Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy Perry asked on why she worked with Dr.Luke again

monketsharona

Featured Posts

I feel bad for everybody involved. Bad choices or values. 
The song is probably quite good. They wouldnt bet on it otherwise. 
This context is a hell fire though. 

2 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

Doja signed her deal with Luke years before Kesha exposed him for being a rapist. And Doja was forced to work with Luke after the exposé because of the contract she signed before he was exposed. She even showed her distain toward him a few times on social media. And on top of that, he didn’t actually work on a lot of her songs, he automatically gets certain credits just for being her publisher. Most of people showing their disgust towards Katy know the difference between being legally forced to work with Luke (Doja) and working with him out of your own fruition (Katy). I don’t think any of the backlash Katy is getting is “unfair” tbh 

I think She totally deserves this. Mostly because She went tò support Kesha. I Imagine She has tò work extra hard now tò get good songs from the producers, since Shes not a hot artist, the good stuff goes tò new artists or those selling. She might have felt so cornered and desperate for success. 

I honestly feel bad for her, She showed bad character, completely sold out. So She deserves the backlash. Its Just that seems tò be a bunch of people ready way before this tò Jump on the bangwagin.

• Like 1

Funny how non americans asked her about this. Will american media do the same or dr rapist is still so strongo that everybody will remain silent?

• Thanks 1

Teletubby
12 minutes ago, Brizel said:

Didn’t stop Nicki Minaj getting a number 1 song. If the hype is there and the song is good the gp don’t care. 

it fell out of the top 5 in its second week. it reached #1 mostly thanks to 8 digital versions available for purchase from her online store ... some time after that Billboard decided that it would no longer count digital downloads from artists webstores for their charts

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Shook 1

14 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

Doja signed her deal with Luke years before Kesha exposed him for being a rapist. And Doja was forced to work with Luke after the exposé because of the contract she signed before he was exposed. She even showed her distain toward him a few times on social media. And on top of that, he didn’t actually work on a lot of her songs, he automatically gets certain credits just for being her publisher. Most of people showing their disgust towards Katy know the difference between being legally forced to work with Luke (Doja) and working with him out of your own fruition (Katy). I don’t think any of the backlash Katy is getting is “unfair” tbh 

I wasn't actually aware of her being signed before all that so I revoke my initial message 🤣🫠 I did check credits on planet HER songs individually and he was a actual writer on most and producer on the rest (or both)

Better example is Nicki recently I guess, latto, so many in the rap scene, he's made a bunch of top songs in the last years and if the problem is HIM, it should always be that way, not just when it's Katy 

On 6/27/2024 at 10:47 PM, ALGAYDO said:

Same thing they say about Katy though! How she’s had a multiple albums contract with Dr. Luke ever since her early albums.

So what’s the truth then

On 6/28/2024 at 1:15 PM, Leoooo said:

I wasn't actually aware of her being signed before all that so I revoke my initial message 🤣🫠 I did check credits on planet HER songs individually and he was a actual writer on most and producer on the rest (or both)

Better example is Nicki recently I guess, latto, so many in the rap scene, he's made a bunch of top songs in the last years and if the problem is HIM, it should always be that way, not just when it's Katy 

Katy Perry had a contract with Dr. Luke for multiple albums ages ago! The contract is still active!

How is she different from Doja?

I’m so disappointed by how people wanna drag a WOMAN instead of dragging Dr. Luke (who is cleared legally of any crime, btw).

If you guys hate dr. Luke and care about women so much - go hate on him, stop dragging another woman

A Real Panda
39 minutes ago, nkta said:

Katy Perry had a contract with Dr. Luke for multiple albums ages ago! The contract is still active!

I’m so disappointed by how people wanna drag a WOMAN instead of dragging Dr. Luke (who is cleared legally of any crime, btw).

If you guys hate dr. Luke and care about women so much - go hate on him, stop dragging another woman

The contract is no longer active, and Katy herself spoke about this. Katy said during the Witness era that she isnt obligated to work with him and she did not work with him because she did not want to be seen as "picking a side".

Dr. Luke was not on Witness. He was also not on Smile. I think Katy reunited with him and Max Martin together to regain her pop mainstream success which is her choice regardless of Dr. Luke's bad reputation and not because of any contract.

Teletubby
51 minutes ago, nkta said:

she doesn't have a contact.

Luke's legal team calculated losses for 10 years since lawsuit and calculated that he would have worked with Katy on 3 more albums if not for the lawsuit (Katy said she did not hire him to work on next albums due to the lawsuit). She was not obligated to work with him.

She has never signed a contract with Luke's label like Kesha or Doja. 
She had only publishing deal (publishing deals do not require to work with specific people) for 3 albums that was fulfilled by PRISM.

there is Katy's testimony from 2018
P.jpg

Edited by Teletubby
I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

1 hour ago, nkta said:

Same thing they say about Katy though! How she’s had a multiple albums contract with Dr. Luke ever since her early albums.

So what’s the truth then

Katy Perry does not currently have any contracts with Luke nor any of his companies. I’m sorry that you fell for a Katy fan’s lies used to justify her working with a rapist. 

olive specter
1 hour ago, nkta said:

loud and wrong

On 6/27/2024 at 5:18 PM, Tyler1992 said:

It’s crazy to think Gaga could have went down the same path if she didn’t do Cheek to Cheek, Joanne, AHS, ASIB etc and diversify her image.

You mean if she was untalented? 🤭