💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga confirms return to Vegas

Rifek

Featured Posts

HelloHangoverz
8 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Stupid but understandable economic decision. This is an easy check for her and audiences keep hilariously insisting this show is good, so why work harder in your actual artistic trajectory?

maybe it's just not for you lmao

Does anyone think global warming is a good thing? I love Lady Gaga. I think she's a really interesting artist.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 9

Nathaniel Arven

zfter watching her tours froms monster ball to chromatica. I need so bad to see her perform jazz. 

I want full experience of her verstaility. she's brilliant. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s worth noting that most people have it as a clause in their Vegas contract that they can’t tour during their residency period, at least not within a certain radius.  If it weren’t for COVID, we probably would have gotten a global tour for TCB+the East coast dates and Vegas shows.  She probably renegotiated during the pandemic to make Jazz a Vegas exclusive and do pop shows on the road.  

I could see her taking a year off of Jazz and coming back under a less restrictive contract.  She probably has a lot of negotiating power right now.  Then again, as much as people would hate to hear this I could see her trying to do a jazz tour (maybe a duel tour with two nights of jazz in a theater and then a pop stadium show in each city?).

The jazz show really fits Vegas, it's lusty, slutty and she's having fun.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 4

LG7 time now

I don’t know how to feel, it feels like she’s trapped in a world that doesn’t seem to be hers :messga: I LOVE her jazz shows but in Vegas? Start a New York residency instead! :firega: With original songs cause you need to become a jazz icon, but it won’t happen til you sing your own jazz songs :cheeky: I mean it happened to Tony but we deserve better (do we? :cheeky:)

HelloHangoverz
14 minutes ago, LG7 time now said:

I don’t know how to feel, it feels like she’s trapped in a world that doesn’t seem to be hers :messga: I LOVE her jazz shows but in Vegas? Start a New York residency instead! :firega: With original songs cause you need to become a jazz icon, but it won’t happen til you sing your own jazz songs :cheeky: I mean it happened to Tony but we deserve better (do we? :cheeky:)

I honestly think her first solo jazz album will be critically acclaimed. She'll smash it. She won't do an album of covers for her first solo jazz album.

Does anyone think global warming is a good thing? I love Lady Gaga. I think she's a really interesting artist.
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Didymus said:

Stupid but understandable economic decision. This is an easy check for her and audiences keep hilariously insisting this show is good, so why work harder in your actual artistic trajectory?

this show is good and i don't even like jazz :cheeky: just seeing her look so alive on stage is magical

mother, what must i do?
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

also idk why anyone is surprised when she literally said this on the last leg

i really hope they film the final FINAL shows and give us a concert movie, i'd be happy with her being chained to vegas then

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 1

Shame on some fan reactions. Firstly who is surprised. She loves these shows and they are also very popular and profitable for her. She can use this time to stay close to home in between any world tours. Seems like she also has lots of fun so glad she has these shows.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

ModernEcstasy

Ugh I was hoping she’d Tour with a Jazz show. 
The Westfield live stream is still one of my favourite things she’s ever done. 

Staying in Vegas makes sense though. I just pray that she’ll still tour because Lord knows I’ll never be able to afford a Vegas trip :noparty:

Edited by ModernEcstasy
  • Like 1

There's definitely a sense of something coming to an end, she's counting down, 5 to go, 4 to go. She's going to be out of contract and the j&p she's been doing for the last 5 years is finishing up.

When she says we'll be back, I presume 'we' means her and the band, so that does suggest something jazzy rather than progressive pop, but it's pretty vague at the same time. When she does come back, it could be at a different venue, with more use of visuals and technology, maybe she'll invent a whole new genre. I'm just sort of mentally riffing here, but you know what I mean, Her contractual obligations are over, she has it in her head and her heart that she wants to come back to Vegas, but that's all. It's a clean slate and she could come back with anything.

In the meantime she has a major movie upcoming, and even a cynical old crusty like me does now accept that LG7 actually exists, and that will mean a concert tour. Then there could be another movie, and she might just have other things on her agenda. If there are no firm plans in place, I can see Vegas slipping down the list a bit.

Edited by MOT
  • Like 1

Didymus
33 minutes ago, NATAH said:

this show is good and i don't even like jazz :cheeky: just seeing her look so alive on stage is magical

I love jazz and I don't like it :cheeky:

I get that she gets to be a pazazz-y diva and that's fun to watch but musically it's just a pastiche of stereotypical Hollywood "jazz" that honestly will have no merit whatsoever in the long run. No one takes her seriously in the jazz community and it hurts my ego. It also makes me uncomfortable that she thinks she's making the genre cool again when that's actually being done by tons of other current jazz artists and bands who aren't stuck in the past lol.

Edited by Didymus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I love jazz and I don't like it :cheeky:

I get that she gets to be a pazazz-y diva and that's fun to watch but musically it's just a pastiche of stereotypical Hollywood "jazz" that honestly will have no merit whatsoever in the long run. No one takes her seriously in the jazz community and it hurts my ego. It also makes me uncomfortable that she thinks she's making the genre cool again when that's actually being done by tons of other current jazz artists and bands who aren't stuck in the past lol.

who gaf about the jazz community, not her fault they're allergic to fun :cheeky: 

mother, what must i do?
  • YAAAS 3
  • Thanks 4

Didymus
28 minutes ago, NATAH said:

who gaf about the jazz community, not her fault they're allergic to fun :cheeky: 

Well, you could make the case that her stardom negatively impacts opportunities for and skews public perception of other jazz artists. When she played jazz festivals with Tony, for example, their appearance sparked a lot of controversy as their act was always separately priced and about 3x more expensive than the entire festival admission price, whose line-up usually included jazz legends who were simply part of the regular roster.

It's ok that it's all for fun but she also has a genuine musical opportunity to collaborate with jazz artists who are actually contributing to the genre today. She hasn't acknowledged or even mentioned any. She's shown a lot more care with other genres, even metal. I dunno. I know I'm being too much but I just don't think of Gaga as an Xtina or whatever who just has a semi-lame clichĂŠ jazzy Vegas show for fun and because she can't do any better but needs the money. She's a legit passionate musician. I expect more from her than just something fun.

Edited by Didymus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1