually a very liberal guy, but I just hoped he used his "powers" differently this time. 

But I guess shock value sells, and I shouldn't be surprised about Eminem using it, like he did his whole career. A small part of me just wish he took another path this time.

Regardless, he is undeniable, that's why I get a bit worked up, the man has talent :triggered:

I mean rap is an artform, you should absolutely have feelings and the feelings are valid. 

All I'd say is this 1 particular album, the second half from Houdini onwards explores a lot of his Slim Shady/Marshall smack talk and shock rap stuff in a way that's more in line with what you want from him. 

Don't get me wrong, he's never going to be politically correct. But Guilty Concious 2 is very much him calling out everything he's done as Slim Shady. I actually kind of believe him this time that it might be his last album

lastpopicon
1 minute ago, Bronco said:

Don't get me wrong, he's never going to be politically correct. But Guilty Concious 2 is very much him calling out everything he's done as Slim Shady. I actually kind of believe him this time that it might be his last album

You just convinced to give the album a fair listen, I'm intrigued now.

I just absolutely hate how some people use his music as a weapon almost, wish it wasn't like that :heart: