💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Chappell cites "Alejandro" for spoken word inspiration

ChicaSkas

Featured Posts

ChicaSkas

Chappell Roan was recently interviewed and revealed that her song "Super Graphic Ultra Modern Girl" was in part inspired by "Alejandro". 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8uY1bso3Pu/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 11
  • Love 7

Madame Goo Goo
4 minutes ago, Starmie25 said:

Hot take: I like her, but I honestly don't get Gaga vibes from Chappel (least sonically) but guess that's just me

Marina and the Diamond though..

I think it’s more so about seeing Gaga in Chappell, not hearing her.

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything
  • Like 7
  • YAAAS 3
  • Thanks 3

ChicaSkas
9 minutes ago, Starmie25 said:

Hot take: I like her, but I honestly don't get Gaga vibes from Chappel (least sonically) but guess that's just me

Lyrics of SGUMG are so Fame coded to me 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk
  • Shook 1

14 minutes ago, Starmie25 said:

I totally agree. Yeah dressing up as the Statue of Liberty was a Gaga 2008-2012 thing to do. But I don’t see a similarity at all? Young Gaga made dance pop that was way more sexual, electronic, and high-fashion than anything on the radio at the time. Chappel makes sing-songy camp tunes with (hand motions lol)?  Red wine supernova sounds exactly like a Sheryl Crowe song. The spoken word bridge in Femininenomenon sounds so Disney. 

Edited by Nycboy
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1

Plastic Flower
Just now, Nycboy said:

I totally agree. Yeah dressing up as the Statue of Liberty was a Gaga 2008-2012 thing to do. But I don’t see a similarity at all? Young Gaga made dance pop that was way more sexual, electronic, and high-fashion than anything on the radio at the time. Chappel makes sing-songy camp tunes with (hand motions lol)?  

That's the point tho. Nobody's saying she's the new Gaga because of the music. It's her expressiveness, her presence, her visuals.

Drop it
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

lastpopicon

whats NOT to like about her? Her music his GREAT, I listened to the album dozens of times at this point, it's sooo good. Plus, she's down to earth, slays live and has an interesting stage persona, it's the whole package!

Wish her all the success in the world and I'd literally die if Gaga and her collabed :icant:

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 4

love this and love to see her rise to fame, it makes me so genuinely happy bc I've been rooting for her since 2020, my best friend showed me Pink Pony Club when it came out and have loved it so much since. 

I definitely see Gaga in her- not her music nor lyrics, but in her theatricality, her personality, her looks, it's giving Gaga level theatrics and she's making a very specific section of queer ppl feel very seen in a similar way Gaga made queer ppl feel seen in the late 2000s. 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Like 3

I don’t care who gets upset here about the Gaga comparisons but it’s literally true, this Girl is the next Gaga in a sense. History was bound to repeat itself and we finally have a pop girl who isn’t trying to fit the beauty standard, who is freely expressive of who she is and is vocal about making others feel good and standing up for them. The way she DIYs her looks and is inspired by Drag makeup and culture. Everything about her brings back fond memories of me seeing Gaga’s rise on the scene during TF/TFM era. Then I saw her perform on Jimmy Fallon and the last person I saw perform with such a fire and sheer artistic expression is honestly Gaga. People not wanting to admit to these parallels are simply yearning for the good old days and refuse to let go of them. It’s sad but I think the Gaga we came to love and know up till ARTPOP is just a shell of her former self now when it comes to everything around music. Not to discredit her other endeavors, and I hope she achieves her dreams of becoming a big movie star with each project she takes on. We’ll be hopeful for LG7 and in the meantime we’ll enjoy the rise and fall of a Midwest princess. 

• LMAO 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

She’s not the next Gaga lol. Gaga smashed worldwide from the very beginning, even before the US. While this Chappell girl success is still limited to the US and a few Anglo countries.

Gaga had that international cosmopolitan NYC edginess. Chappell, on the other hand, couldn’t be more Midwestern. I’ll just leave it at that.

• Like 3
  • LMAO 1