new video

Katy Perry - Woman's World

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Freezie03

if I'm being perfectly honest, the song really isn't bad. it's basic, but I'd dance to it. it's just the fact that it's produced by dr. puke that turns me away from it.

but good god this music video is not it :icant:

Cybikitty
1 hour ago, Lextyr97 said:

Finally listened to the demo now that the song is out… um why didn’t they stick with this direction if they insisted on this song? The bridge/guitar solo is the best part of the song

it's insane how much better the demo is than the final product, this version sounds like it could be a #1 katy track for me but instead we have a watered down shopping mall version :awkney: it's baffling

but also, **** dr.puke :vegas:

Edited by Cybikitty
  • Like 4

Versace

Am I the only one that feels the final song is worse than the leaked demo 

• Like 6

GipJo
52 minutes ago, ajmsamuel said:

I think yes and no. And think while Hey Hey Hey is more touchable with the theme WW its more catchy

Who says anything about the catchy-ness of the song? Hey Hey Hey delivers better massaging than this both sonically and visually.

holy scheisse

Why does the video conclude with her breaking and entering, destroying property, and stealing from another woman :teenidle:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Taylucifer

so unfortunately Katy did not recognise her potential and made this song which is fine/mediocre but (as has been outlined by everyone) extremely contradictory to the theme of the song as known abuser Dr Luke produced. It is also extremely questionable that she is saying this is a woman's world while presenting one body type to be apart of this 'woman's world' (+ Trisha Paytas which is a whole other issue). The mv is also very sexualised for some reason? Yes, she has often leant into sexy vibes but generally that had more of a campy sensibility whereas this felt different, perhaps not helped by the Americana aesthetic throughout.  

She has done these empowerment anthems before (Firework) and done empowerment MVs before (Part of Me) so not really sure what happened or how this managed to happen. There seems to be a certain disconnect happening between her true artistic expression, what she thinks people want to hear from her and what she is creating.

I think had this felt any bit empowering (eg. not including Dr Luke who also seems like he will be all over the album) or genuine it would not have received as much vitriol online. It will be interesting to see how the gp reacts especially when it moves to radio. 

I still believe Katy does have one last major slay within her soul but at this point I don't see it anytime soon as she has seemingly squandered most good will with this release, wouldn't be surprised though if she pulls something out in 20 years and gags everyone (think Kylie and Padam).

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW
  • Like 1

Hyoha

I...hate it?

It sounds like what Stupid Love would be if Gaga had the IQ of an amoeba.

The MV is also basic as hell...so uninspired. I hate it.

• LMAO 7
  • Thanks 3

Anderson123

Mediocre as expected. It doesn’t go anywhere. 

• Thanks 1

JgHaus78

When I close my eyes all I picture is top four drag race maxi challenge 

• Like 1
  • Shook 1

ALGAYDO
1 hour ago, ajmsamuel said:

I liked it actually, its a womans world and we are Lucky tb livin in it

It’s a Rapist’s world, 

and Katy’s lucky to be living in it 

uh huh 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 2

WhiteHotForever

They should’ve stick with demo… this is so boring

Starmie25
2 hours ago, Lextyr97 said:

The bridge/guitar solo is the best part of the song

They should've kept that in agh. Major Sexy Lady vibes by JJ. :giveup:

• Like 1

27monster27
3 hours ago, Divine said:

I mean she definitely can pull videos outside "comedy/meme" energy. I just really expected a lot on this one. :shrug:

RIGHT!

Like this is my favorite video from the Prism era. I feel like her management and even Katy herself aren't very confident in her artistry. She has released a lot of legitimately strong artistic stuff (Spiritual, Power, Cry About It Later, etc.) but it almost always gets sidelined for other things.

he/him/his
  • Love 1