Katy Perry - Woman's World

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Economy
On 7/11/2024 at 6:46 PM, ThisGuyTony said:

“is a powerful celebration of womanhood in all its forms.”

Not with those kindergarten level lyrics :icant:

On 7/11/2024 at 6:55 PM, SOON said:

And definitely not with those models in the builders scene and zero body positivity. But I'm sure our good sis Katy squeezed in a few plus size models to seem more feminst :icant:

I love how she tries to have her cake and eat it too

Appease to the woke community with stuff about celebrating female strength... but then caters to sex sells with only stereotypically hot bodies in video while also working with Dr. Luke

A literal mess :toofunny:

Edited by Economy
  • Like 2

StrawberryBlond

I'm still trying to process this. Not only was the eventual song not as good as the snippet (it's always that or the reverse most of the time, which is why I hate listening to snippets) but this video is a mess. It looks so dated and cheap for all the money that was clearly thrown at it. For all that Katy was considered to be oversexualising herself during Teenage Dream, the whipped cream shooting out her bra is child's play compared to the uncomfortably close-up shot of her breasts, underboob and her ass cheeks out which she pushes a gas pump into. And that ending just made me cringe into oblivion, no idea how breaking into another woman's home and inexplicably stealing her property is feminist nor why she's under the impression that having someone scream "Who are you?" over and over is conducive to her attempts at a comeback right now. She really thought she ate with that closing remark.

The optics were all wrong. This is empowerment through a man's eyes, I refuse to believe women were present in the boardroom for any of this. We already knew the public weren't onside and now the critics aren't either. Even if this era outsells Smile, it won't matter. She's embarrassed herself beyond belief here, she's almost at Jojo Siwa level right now. 2 consecutive flop albums would ordinarily be enough to irreparably damage a career but this is the final nail in the coffin. 

• Like 3

GagaSuperfan1
On 7/11/2024 at 4:46 PM, ThisGuyTony said:
On 7/11/2024 at 4:46 PM, ThisGuyTony said:

“is a powerful celebration of womanhood in all its forms.”

Not with those kindergarten level lyrics :icant:

I mean you do expect more from Katy with so many classic empowerment songs, where was pen with this one, besides being a sister or a mother or a woman, tell us about womanhood? Where is that?! Maybe it’s meant to be more of an opener for the album and we hear about what it is to be a woman and why it is a woman’s world. The visuals were what you’d expect and wasn’t bad, but it was missing the heart of a Katy Perry song. Felt like we only made it to the kiddie pool, like we stayed in the shallow end and didn’t go very deep into female empowerment.

Edited by GagaSuperfan1

SEANGT

Do people not know this is a satire? Like on purpose? I can't tell if it's just an unsuccessful satire or if everybody is refusing to acknowledge that she knows what she's doing so they can act like she's an idiot. Lol

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Poker
5 hours ago, SEANGT said:

Do people not know this is a satire? Like on purpose? I can't tell if it's just an unsuccessful satire or if everybody is refusing to acknowledge that she knows what she's doing so they can act like she's an idiot. Lol

We know what she’s doing. Working with an alleged s. offender on a song titled “woman’s world” with empty lyrics and a mv satirizing “male gaze feminism”. A disaster. 

Kindness rules all.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HotLikeMexico
On 7/12/2024 at 8:33 AM, Shakmasda said:

Da **** was this?! So much nonsense. Reminds me of the Telephone video with lots of nonsense as well, but at least the song was fine. But this song ain't it. She seems to be having fun though, wheeee!

Taste left the chat. 

HotLikeMexico
5 hours ago, SEANGT said:

No, this was shite. 

King of the Fall

I knew this was going to be hot garbage but this exceeded my expectations 

Edited by King of the Fall
He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite

LG666

It's interesting how far we go to drag women when they don't meet our expectations. Yes, this song is generic and dated as is the music video. Dr. L*ke being involved is awful, and not to play devil's advocate here, but music contracts are quite complicated unfortunately. Nonethless, disappointed about this song choice considering him being involved.

I do wonder why we don't drag men like this. Where was this hate and energy when Drake came out with an album. Or Kanye? It's almost like the unfortunate and vapid duality of a "feminist anthem" produced by a r*pist has become a catalyst for us all to attack and blame Katy and direct our anger towards her. Because for some twisted reason, directing hate towards a woman is easy. 

