NUTELLA 31,134 Posted July 3, 2024 Share Posted July 3, 2024 1 minute ago, HelloHangoverz said: they've just said they'd be endangered (and more endangered than they are currently), as a gay person, if dems took over the governing of saudi arabia. of course it's bait haha I meant their arguments in general. I’d be that person who takes candy from a troll and follows him under a bridge lol Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
faysalaaa 5,382 Posted July 3, 2024 Share Posted July 3, 2024 2 minutes ago, JessFletch said: If it is bait, I’m so embarrassed because I keep falling for it like an enraged fool lol If it’s not bait, this person should stfu. From a distance, they’re spraying fuel onto a fire that threatens many. You are in constant fear that I will convert people who believe the things you do. Calm down, its a Lady Gaga website. Do you not understand that adult humans are exposed to different opinions on a daily basis and are capable of making up their mind? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
faysalaaa 5,382 Posted July 3, 2024 Share Posted July 3, 2024 8 hours ago, HelloHangoverz said: they've just said they'd be endangered (and more endangered than they are currently), as a gay person, if dems took over the governing of saudi arabia. of course it's bait haha edit: ohh, i think i misunderstood. he's still baiting though You only think im baiting because you are not capable of understanding that Democrats are capable of being bad, because they are humans in power. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
NUTELLA 31,134 Posted July 3, 2024 Share Posted July 3, 2024 Just now, faysalaaa said: You are in constant fear that I will convert people who believe the things you do. Calm down, it’s a Lady Gaga website. Do you not understand that adult humans are exposed to different opinions on a daily basis and are capable of making up their mind? “Constant fear” is a reach, but not a huge one. You’re being a reckless online at a time when it could have ripple effects on something high stakes. Don’t tell me to calm down 😃 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
HelloHangoverz 17,452 Posted July 3, 2024 Share Posted July 3, 2024 12 minutes ago, faysalaaa said: You only think im baiting because you are not capable of understand that Democrats are capable of being bad because they are humans in power. no, i'm actually very capable of three dimensionality and nuance in my thinking. i for example am capable of understanding that whilst to you the dems and republicans are pretty much the same, to american citizens they represent two very different lived realities. for example, dems bomb palestine, republicans bomb palestine. however, back home, dems allow abortion, republicans don't. so that's why people would entertain the possibility that republicans would sink lower than democrats/ and democrats would actually make an effort to uphold certain liberties and rights (regardless/in spite of how these efforts contradict their behaviour internationally). this is a debate about american domestic politics and you are accusing people of being short sighed for not considering how it looks from the saudi arabian perspective. am i missing something? where does that come into it? Availability is not weakness Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
faysalaaa 5,382 Posted July 3, 2024 Share Posted July 3, 2024 1 minute ago, JessFletch said: “Constant fear” is a reach, but not a huge one. You’re being a reckless online at a time when it could have ripple effects on something high stakes. Don’t tell me to calm down 😃 Anyone that starts mocking and making personal attacks lost the argument. Congrats, now I have the power to convert everyone into not voting Democratic. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
faysalaaa 5,382 Posted July 3, 2024 Share Posted July 3, 2024 8 hours ago, HelloHangoverz said: no, i'm actually very capable of three dimensionality and nuance in my thinking. i for example am capable of understanding that whilst to you the dems and republicans are pretty much the same, to american citizens they represent two very different lived realities. for example, dems bomb palestine, republicans bomb palestine. however, back home, dems allow abortion, republicans don't. so that's why people would entertain the possibility that republicans would sink lower than democrats. No im talking about it domestically too.. While republican are anti abortion, Democrats support full term abortion, which is something I disagree with and think is just as bad and harmful. Democrats will protect people like Fauci for his involvement in the coronavirus lap, while Republicans go after him. Democrats believe in hate speech while Republicans dont. Democrats allow Iran nuclear power, while Republicans dont. So both can be dangerous if they had full power.. (In my Opinion) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
HelloHangoverz 17,452 Posted July 3, 2024 Share Posted July 3, 2024 1 minute ago, faysalaaa said: No im talking about it dometicaly too.. While republican are anti abortion, Democrats support full term abortion, which is something I disagree with and think is just as bad and harmful. Democrats will protect people like Fauci for his involvement in the coronavirus lap, while Republicans go after him. Democrats believe in hate speech while Republicans dont. Democrats allow Iran nuclear power, while Republicans dont. So both can be dangerous if they had full power.. (In my Opinion) okay love x Availability is not weakness Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
NUTELLA 31,134 Posted July 3, 2024 Share Posted July 3, 2024 Just now, faysalaaa said: Anyone that starts mocking and making personal attacks lost the argument. I agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly. Not sure where I mocked you, though. I said you were "being reckless." But when you told me to "calm down," you were making light of my reactions. Mocking me, you might say. Let me know if I can clear anything else up for you 🖤 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
NUTELLA 31,134 Posted July 3, 2024 Share Posted July 3, 2024 @faysalaaa I apologize for entertaining the idea that you might be a troll. That could be perceived as mocking. I am sorry ⚠️ for real we love a swift humbling 🤡 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
faysalaaa 5,382 Posted July 3, 2024 Share Posted July 3, 2024 9 minutes ago, JessFletch said: @faysalaaa I apologize for entertaining the idea that you might be a troll. That could be perceived as mocking. I am sorry ⚠️ for real we love a swift humbling 🤡 Hey its fine you are always respectful, even when you really hate what im saying, and even when it gets heated between us. I just felt like I was being mocked by everyone because everyone was replying to me, and then you said something about candy I did not understand? but re-reading everything again, its not a big deal and you did not really mock me. Continue disagreeing with me and calling me out, I always welcome that, specially with members like you who are respectful. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
NUTELLA 31,134 Posted July 3, 2024 Share Posted July 3, 2024 2 minutes ago, faysalaaa said: Hey its fine you are always respectful, even when you really hate what im saying, and even when it gets heated between us. I just felt like I was being mocked by everyone replying to me, and then you said something about candy I did not understand? but re-reading everything again, its not a big deal and you did not really mock me. Continue disagreeing with me and call me out when you feel the need to, I always welcome that, specially with members like you. Histrionics + slight language barriers are a recipe for frustration haha Thank you for being nice, even if we disagree about a lot 💚☮️ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
27monster27 16,188 Posted July 3, 2024 Share Posted July 3, 2024 Project 2025 is the fascist play book for a conservative president. It's against everything the US should be about. Register to vote if you are eligible. Then you must vote. Democracy IS on the ballot and this is our evidence in broad daylight. he/him/his Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ivy 13,822 Posted July 4, 2024 Share Posted July 4, 2024 I thought Steve Bannon went to jail or something Imo if you think this could happen or you don't think it can happen, it's better to just make sure it doesn't the meow in zombieboy Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Aga Gydal 3,158 Posted July 4, 2024 Share Posted July 4, 2024 Americans have (through political apathy) created a situation where they have to vote for a less bad option. There is no world where “both are equally bad” unless you’re choosing to focus on a small handful of issues or just glossing over the topic. Once again, we have to wait for a time when we can put our vote behind someone truly transformative for the better, but unfortunately this is a “save the republic or undo basic rights for minorities” election. We’re voting to keep the lights on rn Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.