Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
movie

Devil Wears Prada getting a sequel

weed

Featured Posts

weed

https://www.eonline.com/news/1404708/the-devil-wears-prada-is-officially-getting-a-sequel-after-18-years

A sequel to the 2006 hit film The Devil Wears Prada is officially in the works at Disney, according to multiple outlets.

Meryl Streep will reportedly return as Runway editor Miranda Priestly, alongside Emily Blunt, who played her long-suffering assistant in the original film, according to Puck News. E! News has reached out to their reps for comment but hasn't heard back.

At this time, Anne Hathaway is not confirmed to reprise her role as Andy Sachs, although the film's original producer Wendy Finerman and screenwriter Aline Brosh McKenna are both currently attached, per Variety. While a million girls would kill to see this movie, there is no release date as of yet.

However, plot details have already been revealed: The groundbreaking sequel is set to focus on Miranda, as she faces the decline of the once prosperous magazine publishing business. In fact, the only person who can bail her out is her former assistant, Blunt's Emily Charlton, who is now a high-powered executive at a luxury fashion group, according to Puck. And apparently Miranda needs the brand's big advertising dollars in order to prove that everyone still wants to be her.

gagggggedddd mama

• YAAAS 11
  • Love 2
  • Shook 8

Anderson123

Damn I never expected them to make a sequel of this and if they did , never thought they’d bring back Meryl Streep. 

Please don’t make it a musical. :fan:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nutella

It was inevitable. One of the most rewatchable movies of the last 20 years.

They SHOULD be making a sequel to Death Becomes Her... not this lol

It will be fun to get hyped up about, but it will likely suck.

Hollywood can't help itself...

"Groundbreaking." 😑

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

TortureMeOnReplay

I loved the original, but I don't see it. Miranda's invulnerability was such a huge plot point. I don't see her ever admitting she needs somebody. I hope Meryl's signing on means she read the script and sees potential

• Like 5

Tyler1992

The premise sounds interesting enough! 

The original was so fascinating because of the inside look behind the scenes of Vogue (or the fictional Runway). If they could recapture that and go even bigger with a massive fictional version of the fashion group LVMH then it could work!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

dopega
45 minutes ago, weed said:

While a million girls would kill to see this movie, there is no release date as of yet.

awkward et GIF

• LMAO 3

Borisapillar

It’ll be terrible. If Meryl and Emily come back it’s because they’ve been offered an obscene amount of money. Oh, well.

• Like 1

thatfoxyfeeling

Hollywood really is all out of ideas. I hope this doesn't go ahead, even if it's good the original is iconic and doesn't need a sequel. 

lastpopicon

Lost count how many times I watched the first and I don't trust hollywood with this, if it's bad it will tarnish the legacy of the first one I feel. Yes, we have Meryl Streep and Emily Blunt and that's the only thing that makes me interested, but I'm not with high expectations.

The melody that you choose can rescue you

Anderson123

I think Anne is going to be part of it because all three of them were together at the Oscars and did this little skit playing their characters. I want to think the script is worth it and they’re part of it because it’s actually good, not just for the insane amount of money they could be getting for this. Anne, Meryl and Emily have only gotten bigger, it’s gotta be expensive to have them all.

Reality

I literally just watched The Devil Wears Prada for the first time last week :bradley: 

I'd be interested in a sequel tbh. I know people like to complain all the time that Hollywood is "out of ideas" and that sequels are "unnecessary," and while I don't necessarily disagree with that sentiment, I also think it's a product of people's moviegoing behavior. Inside Out 2 is literally one of the most successful animated films of all time now. It made over $1 billion in a couple of weeks. The reason why Hollywood keeps making sequels is because y'all keep seeing them. Let's not pretend like we're above it all now.

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Controversiaga

I 100000% am here for this. Nothing will touch the original but it’ll still be so amazing to see these characters on screen together again. Give me a whole damn Netflix series :cryga:

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

Rahrahbitchson

Everyone is complaining as if the movie hadn't already made a billion at the box office in its first week just by announcing this. :ohwell:

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

franminervini

OMG IT IS MY FAV MOVIE YES PLEASE :traumatica:

Have you checked the Charts Thread today?!
  • YAAAS 1

hieronymus

I can almost see this movie in my mind already. I'm so excited. It probably won't even come out until 2026/7

• Thanks 1