Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Avril Lavigne draws a huge Glastonbury crowd

Teletubby

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

I really didn't expect this for her. The way that the entire crowd seemed to know every word to I'm With You despite that not even being one of her biggest hits is insane. She really doesn't tour the UK properly these days because her albums haven't sold well here in years. She usually just does 2 cities at tiny music halls and that's it, whereas in NA and Asia, she can play arenas. Maybe this turn-out and love for her will make her reconsider in future. It's wild how her greatest hits tour dates consists of just 2 UK festivals. 

olive specter
22 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I really didn't expect this for her. The way that the entire crowd seemed to know every word to I'm With You despite that not even being one of her biggest hits is insane. She really doesn't tour the UK properly these days because her albums haven't sold well here in years. She usually just does 2 cities at tiny music halls and that's it, whereas in NA and Asia, she can play arenas. Maybe this turn-out and love for her will make her reconsider in future. It's wild how her greatest hits tour dates consists of just 2 UK festivals. 

im with u is actually her third biggest hit, only girlfriend and complicated charted higher and longer

and maybe now with steaming sk8er boi is up there too

Edited by olive specter
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, bionic said:

The walk from Shania to Avril was the worst I've experienced in all the festivals I've been to (but first Glastonbury this year so maybe thats normal?)

This was my 7th glasto and I’ve never experience the Other stage quite as busy as that, Fred Again.. was quite busy actually last year but avril was insanely packed. there was people watching her from where the dirt track was :cryga:

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

Biggest issue with Other Stage was that it was a central location that leads to every other major stage (direct route to Pyramid...), is surrounded on both sides by food stalls, and then surrounded at the rear by the largest central campsite. Also has a toilet block on each exit...

The logistics of navigating were terrible but the field itself wasn't bad. Unlike Sugababes which was a couple of degrees in temperature away from being a deathpit 

Yeah I was front row at Sugababes absolutely bursting for a pee but thought there's zero chance getting out and even less chance of getting back in. They closed the paths around the stage so it was exit only. The temperature was sweltering 

For me the Sugababes could have easily performed on the pyramid stage, they are so popular. 

SZA maybe could have been on the other stage, she gave sorta midday afternoon vibes 

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