💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

new video

Katy Perry - Woman's World

Teletubby

Featured Posts

CosmixSunshine

its a cute song, i can definitely hear Kohls playing it. 

Other than that, i feel like nothing has really changed with Katherine. The lyrics are very dull and the bridge is missing?? Her videos are always so tongue in cheek and no personality. 

She looks hot though! 

• Like 1

Not The Real Gaga
7 minutes ago, Joshie said:

Sorry, but it’s a bop. 

It's a very radio-friendly and catchy GP song for sure

The clip had some cool concepts but seemed kinda messy to be

mrpanditarulez

I prefer the demo version, much better than the garbage of the final version, the video not to mention, cringe as ****!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Meruk Holland

I think the first 5 notes of the chorus are catchy ~~It's a woman's world~~ but it falls apart after that. Could've made for a good woman's razor commercial. 

I know its just a stupid, silly music video where's she's having fun in woman's world, so critically evaluating this is a futile effort. But. This does not feel like a video targeted to women or feminists, or women's empowerment. This is to infantilize men into being feminist-tolerant. "It's a woman's world, you're lucky to be in it with all these titties bouncing around, who wouldn't want to live here, right fellas?" A lot of bathroom humor with literal urinal jokes, and sticking the gas hose in her asscheek. 

And you'll notice, it's only women aside from two men who are making out with each other. As if to show "see, you won't have any competition here, all the men in our lives only want other men! The only way you wouldn't get women here is if you were gay."

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

SevenWonder

As other have said, it's just so basic. And the "women's world" anthemic try-hardness feels about a decade too late. Even then, it's still too on the nose to be interesting. 

JoanneMonster

I really tried to like it but the song sounds basic and the video is very cringy trying to jump on every trend or on stuff that is “cool” nowadays but it will age like milk

I See You
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SHALLOW

Apparently she played a few snippets of the tracks on ig live a few days ago and some are really tragic. I think there may be one or two songs that are fine tho

Westerosi

A Los Angeles jury decided earlier this week that (Katy Perry’s 2013 hit Dark Horse sounds significantly enough like a 2008 Christian Rap song for it to be determined copyright infringement).

As a result, Perry, her label Capitol Records and her other collaborators on the song (including songwriter/producers Max Martin and Dr. Luke) have to pay the creator of Joyful Noise, rapper Flame (aka Marcus Gray) seven figure damages – the equivalent, found the jury, of 22.5% of Dark Horse’s profits to date.

Perry and Capitol had been waiting three days – until yesterday (August 1) – to find out what they were due to pay, and now we know: Katy Perry must pay $550,000, while Capitol is on the rack for nearly $1.3 million.

According to the New York Times, Perry’s five collaborators behind the song have also been ordered to pay, including Max Martin, who owes $253,000, and Dr. Luke, who owes $61,000 personally, while his company, Kasz Money Inc., owes $189,000.

The total balance owed to Marcus Gray and his co-creators behind Flame? $2.78 million.

Michael A. Kahn, a lawyer for Gray, said in a statement: “Our clients filed this lawsuit five years ago seeking justice and fair compensation for the unauthorized taking of their valuable creation. It has been a long and arduous path to this day, but they are quite pleased to have received the justice they sought.”
musicbusinessworldwide.com

Katy Perry has sold a bundle of her music rights to Litmus Music, with multiple sources pricing the deal at $225m (£182m).

The sale, which was announced on Monday, covers all five albums Perry released for Capitol Records, from 2008's One of the Boys to 2020's Smile.
BBC News

143; Studio album by; Katy Perry; Released September 20, 2024

Label; Capitol

Producer; Max Martin; Aaron Joseph; Stargate; Dr. Luke; Vaughn Oliver; Rocco Did It Again!
Wikipedia

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 4
  • YAAAS 1

Spanish Eyes

It's like she copied "Stupid Love" but emphasized the "stupid" aspect.

Edited by Spanish Eyes
  • LMAO 23

TheSine

Just a bit corny.

"👁 Hate U" 💜🩷🩵

Lanadelduck
53 minutes ago, crybrowz said:

The contract was only for her first 3 albums, so she's not been obligated to work with him since Prism.

GSFfy_MWgAA3pbC?format=jpg&name=900x900GSFfy_vbUAA7pUL?format=jpg&name=900x900

She's also stated on record that she was never assaulted by him

GSFfy_2aUAMfZan?format=jpg&name=large

And she hasn’t had a hit since!

this era was timed to debut after the lawsuit settled and she could go back to Luke. 

Edited by Lanadelduck
  • Like 1

Edonis

I'm sorry, I'm ready to get dragged for saying this, but it 100% feels like a video that was made to capture the male gaze as opposed to embracing sexuality or celebrating women and feminism. 

• Like 10
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 3