It's a terrible song. A terrible video. A terrible situation. But the amount of dragging is nonsensical. Meanwhile, the same people who are shittalkng Katy are posting memes about Tr*mp and making jokes about the serious nature of his dangerous agenda and presence. Just one example.

Be so f*cking for real here people. 

Lastly.... Katy's entire brand is satire and sarcasm. The video is obviously sarcastic and those that are taking it TOO seriously are the target audience. It's fascinating to see. And all the engagement, INCLUDING y'all shittalking her, is generating a buzz and clicks and a media frenzy. Yes its bad press but it's still press. 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Edonis
2 minutes ago, LG666 said:

It's interesting how far we go to drag women when they don't meet our expectations. Yes, this song is generic and dated as is the music video. Dr. L*ke being involved is awful, and not to play devil's advocate here, but music contracts are quite complicated unfortunately. Nonethless, disappointed about this song choice considering him being involved.

I do wonder why we don't drag men like this. Where was this hate and energy when Drake came out with an album. Or Kanye? It's almost like the unfortunate and vapid duality of a "feminist anthem" produced by a r*pist has become a catalyst for us all to attack and blame Katy and direct our anger towards her. Because for some twisted reason, directing hate towards a woman is easy. 

It's a terrible song. A terrible video. A terrible situation. But the amount of dragging is nonsensical. Meanwhile, the same people who are shittalkng Katy are posting memes about Tr*mp and making jokes about the serious nature of his dangerous agenda and presence. Just one example.

Lastly.... Katy's entire brand is satire and sarcasm. The video is obviously sarcastic and those that are taking it TOO seriously are the target audience. It's fascinating to see. And all the engagement, INCLUDING y'all shittalking her, is generating a buzz and clicks and a media frenzy. Yes its bad press but it's still press. 

Both Kanye and Drake have been dragged to hell and back in the past 3 months alone, in a much more humiliating and public manner beyond anything Katy has ever experienced in her entire career. Trying to turn the backlash into (ironically) an issue of sexism whilst she is pushing a pseudo-feminist jingle produced by one of the most infamous figures in the music industry for abusing women is laughable at best. 

And all that "buzz" you speak of that's allegedly giving her the press she needs is moot when all she gets out of it is a top 76 debut on the BB100.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Economy
18 minutes ago, LG666 said:

I think ur underestimating fan wars a bit between male artists (and in sports world even more so). I hear debates all the time and scruitiny of who is better. Those straight guys at my work place will compare Drake vs Bad Bunny or Eminem they are definitely not comparing Lady Gaga vs Taylor Swift or Katy Perry I guarantee u. In fact they dont care to compare or scruitinize them because they barely acknowledge their existance in the first place :shrug:

But ur on a pop forum with a lot of ppl who predominantly care about female pop artists who of course are also Lady Gagas direct competitors and contemporaries so of course they will be mentioned more. Those guys at my warehouse are not gonna be found on these forums making comparisons between female artists so u wont see it on this side of the internet

I do agree though women are more scruitinized overall. But I am just point out being on forums dedicated to certain crowds of ppl may slightly exagerate the perception from reality in the gap between the sexes. The internet has a lot of bubbles that can alter ones perception of how common something is or isnt. It may be a little less common in men but i guarantee u its far from non existant

And as a side note I think its worth reflecting that as much as we blame mysoginy and toxic masculinity for this double standard, I seem to consistently see women or gay men a lot more interested in making these scruitinies and comparisons between mainstream female celebs than straight guys. And I find that an interesting irony and paradox tbh :huh:

Edited by Economy
Typo
  • Like 2

Naufri

I don't know if these numbers are really total. but making a request to the Spotify API through this secondary API (Spotify API doesn't offer a method to retrieve the numbers of a single song directly) these are the total numbers of the song: 

image.png

So 800k approx for the second day if this is right.

Juanlittlem
9 minutes ago, Naufri said:

I don't know if these numbers are really total. but making a request to the Spotify API through this secondary API (Spotify API doesn't offer a method to retrieve the numbers of a single song directly) these are the total numbers of the song: 

image.png

So 800k approx for the second day if this is right.

Yup, she did 2.257.000 on its 1st day, so 800k at maximum lol

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

Naufri
5 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

Yup, she did 2.257.000 on its 1st day, so 800k at maximum lol

Apparently she fell out of the global 200 of spotify. GP REJECTED the song

• YAAAS 3