💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

celeb

Imagine Dragons’ Dan Reynolds on why he doesn't regret playing in Azerbaijan

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Dayman

He’s not wrong. It’s the same mentality of the people complaining Chappell Roan performing in southern states because of anti-LGBTQ laws. Citizens are not reflections of the actions of their governments.

Not performing in these countries means they become further echo chambers for those in power. Music and art can be a uniting thing, look at movements like punk rock. Or look at the likes of Gaga having performed “Born This Way” in several countries that have less than progressive LGBTQ laws. 

Music, art, and media all can serve as cultural movements. Thats something important we forget

• Thanks 1

Wolf Boy
15 hours ago, Bronco said:

But there's also no way you can guarantee that everyone in that crowd opposes the actions of their government either.

There’s no way of knowing that there aren’t homophobes, or men who beat their wives or a long list of other problematic people in literally any big audience anywhere. If that’s the measure then just ban any concert anywhere.

River
7 hours ago, Dayman said:

Citizens are not reflections of the actions of their governments.

They have been chosen by the people, not all of them, but the majority won, the government is a reflection of the majority’s opinions and the actions of the government reflects their opinions.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

River
7 hours ago, Dayman said:

He’s not wrong. It’s the same mentality of the people complaining Chappell Roan performing in southern states because of anti-LGBTQ laws.

But then they turned down an invitation to sing in a Pride event in the white house… “We want liberty, justice, and freedom for all. When you do that, that's when I'll come." 

Hypocrisy at it’s best..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Bronco
48 minutes ago, Wolf Boy said:

There’s no way of knowing that there aren’t homophobes, or men who beat their wives or a long list of other problematic people in literally any big audience anywhere. If that’s the measure then just ban any concert anywhere.

Everything you mentioned is obviously bad.

But unless the *government* is directly legislating to cause it, or perpetrating it itself, how is that relevant to what I said. Which was "committing genocide is a bit more than a difference of opinions with a government" lol

chromatic puzea
15 hours ago, JiII said:

This is also what the US government always says, but then they slap numerous sanctions against third world countries that dare to question US hegemony. And sanctions overwhelmingly impact common people, and poor people, the most.

The fact that Imagine Dragons won't even think or consider "performing" in Gaza should tell you all you need to know. Not only is Gaza too destroyed for that, revealing the unequal nature of the war, but it's also obvious that Imagine Dragon's ideology, like many others, is selectively moral.

I can't imagine them being this nice to countries impacted by the consequences of US and European hegemony the world over. They're only this selective and "nuanced" when it comes to a virtual US puppet state like Israel.

oh my god !!
is thee jill back ??

hello !!!
the queen has returned to save the country

i legit gasped when i saw your profile picture

🏳️‍🌈 arriba españa 🇪🇸
  • Love 1

Guillaume Hamon
Posted (edited)

Gaga couldn't perform in any of the country she usually goes to if she starts to avoid the ones with shady behaviors.

Edited by Guillaume Hamon