Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
news

Gaga confirms return to Vegas

Rifek

Featured Posts

Ladle Ghoulash
10 hours ago, Didymus said:

Stupid but understandable economic decision. This is an easy check for her and audiences keep hilariously insisting this show is good, so why work harder in your actual artistic trajectory?

EDIT: I read the rest of your comments and understand your stance, so disregard this response lolol

Edited by Ladle Ghoulash

Nessun Dorma

I feel that a part of this fanbase is nostalgic for the early years of Gaga’s career, when she was mainly a pop singer. 

But her artistry is too big to be labeled as anything. She’s not just a pop singer, a jazz singer, a songwriter, a performer, an actress… she’s all that together. And nothing could make me happier - as a fan - than to see her happy, doing whatever she feels like. 

And I really hope one day I’ll be able to witness all that jazz in Vegas. She never fails to amaze me! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Modern Ecstasy2
5 minutes ago, Nessun Dorma said:

I feel that a part of this fanbase is nostalgic for the early years of Gaga’s career, when she was mainly a pop singer. 

But her artistry is too big to be labeled as anything. She’s not just a pop singer, a jazz singer, a songwriter, a performer, an actress… she’s all that together. And nothing could make me happier - as a fan - than to see her happy, doing whatever she feels like. 

And I really hope one day I’ll be able to witness all that jazz in Vegas. She never fails to amaze me! 

This is exactly how I see it.

There are fans who are longing for the past, for the days when Gaga was a pop star, and that’s it. But that isn’t what’s happening anymore, and it hasn’t been like that for many years. She is so many things and does so much beyond pop, and some fans seem to struggle with accepting this.

I’m sure that pop will always be a part of her career, but so will jazz, acting, other things. Embracing it is amazing. J&P are some of the best shows I have ever seen and I’m very lucky that I get to enjoy and appreciate them.

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”
  • Love 1

Nessun Dorma
10 hours ago, Didymus said:

I love jazz and I don't like it :cheeky:

I get that she gets to be a pazazz-y diva and that's fun to watch but musically it's just a pastiche of stereotypical Hollywood "jazz" that honestly will have no merit whatsoever in the long run. No one takes her seriously in the jazz community and it hurts my ego. It also makes me uncomfortable that she thinks she's making the genre cool again when that's actually being done by tons of other current jazz artists and bands who aren't stuck in the past lol.

Hollywood jazz as way too theatrical? 

Also could you explain better when you state that no one takes her seriously in the jazz community? I mean she won Grammys for Cheek To Cheek and Love For Sale, isn’t it a big recognition? 

I’m not a big jazz listener (I’m familiar with some artists though) and I’m asking you from an outsider’s perspective, no criticism intended! 

Edited by Nessun Dorma

PartySick
9 hours ago, Didymus said:

when that's actually being done by tons of other current jazz artists and bands who aren't stuck in the past lol

Suggestions? The only jazz artist I really listen to is Lizz Wright but as I'm entering my "I hate pop music" era, I'd love to have more

Nessun Dorma
39 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy2 said:

This is exactly how I see it.

There are fans who are longing for the past, for the days when Gaga was a pop star, and that’s it. But that isn’t what’s happening anymore, and it hasn’t been like that for many years. She is so many things and does so much beyond pop, and some fans seem to struggle with accepting this.

I’m sure that pop will always be a part of her career, but so will jazz, acting, other things. Embracing it is amazing. J&P are some of the best shows I have ever seen and I’m very lucky that I get to enjoy and appreciate them.

Totally agree! And isn’t it great that she’s constantly evolving, exploring, learning and doing things connected to her soul? She puts her heart into her art, this is a tremendous thing. We all should be able to celebrate and be grateful for all the forms of art she provides us! And I’m sure pop will always be a part of her life as well! Whatever comes, I’ll be right here cheering for her! 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

dubstep111

I love you Gaga but would you please drop some old music that you didn’t release or new music because I can’t afford a trip to Las Vegas so def not exciting at all for me.

BlingNotTheMusic
10 hours ago, elijahfan said:

Her Vegas shows didn't prevent her from releasing new music and going on tour, I think some of us are being a bit overdramatic here. She loves doing these shows, they don't require an awful lot of prep, it's close to where she lives, it doesn't take time away from other things we care about.

Brazil I'm devastated :cheeky:

https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu

elijahfan
6 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Brazil I'm devastated :cheeky:

Her not going to South America has nothing to do with her Vegas shows.

BlingNotTheMusic
Just now, elijahfan said:

Her not going to South America has nothing to do with her Vegas shows.

talk gretchen GIF

• LMAO 1

elijahfan
7 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Let’s not pretend we forgot why she doesn’t tour and travel as much as she used to and why Vegas is an ideal option for her. I’m pretty sure she’d love to visit every corner of the world if it were only up to her, so while I understand fans’ frustration, I’ve always found the whining particularly tone deaf.

Edited by elijahfan

BlingNotTheMusic
26 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Let’s not pretend we forgot why she doesn’t tour and travel as much as she used to and why Vegas is an ideal option for her. I’m pretty sure she’d love to visit every corner of the world if it were only up to her, so while I understand fans’ frustration, I’ve always found the whining particularly tone deaf.

talk gretchen GIF

• LMAO 2

Ricardo

I'm honestly not mad, gonna get my visa this year and travel to see her live 

Queen Gloria

I don't mind it, I'm glad she loves doing it. However, I hope she takes a good long break between residencies. At least for a few years. I think it would be cool if she revisited J&P later on, maybe in her 40s/50s? 

AntonTurnItUp
20 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

why wouldn’t she return?

Because the majority of her fanbase resides outside the United States and many cannot afford a trip to Las Vegas, lodging, food, AND ticket to the show????????