Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
celeb

Camila Cabello addresses rumours of feud with Charli XCX

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

The first single of Camila's new album “I Luv It”, which descended on the internet in March and immediately drew comparisons to the 2017 track “I Got It” by the rebellious pop star Charli XCX. 

Apparently aware of the comparisons, Charli XCX posted a TikTok aping Cabello’s “I Luv It” music video set to the strains of “I Got It”, and tweeted: “Comee onnn mess is fun! nothing matters!” Privately, though, the pop stars had their own tete-a-tete. “But [Charli] called me and was like, ‘Hey, I hope you don’t think that I’m actually mad. This is me playing into the Brat era,’” recalls Cabello. “And I totally respect that, you know?”

Later, after our interview, I hear a rumour that an “I Luv It” remix featuring Charli was in the works but it didn’t pan out.

Madame Goo Goo

The author really just made up that part at the end, and made it seem like Camila said it…

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything
  • Like 1

• Teletubby changed the title to Camila Cabello addresses rumours of feud with Charli XCX
Red

the girl so confusing version with camilla cabello confirmedT

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

StrawberryBlond

I don't get how this is like a Charli track. It's so Lana coded, in fact, her whole album is. There's a reason she performed it live with Lana. She mixes hip hop and pop like Lana did back in the day mixed in with other contemporary stuff. Charli's style doesn't do it for me so considering I liked Camila's album, I don't think they can be that similar. If people want to get twisted over the C,XOXO thing, C is Camila's initial and that acronym has meant "hugs and kisses" since forever and you know it. That's kinda where Charli got her stage name from, she didn't invent that acronym. I don't see these same accusers going after The Weeknd with his XO imagery. Or the band, The XX. Or the upcoming album from Cigarettes After Sex which they've called X's. Or emojis with XX over the eyes to signify "dead." Or cartoons that label bottles of alcohol with "XXX." Or p**n videos being labelled XXX. Or anyone who's utilised x's to mean kisses or "toxic" or "dead" or "x-rated" or whatever. It's just like...people like hating on women's artistic choices or something. :trollga:

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Versace

Honestly past the “I luv it” song, her album couldn’t be more different than Charli’s sound. If anything it reminded me of Miley’s Bangerz. It’s very hip-hop coded. I too thought she would be making a hyperpop album given the lead single but it was far from the case. 

• Like 2

ALGAYDO
17 hours ago, Teletubby said:

Later, after our interview, I hear a rumour that an “I Luv It” remix featuring Charli was in the works but it didn’t pan out.

Oh I would be SO HERE for this