Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
celeb

Emma Roberts says nepotism hasn’t helped her land any jobs but made her lose some

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

• LMAO 12

Ziggy

I’ll say this: she is exactly the type of person to say this lol

• Like 16

NATAH

i mean i think this is one of those things you wouldn't realise unless you're on the other side of the fence looking in lol

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 12

PunkTheFunk

Her career exists because of nepotism.

• Like 8
  • LMAO 1

Head Empty

She really wants her narrative to be 'rags to riches' but she doesn't know what rags are :messga:

Happiness will never last, darkness comes to kick your ass... ‎ ᵃˢˢ 🕺
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1

The Fame

"Emma Roberts Net Worth: $25 Million"

I'm about to use all MY acting skills to shed a single ****ing tear :artdoll2:

• LMAO 6

StarstruckIllusion

Damn that cover dropped like 6 months ago and celebs that weren’t even on it are STILL hurt by it 😭😭

Monstermilo

the explain why shes a terrible actress who keeps getting booked? 

lastpopicon
Posted (edited)

no shade to her honestly but why does she keep talking about this? It won't gain her any favor, regardless if it's true or not, because people simply don't care. If she is a good actress, she just needs to let her work do the talking.

Considered a nepo baby, Jamie Lee Curtis is respected and a good actress, the point is, if you are actually good, people won't care. 

Edited by lastpopicon
The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Scar97

I’m not sure if she can act but she can do camp wonderfully. Scream Queens is iconic in my book

• Thanks 1

Tyler1992

it’s so close to reading-

“my family are assholes and I’m losing work because of it. Because I to, am a confirmed asshole”

ALGAYDO

I love her but she’s so out of touch with reality lol 

• Like 1

Future Lovers
Posted (edited)

This may be a hot take and I'm sorry if it is but here it goes:

I do think nepotism is a problem. I do. 

Just...not so much in the world of entertainment. 

The entertainment industry in and of itself is based upon connections. Who you know, your contacts. Its incredibly rare that you get somewhere in that world without knowing at least one person who can help get you in front of the important people. Of course, children or relatives of people who're already famous can more easily make those connections, but at the end of the day, entertainment is not a world where I feel the advantage is as brilliant as it could be elsewhere. It's a fickle industry that can and well tear you down or keep you from succeeding no matter who your family is because the audience dictates who wins and who does not. 

And, critically, the entertainment industry is not ultimately critical to the operation of the world. 

We're wasting our time worrying about celebrity nepotism in the entertainment industry when we should be paying much more attention to the nepotism that exists in the business and political world. Banking, finance, state and national politics, the tech industry. THAT is where nepotism becomes harmful. That is where people who don't know what they're doing are placed into positions that impact the lives of hundreds, thousands, sometimes even millions of people. A place where their ignorance or lack of training or skill has an actual real tangible real world impact. 

A director's daughter who maybe isn't a great actor but a got role because of her dad isn't going to hurt anyone. 

A senator's son who has no clue how to operate in politics getting elected into an official office because their father pulled some electoral strings is going to hurt someone. 

It's very easy to get mad at the famous entertainers for nepotism because they're rich and easy to criticize. I do it myself. But while we all point and criticize them, the people who're doing actual damage as a result of nepotism are getting away scott free. 

Not saying it's not worth having the conversation when it comes to entertainment, I just don't think it warrants near as much attention as the sort of dangerous nepotism happening in other places that often goes unchecked. The Hollywood celebrities are not the ones who're the worst nor most dangerous perpetuators of this. 

Edited by Future Lovers
  • Like 4

River

sis is playing the same character her whole career, just sticking a different name to her and a different vibe, either too dramatic, or funny, or fierce, but it's just the same old spoiled girl with 'mean girl' traits.

for a nepo baby that her aunt is THE Julia Roberts, you would expect her to be a spectacular actress but she's not and it's just another proof that talent is not by blood or by dna and some nepo baby just lacking it.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 2