💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

C,XOXO “boring, uninspired, a collection of generic beats set to pointless lyrics”

Squidward T

Featured Posts

PartySick
18 hours ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

Still can't believe they gave Billie a 6.8 it's literally contender for AOTY. 

The longer I sit with that album the more it bores me :rip:

It's a decent change from her other work, I like that she's started showing her vocals more, but it gets a strong "meh" from me now

💚
  • Like 3
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Reject False Icons said:

Is this how it felt living 2010 with the Gaga/Bad Romance Xtina/Bionic hate train of tireless comparisons and criticism :saladga: 

I don’t listen to Camila but it’s really annoying to see stans stuck in that mentality of the first one is the original and everything after is a copy, as if Charli was the only inventor of that style of music  

Yeah, honestly... those who are still comparing Camila with Charli at this point haven't heard anything from the album besides "I LUV IT", because sonically, it couldn't be more different. Out of the 14 tracks the album has, i don't know how anyone with a little bit of knowledge and good ear could compare or even find anything remotely similar to what Charli does in the whole album. It's two worlds apart, literally. 

The comparisons are baseless and just straight up hate for no good reason.

• Thanks 4

VOLANTIS

This is actually the only body of work from Camilla I enjoy. I like her little schtick here. It's unserious and fun. Definitely light hearted and not to be dissected really. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Starmie25
2 hours ago, VOLANTIS said:

This is actually the only body of work from Camilla I enjoy. I like her little schtick here. It's unserious and fun. Definitely light hearted and not to be dissected really. 

Familia was real good tbh.

• YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

I think she just rushed this album and era, like you don't really get a sense of direction or even "era" feel, it's just a bunch of things thrown at u with "I'm an indie bad girl now" and that's it + I Luv It is just a bad headache song that goes nowhere, a bad choice for a first single.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

SimonBaetens
8 hours ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

Still can't believe they gave Billie a 6.8 it's literally contender for AOTY. 

but it is by far Billie’s worst album, she’s getting too comfortable and needs new collaborators

King of the Fall

I have listened to this album twice now, it grows on you but I think it is a very mixed bag so I am not surprised it's recepetion has been polarizing

The problem was, she had a little black book and my name was written on every page

Madame Goo Goo
9 hours ago, SimonBaetens said:

but it is by far Billie’s worst album, she’s getting too comfortable and needs new collaborators

She doesn’t even need to drop Finneas! Would like to see how the two of them blend with other producers while still working together, since Billie makes it seem like she’s not interested in making music without him.

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything
  • Like 2

StrawberryBlond

I don't get why critics are being so hard on it when it's no different to the style that so many other current artists are doing which attracts praise. Is it because she's been known for doing Latin tinged pop and pop rock until now so it's "inauthentic?" It's so much better than other experimental albums that so many artists are doing right now. I know many would consider it sacrilege to say but I prefer it to Brat. It's consistent, fun and summery. Do you really want to blame a hot girl in her 20's to want to go down the baddie aesthetic route with trap sounds and hip hop guest features when that route is so lucrative and considered so cool? This is just what modern music sounds like and she just wants to be a part of that movement. 

And the Charli comparisons are clearly from people who never heard the whole thing. The album is completely focused on contemporary hip hop/trap beats with a sprinkling of house. Charli has always gone for more 90's British rave which is not what this album is about and Charli isn't the first to do this style either. XOXO meant "hugs and kisses" before she was around and that's where her stage name comes from so to act like no one can use the acronym is ludicrous. The whole reason around why she chose that name was clearly because if you trademark a saying as your stage name, people will think of you every time they use it. It would have the same reasoning if she called herself Charli LOL or Charli AF. Nicki Minaj even said on one of her songs that she trademarked a colour (pink) so that everyone would think of her when they saw it. If you just see "xoxo" and think it's a Charli XCX rip-off moment, you're very dense.