💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Katy Perry - Woman's World

Teletubby

Featured Posts

palma
21 minutes ago, Shakmasda said:

Da **** was this?! So much nonsense. Reminds me of the Telephone video with lots of nonsense as well, but at least the song was fine. But this song ain't it. She seems to be having fun though, wheeee!

ntm on the camp classic best-music-video-of-the-2010s grammy nominated most iconic female collaboration of all time ms. telephone now :samanthac:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

boyerased

This is the last-ditch attempt to restore Katy to a level her peers long moved on from. At this point in her career she should’ve been established enough to be taking creative risks to hone her artistry. But no, she’s still out here pandering trying to chase hits.

Outside the producer situation which soured me, I was ready to forgive the whole Y2K trend-chasing vibe. I was then disappointed when the video come out and it was same old Katy, just more bland and dated. Not to mention how silly the song is. Reducing female empowerment to just that. We’re way past that kind of tokenism.

If this era fails, that’s it. I don’t see anyone investing more for her. She deserves it after all these choices. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Davidsdaze

Is there still time to ctrl + z this? I listened again this morning, and decided to play Harley’s in Hawaii instead 

lilboyblue
1 hour ago, Shakmasda said:

Da **** was this?! So much nonsense. Reminds me of the Telephone video with lots of nonsense as well, but at least the song was fine. But this song ain't it. She seems to be having fun though, wheeee!

Telephone had a clear theme AND narrative and it was very well-executed. Wdym it had lots of nonsense? It's one of the most brilliant MVs of its time! Not comparable in any way, shape or form to Woman's World.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

faysalaaa

The song and music video looks like a mockery of feminism and women!!

• Like 2

BlingNotTheMusic
7 hours ago, Teletubby said:

https://web.archive.org/web/20240401071542/https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/ViewDocument?docIndex=7IytLm1YIcrK4lCs/7xvDw==

There is also a part where she confirms that she stopped working with him to avoid bad press and because it could impact her streams and sales
KLUK.png

Holy ****. So she indirectly supported him/didn't back Kesha as recently as 2016?

Britney Spears Ugh GIF

https://discord.xyz/hausofdelulu

Illundressyou

it's quite simple and silly. but i think the chorus is catchy.. guilty pleasure incoming :laughga:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Nathaniel Arven

y'all giving force to katy rapey and dr puke i see. how many streams from knowing ggd people claiming to not support abusers ? I'm gonna have to stream ten times joyride for each one of those or something. 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 1

FGGrayson
21 hours ago, Aren said:

Before anyone tries to drag Katy, let us all recall she’s allegedly contractually obliged to work with Dr. Puke, and that she’s also allegedly a victim of SA. We don’t know exactly why she’s working with him, she may be a victim herself.

what kind of lie is that lmao, in court she said she wasnt obliged to work with him, she did it cuz she wanted

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗶𝗻𝗸𝗣𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀

elijahfan

I do like the song and think it's more solid than people make it out to be (I mean, since when do pop lyrics need to be complex and sophisticated?). It's just your run-of-the-mill Katy Perry single and video, it's solid but it's not really reinventing the wheel, the KP brand is still very much the same with the camp cheesiness and Gaga-filled mood board (not just saying this as a biased fan, but the sound and visuals are all very much Chromatica-coded).

It's just very difficult to expect an objective reaction given the context of who she made this record with. I'm curious what the reception would've been under different circumstances. I don't necessarily have a lot of sympathy towards Katy Perry, more often than not I think she comes across as fake and inauthentic and I've never liked that, but I'm not really enjoying witnessing the witch hunt and seeing everyone behave like complete bullies. I think it's totally fair to express disapproval regarding her choice of collaborator, but I'm sure there's a more nuanced and pragmatic way to express it than what we're seeing online right now. Idk, the whole ganging up on the female pop star thing has never been cute to me. Bullying doesn't suddenly become an OK thing when a celebrity does something you find morally questionable.

Thing is, none of us know any of those people, be it Dr Luke, Kesha or Katy. At the end of the day, only Luke and Kesha know what happened between the two of them. There's a judicial system, sure it's flawed, but it's there and it found him not guilty. As much as it displeases everyone, the case is closed and he's still innocent until proven guilty, and respecting that isn't incompatible with supporting Kesha. Is working with him today morally dubious? Probably, and the irony of choosing to do a female-empowerment anthem with him isn't lost on me. But it technically can't justify viciously hounding the people who choose to collaborate with him. What is also not lost on me is how the most violent hatred seems not particularly directed towards him or his male friends, but rather towards his trans and female collaborators, which I find frankly questionable.

Not sure why I'm sharing the extent of my thoughts on the matter as I'm fully expecting this post to be received with the very nuance I was talking about :laughga: But maybe this will help some of you see things with a different perspective, and enable you to enjoy this song if you want to without feeling like you've done something unforgivable.

• Shook 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

angelduuh

the video is cringe af, the song is meh

• Like 2

juicyjuicy
2 hours ago, elijahfan said:

I do like the song and think it's more solid than people make it out to be (I mean, since when do pop lyrics need to be complex and sophisticated?). It's just your run-of-the-mill Katy Perry single and video, it's solid but it's not really reinventing the wheel, the KP brand is still very much the same with the camp cheesiness and Gaga-filled mood board (not just saying this as a biased fan, but the sound and visuals are all very much Chromatica-coded).

It's just very difficult to expect an objective reaction given the context of who she made this record with. I'm curious what the reception would've been under different circumstances. I don't necessarily have a lot of sympathy towards Katy Perry, more often than not I think she comes across as fake and inauthentic and I've never liked that, but I'm not really enjoying witnessing the witch hunt and seeing everyone behave like complete bullies. I think it's totally fair to express disapproval regarding her choice of collaborator, but I'm sure there's a more nuanced and pragmatic way to express it than what we're seeing online right now. Idk, the whole ganging up on the female pop star thing has never been cute to me. Bullying doesn't suddenly become an OK thing when a celebrity does something you find morally questionable.

Thing is, none of us know any of those people, be it Dr Luke, Kesha or Katy. At the end of the day, only Luke and Kesha know what happened between the two of them. There's a judicial system, sure it's flawed, but it's there and it found him not guilty. As much as it displeases everyone, the case is closed and he's still innocent until proven guilty, and respecting that isn't incompatible with supporting Kesha. Is working with him today morally dubious? Probably, and the irony of choosing to do a female-empowerment anthem with him isn't lost on me. But it technically can't justify viciously hounding the people who choose to collaborate with him. What is also not lost on me is how the most violent hatred seems not particularly directed towards him or his male friends, but rather towards his trans and female collaborators, which I find frankly questionable.

Not sure why I'm sharing the extent of my thoughts on the matter as I'm fully expecting this post to be received with the very nuance I was talking about :laughga: But maybe this will help some of you see things with a different perspective, and enable you to enjoy this song if you want to without feeling like you've done something unforgivable.

Dr Puke or not, this song is absolute trash in my opinion. I’m fine with generic pop music with mindless/nonsensical lyrics, but this…this is just not it. This is her trying to make a point about feminism, and it’s really doing the opposite, and not giving anything. We’ll just have to agree to disagree!

• Like 5

KayTotoro

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but the amount of unnecessary hate/bullying on this thread is so sad to see

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ALGAYDO
3 hours ago, KayTotoro said:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but the amount of unnecessary hate/bullying on this thread is so sad to see

No sympathy for rapist-supporters lol 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2